It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted: The Citizens Guide to surviving a police encounter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Excellent video!!!

A recommendation I make to everyone please watch!!! Flag this as it is something every citizen should know!!

How to exercise your constitutional rights during encounters with police.

Edit: I did a search and did not find this.

-Kdial1

[edit on 5-9-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Wow...the video is surprisingly well produced. Plus it does appear the producers were a bit twisted.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
what i wanna know is when is it legal to use self defence procedures against a cop and why is it that whenever a cop searches you they ball tap you is that in the police mannual or something

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Excellent video Star'd and flagged..

Everyone should watch this and get more educated.. to many ppl get busted because they panic

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kronzzz

Yup I was one of them, and I always get stuck into the "Gotcha" dialect they like to use. Again very informative!!

Originally posted by WisdomInChains
why is it that whenever a cop searches you they ball tap you is that in the police mannual or something

Probably is in a manual, and part of that is to show authority. They officer has to always be in control, when they do not feel in control they use other measures to let you think they are in control.

-kdial1

[edit on 5-9-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
yea i think alota cops get off on control probally cause they got beat up in highschool or something

is it legal for a male officer to search a female

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

I know when I was in the Navy on my ship (an ambhib '___') I was the Assistant Master at Arms (Navy Police) and the Chief Master at Arms and myself were the only enforcement on the ship other than VBSS and other teams. We could not search women... I do not know about local or federal law enforcement though.

I would also like to state I was an Electronics Technician in the Navy though, I took on the role as Master at arms as a second job onboard since we were short.

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What does "ball tap" mean?

Not a one line post.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this man!

It was very informative and well made! I think that more people need to be aware of how to protect themselves during police encounters. Hopefully I'll never have to put this knowledge to use, though!

S & F

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

No problem, I am trying to get the message out and let everone know their rights, especially after the RNC and what the police did there.

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's the male equivalent of 'we just need to run the back of my hand over your upper private area when there is too much wire in the underwire bra at the airport security check. reply to post by Sonya610

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Aww shooters, double post, stupid mouse. reply to post by Sonya610

[edit on 9/6/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

what i wanna know is when is it legal to use self defence procedures against a cop and why is it that whenever a cop searches you they ball tap you is that in the police mannual or something

In essence, those manuals are written to teach the Officer to uphold Statutory regulations that have nothing to do with a private citizen merely exercising their inherent Rights as specified & defined under Constitutional Law (Common Law): Yes...specified & defined by the Constitution/Bill of Rights, not granted by these documents.

The real root of the matter is that you must establish that you do not consent to be detained against your will, establish that the Officer has indeed taken his Oath of Office as a Peace Officer & establish the inherent limitations of Statutory jurisdiction & how they do not apply to you, as well as establish that he has no lawful reason to detain you without your first having violated certain Laws that still do apply to you.

It's quite possible that the Officer is not properly trained in this manner, so you must make sure he establishes that on his own...By your asking specific questions that establish the fact of whether or not he has any legal & lawful authority to detain you against your will or commit violations of any of your Rights while he is "detaining" you. In short, you must allow the Officer to agree to the establishment of the Rule of Law, which confirms that the USA is, in the truth of Law, a Republic form of government under a specified body of Common Law.

The "normal training" of Peace Officers nowadays is constructed to be in denial of Common Law in favor of upholding Administrative (Statutory) Law...Which is in violation of the Officer's Oath of Office under Common Law! Be considerate to the Officer, because he may not even be consciously aware that this is what he's doing! If he really puts any real value in his job, he may even be surprised that you've told him & let you go with no further hassle.

Always remember to speak politely & respectfully...Never act with belligerence or in a condescending tone of voice. Try to keep it on a "pleasant" field of discussion but keep to the point so that you waste as little time as possible.

If the Officer still proceeds to violate your Rights in any way, inform him as such but do not physically resist him...He's already armed & trained & is very likely to have backup who are also armed & trained...Keep this fact firmly in mind before you decide to resist physically. Doing so is likely to result in his "ramping up" his response to violate you even more. If your attitude is such that you offend him personally, you may not survive long enough to get it into an Article 3 (Common Law) Court to bring charges!

Self Defense can only be applied when your very life itself is in clear & present danger & even then, you'll have to be able to prove that in court as well. This is assuming you survive: Always remember that a dead man cannot testify in court, except perhaps through Forensics...Even that depends entirely on the attitude of the person who performs the autopsy.

This is it, in a nutshell, but more info can be found under actual Points of Law.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

Lol, I think perhaps you just had a run in with a homosexual cop.

Anywho, great video, it was well produced. I don't really understand why cops feel the need to do everything they possibly can to destroy our rights. It's like their objective. Sad really.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I was told once to see if men are hiding anything against your privates. Then again, my source has become questionable though.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Is any of this not valid in Canada? We obviously don't have the same constitution, but are most of our rights shown in this video the same?

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Is any of this not valid in Canada? We obviously don't have the same constitution, but are most of our rights shown in this video the same?

Actually, much of the info posted here is closely related to other info that can be found in more detail & contains more hyperlinks over in this thread. Much of the info linked from that thread was indeed written for Canadians, but adapts very easily for Americans because we share a closely parallel social & legal structure.

Happy hunting!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I would like to know what rights we have here in the UK against searches and self incrimination? Thanks again

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If I'm hiding anything in my undies they can have it.
And I hope they're not wearing gloves when they handle it.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Excellent post, thank you very much.

In addition, I'd like to offer this set of very informative videos

Eight reasons even the innocent shouldn't talk to the police:

Part 1

Mr. James Duane, a professor at Regent Law School and a former defense attorney, tells you why you should never agree to be interviewed by the police.

Part 2

An experienced police officer tells you why you should never agree to be interviewed by the police.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join