It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY Garlic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder-- it's time to plant your garlic. You need it in the ground before the first frost. For me, that time is ticking away.
For others it might be around mid-October, like the link below suggests.

I'm excited because this year we finally have a house, which means I finally have a garden. Last year I tried growing garlic out of pots and it didn't work too well. I got flowers, but no bulbs.

For me, garlic is one of the staple foods of the home, so this is ideal for me. Anyway, have fun!

How to Grow Garlic

Garlic Recipes

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

What do you consider a good daily dose of garlic, you know, for health reasons?

I'm taking 4 cloves/day.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, to be honest, I'm not a medical professional so I can't say what is the proper amount of garlic per day for a person's health. But I do tend to put at least 4 to 5 cloves in the meal I'm cooking. Sometimes more, sometimes less, of course.

We like it strong but have to tone it down when my parents come to visit.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I planted my Garlic a little late I missed the shortest day by a few weeks . I made the mistake of planting whole bulbs rather then the gloves by themselves but I didn't know better and I followed the directions on the packet . I had given up on the Garlic that I planted because I thought that the rain we had caused the bulbs to rot . It turns out that I was pleasantly surprised after a couple of sunny days my Garlic had germinated.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Part of the fun comes with learning from experience.
I hate to admit it, but I learned that garlic could be grown from seperate cloves when one clove worked its way to the back of the pantry. I didn't notice it until it had grown rather tall *blush* lol

new topics

top topics

join