It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More liberal media lies...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
First Jason Blair, and now USA Today, which has been known to slant headlines in the direction of it's political agenda.

apnews.myway.com...

ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) - USA Today said Friday that an examination of the work of journalist Jack Kelley found strong evidence that the newspaper's former star foreign correspondent had fabricated substantial portions of at least eight major stories.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
"Kelley, 43, quit the newspaper in January after admitting he conspired with a translator to mislead editors looking into the veracity of his reporting."

I dunno. He ain't helpin' his case much is he?...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Media people going after media people, what do you believe now? If there were laywers involved then you might get some truth.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To be honest (as I usually am, anyway!), I'm not sure I'd attribute that to one bias or another, but the dishonest zeal that drives some reporters to outdo the rest to get the spotlight. I guess what I'm saying is that it would be just as easy for a conservative reporter at a conservative paper to do the same thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In my opinion, this just shows how little weight should be put on most reporting.
Have you ever known the facts of a story, because you were there? And, then compared the coverage with what you KNOW to be true?
You'd think it was two different situations being reported: the one you saw and the one they reported.

I think the news is always slanted away from the truth, nothing necessarily to do with politics.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
liberal media is a complete misnomer

the media is controlled and its not liberal
thats called conditioning and they are very good at it. .duping people and seperating people with words like liberal or right wing or conservative or left wing

dont be duped its all a game
the media is controlled propaganda....nothing more

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
No, and in no way emblematic of any sort of bias issue except the true root cause to the problem:
Capitalistic Media. Once news reporting started being able to afford multi-million dollar anchors, it's respect for unvarnished truth died.
People say ball players make too much money....I say news agencies do.

Ra

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
With our now corporate media propaganda machines, er... uh... news sources now spewing bushonian cabal propaganda... er...uh... stylized psuedo-reports with actors as newscasters, do we even need to ask which side is spewing the deepest trough of goo?

FOXNews - corporate elitist news owned, operated & in the GOP pockets

Clear Channel - to busy kissing shrubs arse to bother with real news like how they intend to rid the airwaves of any oppositional view or alternative news sources

CNN - to afraid to say anything derogatory or TRUE about the bushonian cabal and the hatemongers who keep this mental midget in power

ABC/CBS/NBC - far too engrossed in the Jackson families disfunctional behavior to bother with anything resembling real news

That leaves us with international news sources and the last bastion of democratic freedom; the internet. So that means we can expect an offer by a FOXNews/Clear Channel consortium to buy the internet and turn it into the all bush all the time news source!!!

So what were you saying about media bias?

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
No, and in no way emblematic of any sort of bias issue except the true root cause to the problem:
Capitalistic Media. Once news reporting started being able to afford multi-million dollar anchors, it's respect for unvarnished truth died.
People say ball players make too much money....I say news agencies do.

Holy smokes BT....we agree on something.

News today is made for the viewer. If you like a liberal viewpoint there is cnn and other networks. If you want a more right leaning news broadcast go to Fox.
The new has become more of an entertainment business and not so concerned with telling the absolute truth.

And ball players do make too much money.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Oh, really? So, when are you saying that the media became biased? I don't thing the media had high paid anchors in the 60's/70's, but the facts didn't match up with the reporting then, either. And, yes, my friend, it has been biased, if it is liberal, it has a good light, if it furthers the liberal agenda it is reported, if it doesn't furhter it, well, you'ld better go to an alternative source to find out about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
if you beleive the news is liberal based youd better think again.
its controlled and has been for a long time.
theyve duped you into beleiving its this or that
because your conditioned to beleiving one point of view.
almost all radio talk you hear today is right wing
do you hear any left wing talk radio...no
why ....figure it out for your self
mr crowne .....where do see this supposed left or liberal news media id like to know?
who told you it was liberal?
you just decided that for your self?
or did some one tell you?
my suggestion is to not beleive any news cast and formulate your own opinions ....think for your self instead of listening to opinions of others who tell you the media is like this or that
it is controlled and it is controlling your thoughts and ideas....hence making you a mental prisoner
The pentagon is controlling the media
that is the secret truth

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I've seen both the right and the left claiming that the media is being controlled by the other side, and you know what, your both right. Whatever conglomerate controls the individual media source that is the slant you will get.

Watcher got it right: "my suggestion is to not beleive any news cast and formulate your own opinions ....think for your self instead of listening to opinions of others who tell you the media is like this or that
it is controlled and it is controlling your thoughts and ideas....hence making you a mental prisoner."

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Watcher, your post was a convoluted as any I've seen in a long time, dude.
Nobody has "duped" me, pal, I know what liberal bias is, and I've never bought into much of the liberal crap. Sure, when I was a stupid teen heavily influenced by cute little left-wing hippie teachers in the '70's, I almost fell for the garbage, but as I grew up, I became wiser and smarter. The news has always been controlled by the left. Only someone so blinded by the liberal agenda would fail to recognize it.
No #, talk radio is dominated by conservative (notice, I did not say "right-wing") talk show hosts. They are different than the alphabet networks that controlled the news broadcasts for decades. When it was only ABC, CBS, NBC, and then the liberal CNN cable, it was ALL WE HAD! Not until Fox came along did we have a choice. In order to attempt to regain lost market shares, they have tried to reel in their contempt for the Christian conservative, Bible-reading, constitution believing, rugged individual, but it is still pukish. Might you have caught the NBC coverage of the bomb that clobbered the hotel in Baghdad? Did you see how quickly they followed that crap put out by the little Iraqi kid who claimed to have seen a U.S. missile strike the hotel? It was pukish. They still can't help themselves.

Unlike a monopoly suchas the mainstream media's liberal stranglehold on the alphabet news, talk radio actually has to compete! Liberal talk shows never last, because we have the ability to flip to another show or to music! Get the picture, pal? I hope this helps your convoluted and clouded thinking. If, not, I don't know how to explain it any better.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
And I'm sorry if I come across harshly, its just aggravating when people answer in knee-jerk liberal mindless talking points rather than try and think rationally, understanding things like free markets and monopolies, which side needs which and which absolutely thrives in which!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
LIBERAL BIAS IN MEDIA....LOL

These remarks come from someone that has worked in different aspects of tv news media....for over 10 yrs.
If anything there is a more conservative slant going on that i find personally scary....it has little to do with politics for 95% of those that work in the media. Everything has to do with $$$$ and ratings. The networks would show poop on a cracker if they thought youd tune in....most programming is designed along an 8th grade mentality...because THE VIEWERS ONLY WATCH CRAP SHOWS....GOOD IN DEPTH SHOWS DONT GET RATINGS
I am deathly affraid of further media consolidations, as i know this will eliminate jobs!!! as well as further stifle open and diverse communications.
The FCC's crackdown on obcenity (and thus Fearchannels knee jerk capitulations) are a total farce....Howard stern is being scapegoated (even rush says so) in order to further SILENCE freedoms of speech.
i wish there was MORE liberalism in the media...but at least from what ive seen working in several newsrooms, stations are soo afraid of being SUED...they will almost always go soft on a story that should be hit harder.
TV news cost the most money to air and generates the lowest profits of all programming...guess what that means? limited resources to be able to cover large or diverse stories...and the money is only getting tighter....
what do you think will happen IF say Fearchannel could own 2 of the 3 local stations plus 2 of the 3 local newspapers? ONE voice will be heard on 2/3rds of the outlets, and 2/3 of the people it used to take to run 3 stations/3 papers will loose their jobs as it will only take one newsroom to produce the same data for all...
PLEASE MORE DIVERSITY IN BROADCASTING...NOT LESS

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
And I'm sorry if I come across harshly, its just aggravating when people answer in knee-jerk liberal mindless talking points rather than try and think rationally, understanding things like free markets and monopolies, which side needs which and which absolutely thrives in which!

'kay, thomas. that's a good topic. which 'side' needs which?
hitler was a big pusher of free markets. does that mean free markets are 'bad'?
the little 'monopoly' banker guy is j.p.morgan. are monopolies 'good'?
it is easy to lose balance in a dialogue like this. as soon as you choose a bias, you become unbalanced.
free markets aren't really free. they are tightly controlled rules of trade which are dictated by whomever carries the biggest stick.
monopolies aren't really monopolies, because money is just a REPRESENTATION. if the common will of the people outweighs the will of the big kahuna, the kahuna must bend to the people's will.
and so it is that the top of the pyramid tries to control the base, and the base supports the top. it is a symbiotic system and is not a case of 'us against them'.
when it is seen as a battle, the observer has lost his/her balance. it is a dynamic system in constant flux.
one difference between the top and the bottom is the top 'thinks' much faster.
the top can take either 'side' at any given moment.
we all know about politicians who 'flip-flop'. well, when the true rulers of the world(who don't actually even have to exist to cause this effect, because, truly it is the average of the will of the top and the will of the bottom that determines the shape of society) decide something, it is not based on left/right biases, but rather left/right balances. the top must be able to quickly shift from left to right, in order to accomodate the winds of change, and the bottom must be able to acoomodate the needs of the top, lest the whole structure fracture.
the nature of the bottom(us) is left/liberal.
the nature of the top(them) is right/conservative.
so typically cocky of the top to think they're always 'right'.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by billybob]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Unlike a monopoly suchas the mainstream media's liberal stranglehold on the alphabet news, talk radio actually has to compete! Liberal talk shows never last, because we have the ability to flip to another show or to music! Get the picture, pal? I hope this helps your convoluted and clouded thinking. If, not, I don't know how to explain it any better.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And to think some of the people on this thread actually believe that TV is slanted toward the conservatives...Give me a #ing break! One only has to watch abc, nbc, cbs to realize that they are all liberal. Fox is the only major conservative station and that is fact.

Back to the topic though - am i suprised another chicken # liberal is making crap up? Of course not! They would tell you the earth is flat if you'd let them.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Couldn't have said it better myself. And to think some of the people on this thread actually believe that TV is slanted toward the conservatives...Give me a #ing break! One only has to watch abc, nbc, cbs to realize that they are all liberal. Fox is the only major conservative station and that is fact.

Back to the topic though - am i suprised another chicken # liberal is making crap up? Of course not! They would tell you the earth is flat if you'd let them.

you're so conservative. you shouldn't say "#". that's a bad word. there should be laws against bad words.
the world's NOT flat? i'm scared. chicken # scared.

new topics

top topics

join