It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida warns of more attacks against the West

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We will be hearing alot from "The Database" soon enough it feels like.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Assumptions assumptions....
Did I ever say there were no terrorists? No. Did I ever say that?

Geez..

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well, well, well, I see that Al-qaida has been resurrected just in time for the elections.

It worked before perhaps it still may work again.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Of course Al-Qaeda is scheduled to attack again. It's election season... and how convenient it must be for the current administration that a threat looms over a new governments chance to take over.

Al-Qaeda is what the government says it is. Neither you, nor I, know anyone from Al-Qaeda. For all we know, the Al-Qaeda personnel the military says it has been capturing could simply be angry civilians. How can you or I verify it? We can't... and that's exactly how this government wants it to remain.

If there is an attack during the election. You know who to blame.
God help you they aren't wagging more than a finger at you for speaking out.

--EDIT TO ADD--

I have another thing to say.

To those who haven't seen it yet.

They stand before you, preaching that Al-Qaeda will attack, if you vote for Kerry... if you vote for Obama... if we stop the war... if we keep our freedoms...

It's the same system we've seen from religion countless times through history.
Religion tells you if you stop believing in it... you're going to hell.
This government tells you, if you stop believing in Al-Qaeda's threats... hell will come to you.

Well I'm not ****ing listening anymore!

You've had almost 8 years to defeat a small group of rag tag wannabe militiamen. If you haven't succeeded by now, then whatever you claim is Al-Qaeda simply isn't... and if Al-Qaeda indeed DOES exist, it exists only because YOU WANT IT TO!

Your half baked prophecies of doom and gloom if we don't vote the way you want, or succumb to your scrutiny aren't going to work any more!
I ABANDONED RELIGION FOR EXACTLY THIS REASON...
AND I'LL IGNORE YOUR LIES JUST THE SAME!

[edit on 5-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I keep getting error pages when I try to access the link provided. I tried it 45 minutes ago and thought maybe it was just too busy but I'm still having the same problems.

Would it be possible for you to include more of the article?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

LOL your perception of terrorists as a bunch of small potatoes against superpowers shows the reason why we lose. Think about other terrorist groups that has fought for decades. ETA, IRA, Al Qaeda, PLA, FARC, etc. If they believe in something, then its really hard to squash them. Underestimating them with your thinking as them of a small cavemen will lead to losing. The terrorists tactics is no different from guerrilla warfare. Al Qaeda attacked the U.S. with passenger planes, not with fighter bombers. American troops killed by civilian VBIEDs, not main battle tanks. They hit and hide, hard to dislodge and destroy. The terrorist attack in Spain just prior to elections for the Spanish govt. to withdraw troops. I can think of a better way to influence the American election that by reminding them the causes of 9/11 and that they are responsible for how they elect their leaders if they don't want to get attack.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I can't believe so many people here believe this is all fake and made by the CIA, that's not even logical. Al-Qaida is our enemy because of our foreign policy, they said it right in every single video...they want us to attack them...they know it will eventually lead to our economic defeat as we spread our federal budget and push our armies onto their lands...which will just make them stronger. These people aren't stupid, the people in Washington are stupid.

I agree with you but I also agree with others on here. As long as there is that perceived threat from groups like Al Queda or countries like Russia the military industrial complex and the bankers will continue to get paid. Think about this in the past 100 years how many years have we not had a "threat" of some sort. Not many and there is a reason for this. Even in the Clinton years we found reasons to go blow things up so the Military and Banking Industries can continue to get paid. Its just a fact. With the re emergence of Russia watch how Al Queda gets swept under the rug. When the "Russian Threat" is dealt with you will see Al Queda jump right back into the picture. Keep the threat alive is going to keep the dollars flowing into the right persons hands.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Sure. Maybe you are censored from Chinese web sites?

AL-QAIDA'S top commander in Afghanistan warned of more attacks against the West in a video posted on the Web that paid tribute to a suicide bomber said to have carried out the June bombing of the Danish embassy in Pakistan.

The blast killed six, including one Danish citizen, and caused widespread destruction in the Islamabad neighborhood.

Al-Qaida quickly claimed responsibility soon after the attack, saying it was carrying out Osama bin Laden's promise to exact revenge over the publishing of a cartoon of Islam's Prophet Muhammad in Danish papers.

It was the deadliest strike against Denmark since the reprinting of the cartoon earlier this year.

In the new, 55-minute video posted late Thursday, al-Qaida's commander in Afghanistan commander Mustafa Abu al-Yazeed warned "once more the Crusader states that insult, mock and defame our Prophet ... that we will exact revenge at the appropriate time and place."

Abu al-Yazeed, who is Egyptian and who is also known as Abu Saeed al-Masri, said the embassy attack in Islamabad was "but the beginning" and called on Muslim youth in the West to "retaliate" against the "enemies of Islam and Muslims in whose midst they live."

The video's authenticity could not be independently verified. It was posted on an Islamic militant Web forum commonly used by al-Qaida to issue videos and bore the logo of the terror group's Al-Sahab media arm.

The unusually elaborate and lengthy video was made as a documentary and included segments from statements by Danish, Dutch and US officials.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Who is to say that the suicide bombers were of the terrorist faction? Maybe they were just patriotic civilians saying " HEY get the # out of here " . I mean honestly, look at how many civilians are dieing. If some forign nation came into my country for immoral occupation and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the process, I'd be pissed! And I'd give my life in an effort to stop them.

What America is doing is wrong, it's illegal, and it's EVIL! Now ask yourself... who the " terrorists " really are?

And again, I'd like to emphasize that I am not against the american people, I am against the imperialistic influence and brainwashing of the american people which is causeing them to support and carry out these evil intentions.

Most of them don't even realize that they don't even benefit in any way from the enforcement that they carry out in these foreign nations and at home ( riot police and such)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
They always seem to tell the west that trouble is on the way which is tactically stupid. That is like a fighter that cocks their arm and yells out to their adversary I am getting ready to hit you. That makes no sense and if people had any critical thinking capacity they could see right through the fact that this is created terror that is right on cue :

Tactically stupid if the war was conventional army against conventional army. They have no command structure in the conventional sense. They are split in to cells which operate relatively autonomously.

Than k UFOTEC
Announcements like this give the impression of unity, which is of strategic benefit (by AQ media arm called Al Sahab) after hearts and minds.

It's cynical manipulation, IMV, maybe even atheistic.

If God is all-powerful and all-knowing, why does he need them to punish anyone on his behalf?

In their heart, they think that God doesn't exist - or worse - needs their help because He (God) is feeble in allowing the Crusader armies to occupy Saudi Arabia in the first Gulf War.

That's what this is all about you know - officially - from the AQ point of view. LOL, we've been fighting them for at least sixteen years and the vast majority of people () in the West still wouldn't have the slightest clue about what officially motivates them.

US Forces in Saudi Arabia in 90-92. Bin Laden regarded it as a most heinous and blasphemous offense.

From his 1996 Declaration of War:

This last aggression was the worst catastrophe that was inflicted upon the Moslems since the death of the Prophet. That is, the occupation of the land of the two holiest sites, Islam’s own grounds, the cradle of Islam, source of the Prophet’s mission, site of the Ka’bah was launched by the Christian army of the Americans and their allies.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by undermind]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

AL-QAIDA'S top commander in Afghanistan warned of more attacks against the West ...

In the new, 55-minute video posted late Thursday, al-Qaida's commander in Afghanistan commander Mustafa Abu al-Yazeed warned " ... that we will exact revenge at the appropriate time and place."

first, the spokesperson wa the leader of insurgents in Afghanistan..
not the usual AQ leader of insurgents in Iraq--
that's a significant change imho.

the latest message wasn't about the American/coalition attack on the Taliban forces somewhere in either Afghanistan or Pakistan...during
the current cease-fire for Ramadan observance.
The message, threat-warning was a rehash of the long since past, June bombing of Danish offices. IOW, the whole video exercise seems irrational to at least myself. Why not blast the 'great satan'/coalition for breaking the cease-fire ?
And in turn raising the level of sabotage and suicide bombings against the forces that broke the temporary truce...instead of the Danish cartoon publishers....

somethings really mickey-mouse about the whole bombing/threat video production... coming out of the Afghan stronghold instead of Iraq

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Al Qaeda exists, but maybe not as we are told. It's like a story too get your kids to brush their teeth.

"Brush your teeth or goblins will kill your mother." - Stan from American Dad, and the rather awful film, The Village by M. Night Shayalaman. Control.

I believe in the whole 9-11 was a Reichstag fire bit, it makes more sense than terrorists, and I don't think Al Qaeda are some big multinational "Spectre" organisation with the potential to destroy us all on a whim.

They warn us of impending doom when it suits them, we get them all the time; warnings, changes in the terrorist threat level, and if there's nothing new, reminders of previous attacks.

It's a good cover, a large organisation with structure and resources, and it creates independent groups within countries who carry out attacks in Al Qaeda's name with no actual Al Qaeda connection.

We do get attacks though, be it from Al Qaeda or others and it is still murder of innocents, no matter who's behind it. Something is going on in the world today, and I don't like it one bit.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Sendran]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kreese

You have to be kidding! which planet other than earth were you born on. It amazes me that here at ATS we have so many people who are brainwashed with ideas of conspiracy with no and I mean no real facts... Only hearsay.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Like most of the people I know and I agree with, only the U.S. Government and Corporate America can do what Al Qaida wishes, strip you of your wealth, citizenship, and freedoms; then make you a slave to the way of life that THEY see fit for you - assuming they let you live.

People are so freaking gullible it's like we're living in a dream world (nightmare maybe?!) - I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Originally posted by yellowcard
I can't believe so many people here believe this is all fake and made by the CIA, that's not even logical. Al-Qaida is our enemy because of our foreign policy, they said it right in every single video...they want us to attack them...they know it will eventually lead to our economic defeat as we spread our federal budget and push our armies onto their lands...which will just make them stronger. These people aren't stupid, the people in Washington are stupid.

I agree with you but I also agree with others on here. As long as there is that perceived threat from groups like Al Queda or countries like Russia the military industrial complex and the bankers will continue to get paid. Think about this in the past 100 years how many years have we not had a "threat" of some sort. Not many and there is a reason for this. Even in the Clinton years we found reasons to go blow things up so the Military and Banking Industries can continue to get paid. Its just a fact. With the re emergence of Russia watch how Al Queda gets swept under the rug. When the "Russian Threat" is dealt with you will see Al Queda jump right back into the picture. Keep the threat alive is going to keep the dollars flowing into the right persons hands.

I agree with that, I think that's why Osama hasn't been caught yet, it's better for those in power for him to be out there, so they can pull a trigger at any time. Though I think Al-Qaida is a threat, and a bigger one now that we have stirred up a hornets nest...I don't think we can defeat Al-Qaida with bombs, we have to beat them with example and show the world that we aren't going to be stooped to their level of needless killing. It's hard to recruit new terrorists if they have no cause against us...we have given them a cause and no one in Government but people like Ron Paul understand that. They don't need PR, our bombs are their PR.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

It's the same system we've seen from religion countless times through history.
Religion tells you if you stop believing in it... you're going to hell.
This government tells you, if you stop believing in Al-Qaeda's threats... hell will come to you.

The Recipe for the Boogeyman!
You got it!
Great post, most excellent post.
I was getting my pen all in a twist thinking of how to put it - after reading your post I wont even start!
Thank you!

...the nails been hit on the head...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Any one willing to strap on a bomb walk into a local shopping mall or blow up a building to try to kill as many people as they can is a terrorist. I dont believe Al Quida is as organized to be a true entity so to speak. They send out videos to gain converts to there cause the threats are not for us. They show other people that believe the way i do look what we can do come on try it blow yourself up for allah. And when some idiot actually does it they take credit for it that is why the IRA in Ireland was able to keep fighting for over 80 years.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If you want to think that it's the powers that be that are bringing AQ to everyone's attention pre-election to sway voters, obviously there is nothing I can say that will dissuade you from believing that.

But it would be within the pattern for AQ to be planning an attack on US soil that will occur soon after the new President takes office.

AQ attacked us here at home after Clinton was elected the first time (and continued to attack us abroad the entire time he was in office) and then attacked the US again shortly after Bush took office.

AQ, whoever you want to believe that is, will attempt to strike within months of our new President taking office as a way to 'test' how the President will react.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Al Qaida was funded, trained and supplied by the CIA.. Bin Laden still is a CIA asset.. and if there is a 'terrorist' attack it will be performed by the same controlfreaks that are also responsible for 9/11.
(or do you really believe a bunch of religious zealots in a third world country can make NORAD stand down for hours on end? You must believe Sesame Street's Big Bird is real, too then..)

Several attacks attributed to the IRA where actually staged by MI5 and other secret services. I'm certain this goes for most other 'terrorist organisations'. the biggest terrorist organisation is called the goverment

Or do you think our goverments are kind old men bent on protecting us ?

You never heard of Operation Gladio then.. or Operation Ajax, or a dozen more operations bent on controlling a situation through fearmongering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join