It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey on Beliefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Question for anyone who wants to answer: Do you possess a central belief / belief system in your life and if so, what is it? Also, feel free to elaborate on the reasons behind your belief if you wish.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Rock Lobster]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I follow the teachings of Jesus as much as possible. I am not your typical "christian" as I would never go to church and I don't believe "Jesus did on the cross for my sins and I can do whatever I want as long as I believe that".

I'm in my 30's and I have been well off and homeless, I've been on both sides of many things and experienced alot. I've been popular and unpopular. So I seen alot of things from both sides of the argument. So when someone would say something biased about certain people/things, I had my own experiences telling me otherwise.

What I learned was that Jesus was exactly right. If we ever hope to live in a society that is peaceful and understanding then people will need to follow in his footsteps. And no matter what your opinion of what heaven is like, there is no doubt that the only way that heaven could exist is for people to act like that.

So thats pretty much what I try to do. Live and let live. I live by 1 universal law and that is that I will do my best not to impede on another beings free will. You can easily get other things off that, don't murder someone, including murder of the mind with manipulation, don't steal and all that stuff.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I dont follow any established religion.
I just try to live with honor/help where i can if needed/and learn what i can through experience and logic.
I believe there is a bigger pitcher that most of us dont see and i spend a lot of time trying to grasp it/understand it without causing harm to anyone or thing.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hmmm i was raised a Catholic and still go to church every week. I never really challenged those beliefs until my mid-teen years when i began to grow conciously aware of other spiritual ideals and started to read more heavily about extraterrestrials and spiritual enlightenment and the whole shebang.
So i'm 18 now and my entire mind framework has been blown out of the water and completely opened to these broader concepts and yet i find it harder to "stick" to one particular belief set.
My perception of things is changing everyday. I want to learn from all sides, not be biased or ignore what i "think" is probably wrong.

I believe humanity is good at heart and people can do the right , loving thing in every single situation they are apart of, directly or indirectly.
In each moment we create - we're creating ours and others existence. It doesn't take a highly intelligent or spiritually aware person to recognise that.
People should do the best that they possibly can and just treat all forms of life with reverance.

Those are my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This is my belief system, my creed if you like.

1. Things are pretty much the way they seem to be.

2. We can trust our senses; they rarely play us false.

3. There is a rational explanation for everything, even irrationality.

4. Theory must be borne out by experiment and observation or it is nothing.

5. Self, mind and soul are words whose meaning disappears when you examine them closely.

6. Free will is an illusion except in the most contingent and provisional sense.

7. God is a superfluous hypothesis.

8. When words and action disagree, believe the action.

9. All behaviour is ultimately selfish.

10. Timing is everything.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Astyanax]

new topics

top topics

join