It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 Lighting II DAS System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am still new to DAS System, and I wish to know if some of you would translate this video for me since I am deaf:

www.youtube.com...

I have been doing some research F-35 Lighting II's DAS system, I thought it is a revolutionary technology where F-35 will be using in near future. I have searched for any discussion on DAS system in this forum, but haven't found any so far. So I thought I would bring this up for discussing.

In case someone doesn't know what DAS is, there are short explanation of DAS at this link under TARGETTING:

www.airforce-technology.com...

It have been my great passion studying military aviation since I was kid, from WW II to modern/future aircraft. I always enjoy learning so much about them, especially discussing about them. One of reason why I like this ATS is because there are many people discussing about military aviation. I decided to take an opportunity to start a new thread about DAS and I look foward seeing what people think about this new system.

Chaoic out...

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Since I can't find a way to edit my first post, there are something I want to add about DAS system.

It may offer pilot great advantage in aerial combat but it also give pilot one of great disadvantage. It dull down their dogfighting skills, the importance skills of ACM.

ACM = aerial combat maneuvers.

This lessons was learned in vietnam war, where they thought that dogfight was obslete due to missile technologies. But of course I realized that its 2008, not 1970s where technology different so greatly. But again, what if something happen, like say, DAS goes spoof for reasons. Or what if other aircraft have a new way of encountering missiles? That is why ACM skills are still pilot nesscary skills when it come to dogfighting.

DAS system is a revolutionary system, but I fear that it will dull down the pilot's skills in future. I would say that this era we are living in now are the last age of pilot with raw ACM skills because people move so fast through technology world. This era is age where people began to move so fast through technology worlds. But at least, some of us still remember the lessons of past wihle moving on. But what worries me is that, most of young who are in military aircraft that uses DAS may not be as great pilot as older pilot who studied and trained through ACM.

Chaoic out...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sounds like DAS will be a good Force-multiplier. Each individual F-35 will be capable of enhanced situational awareness.

Now all they need is a little laser that shoots down missiles as they gain on the six.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

join