It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Amazon Tribe Debunked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hey guys n gals
Dunno if anyone has posted this yet, this is the first I've heard of it and this was released in June of this year.

"They are the amazing pictures that were beamed around the globe: a handful of warriors from an 'undiscovered tribe' in the rainforest on the Brazilian-Peruvian border brandishing bows and arrows at the aircraft that photographed them.

Or so the story was told and sold. But it has now emerged that, far from being unknown, the tribe's existence has been noted since 1910 and the mission to photograph them was undertaken in order to prove that 'uncontacted' tribes still existed in an area endangered by the menace of the logging industry."

www.guardian.co.uk...

This kind of disappointed me because I too was fascinated by the pictures.. not to say that there aren't uncontacted tribes out there, but i still felt let down after reading this article.

"Meirelles admitted that the tribe was first known about almost a century ago and that the apparently chance encounter that produced the now famous images was no accident. 'When we think we might have found an isolated tribe,' he told al-Jazeera, 'a sertanista like me walks in the forest for two or three years to gather evidence and we mark it in our [global positioning system]. We then map the territory the Indians occupy and we draw that protected territory without making contact with them. And finally we set up a small outpost where we can monitor their protection.'

At least they do not contact the tribe when they find them and monitor them from afar to ensure their protection -- but does anyone see any paralells to this and our mythos of Aliens watching over us? not to bring this thread in a different direction but it still made me think it.

Anyways, there ya have it folks.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
do a search before you type in some old news.. close this thread!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
my apologies then. these things happen.

new topics

top topics

join