It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really miss John Lear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I am the first to admit, that when I first discovered ATS...I was drawn in by the name of 'Lear'.

I KNEW the father's work, obviously, on the LearJet. AND, I had a sense of the son, and his accomplishments. AND he has done well, the Son.

William Lear has left this mortal coil, unfortunately. We know this.

BUT now, I miss his son, John.

ATS has langished, in my humble opinion, in the last year. It seems to need a spark! OK, I know, the Quadrennial Exploitation of the Masses...got that, it's Election Year!!! Had my fill of that.

I'd like to see ATS get back to the basics. Not Politics, since that is dead from the start! But the good stuff!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I don't know why he was banned. There's a lot of ATS politics I guess, I don't see a reason why they should have banned him. They should re-instate him!!!!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Your not the only one. I miss him also. I have a passion for aviation and he was the reason why I joined ATS. It's just not the same, I know I can say that much.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I guess this place is filled with more Neoconservatives, Fascists, and authoritarians than you can shake at stick at!!

No room for dissent.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It was better with him here.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Actually I would like to hear a response from the ONE OF THE MODS TO EXPLAIN WHY HE WAS BANNED!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Gateway....see, that's the misconception!!

He WAS not banned!

I think I've learned a lot, since discovering ATS. I also know how to search the member database.

John Lear is NOT banned....he simply chooses to not contrubute, anymore, to this forum....and I happen to find that....thinking of the correct word....a loss.

That is all....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
I don't know why he was banned.

HE WAS NOT BANNED!!!

How often does the staff have to repeat that?

John Lear's Profile Page

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I miss John Lear to...............I really enjoyed everything he shared with us......he taught me allot, and opened my eyes to many things.

John if you read this thread perchance...I am waving to you

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Gateway....I imagine someone, perhaps one of the Three Amigos, will eventually U2U you to link a thread that wil explain everything.

It's not up to me to explain, of course....but I've read the various threads, and understand the situation.

I'm just sayin'....Captain Lear knew how to spark a fire, that's all!!

Off the subject....let's see what Jhonny can do, as we see more of the Adams Mountain info!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Gools that hurt my eyes man. What's up?

Who is John Lear?

I guess I have to do some research.

Edit: I found this:
tinWiki

[edit on 9/6/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
No man, according to John Lear himself he was banned. Listen to this video specifically at 10:20...

"finally on following Sunday they allowed me just long enough time...and then I was banned forever" -John Lear

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Funny, how I can't flag and star this thread...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

You can't star or flag anything in the Board Business & Questions Forum.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Interesting, I've yet to read a full explanation refuting what John Lear had to say from ATS's point of view, regarding the whole mess.

Maybe, I shouldn't dig too deep, otherwise I might find myself the way of John Lear.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Ok, so I just watched the part of the video that he talks about ATS.
But I looked at Gools link and he as of now at least is not banned.
Like I said, I don't know who this man is.
Maybe they'll work it out.
As far as the cia, why would they run it if they can just look at it for nothing?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Have you ever considered for a smidgen of a moment that he could be lying?

Look people...

I personally have had quite enough of the accusations levelled at ATS over this John Lear character. Use the search function and read up on what happened here and you will find that JL's version of the story does not match the ATS version.

So it basically comes down to this: which version of the story do you believe and consequently who do you trust most?

If it's not ATS (and the staff here) then I suggest you move along... nothing to see here. go join your hero John Lear wherever he's posting these days.

Whining about why he no longer posts here or whining about how great he was - after the way he treated us - will not win you any friends with the ATS community.

End of story at this point in my humble opinion and as a non-UFO forum enthusiast.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Gateway

Ok, so I just watched the part of the video that he talks about ATS.
But I looked at Gools link and he as of now at least is not banned.
Like I said, I don't know who this man is.
Maybe they'll work it out.
As far as the cia, why would they run it if they can just look at it for nothing?

You can ban people, and claim that he wasn't banned. How do we know that his membership activation link wasn't activated recently?

As far as the CIA stuff goes, it's certainly plausible. Lear's contention is that they have people within ATS open accounts or the moderators themselves "gear" or influence the direction of discussion, instead of letting it naturally happen; as in an open forum.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Damn it Weedwhacker, you got us all in the poop!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Look I understand your point. But to insinuate, that people conjure things up for the sake of conjuring things up is preposterous. Like Carl Menger said, "All human action is as a result of cause and effect". It would be ridiculous to assume John Lear is "making this whole thing up" just to cause trouble. I highly doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join