It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sarah palin an open racist?...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I don't think most people are racists even if they sometimes make comments, big deal who used what name... we have made great strides in Race relations.

I agree 100%. I have known couples in interracial marriages who occassionally make comments similiar to the one that Sarah Palin is accused of saying.

For the sake of arguement, let's assume that Sarah Palin did say that. I don't see it as being any more offensive than Obama's 'typical white' remark ... or his mention of 'white man's greed'.

Oh, and I have a cat named Sambo ... does that make me racest?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I disagre, I have never understood the huge set of "language issues" we have devloped in this country... this is offensive that is offensive

I don't care if Obama used the term "whitey" I only begin to care when the otherside would..attack me if I was the one that said Sambo

I mean, come on, If I get into a fight with a black guy and we are punching each other, if the word N***** is used in the process I now commited a race crime...

What do you call someone you don't like lol? It doesn't mean that you really hate their race

in fairness, Obama doesn't hate white people, he has reservation in cases and maybe has some stereo types...and well, from his persective the reality is they are TRUE alot of the time...

But he is not into Hatred of the White Man and Palin is not into Hatred of the Black man... because they used the words to describe someone they didn't like

I know Obama has siad whitey and worse plenty and I know Palin... lol probably did make the Sambo remark

so what?

You know, we need to make non racially specific derogotary remarks when we hate people lol

Her goal is to defeat this man and crush his career and bar his voice in office... and vice versa, so please I hope he doesn't call her a Bible Thumper or whatever behind her back... that needs to make the news

Gosh, what a huge interuption in actual thought PC has been to date.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

The whole "Thats Raceist!" thing really is a zero in debate I keep maintaining the anger is mainly about culture today not race and everyone blasts me for it...but I KNOW i'm right because I never act like jerk or diminish a person when I meet them based on skin color

But I sure as hell don't spend much time in compton either

People who are really comfortable in thier own skin tend to make these comments too, particularly when another culture is pushed on them...

I am not a fan of alot of things in "inner city" culture lol, do not wish to live talk and act like that

But realy also know there are great minds from all people and most people are idiots, who we choose to support or if we rather conform to the group of morons that we most resemble doesn't make us an idiot either

it's kind of natural and takeing it seriously is the WRONG Direction

I used to go to Mets games and would scream words like, BUM, SOB's and alot worse.. so did everyone against the other team... and the FUN of it gets ruined by the one idiot who takes it seriously and starts a fight

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Freakaloin

This is all hearsay. If there is not a reliable source, it didn't happen as far as I am concerned. This is a waitress that said this? I was a waitress when I was younger, and after a 12 hour shift you'll be surprised how easy it is to mess up an order. Let alone remember an entire political conversation. Now, lets get back to the real issues like the economy.. Shall we?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. We yet again see the Race Card being pulled out and played by an Obama supporter. This is despicable, and complete trash. Go sell your story to the National Enquirer, which seems to be feeding much of MSNBC these days.

Also, no Native in Alaska is even referred to as an "Aboriginal". They're called Natives.

Finally, and last but most certainly not least, Palin's Husband is Yup'ik. His Mother, meaning Sarah Palin's Mother-in-Law, served as Secretary of the Alaska Federation of Natives.

This entire rumor reminds me of what happened to an acquaintance of mine one time. He is white, and he had a falling out with a black friend. The black friend had stolen money, and some other items from my acquaintance, so they naturally ceased their friendship. One day this former friend decided to spread a rumor that my acquaintance was a "racist". Anyone who knew the guy knew he was about as far opposite of a racist as one could be. As a matter of fact, the white acquaintance had more black friends than the guy spreading the rumors! He also had friends from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Ethiopia, Korea, the Philippines, the list goes on, and on, and on. Do you even know how pathetic the rumor was? The first guy this clown spoke the rumor to, was my acquaintances best friend, and he is a Black African. Needless to say, the guy who started the rumor-mill had his stories backfire on him, he lost his friendships, and even lost his gf. He was consumed by lies and hate, simply in his attempt to seek vengeance.

So you see how when people have no proof nor any dirt which they may grasp to tarnish an individual's reputation, they make-up complete LIES.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
"So Sambo beat the (*female dog*)"

Does Sambo mean something derogatory, or was it the "female dog"
bit ?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
post removed by spiderj

[edit on 9/7/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
"So Sambo beat the (*female dog*)"

Does Sambo mean something derogatory, or was it the "female dog"
bit ?

Wikipedia

Sambo is a racial term for a person with mixed indigenous and African heritage in the Caribbean, also for a Black, or South Asian person in the United States and the United Kingdom. It is considered a racial slur in the US and UK but not in the Caribbean.

en.wikipedia.org...(ethnic_slur)

[edit on 7-9-2008 by kj6754]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The left will do ANYTHING and Say ANYTHING to attack this attractive candidate. They have absolutely nothing to go after her with so the innuendo will continue. Interesting that in the same article they write about this unsubstantiated rumor and then cite Karl Rove and try to assume some sort of higher moral authority int the very same post. Amazing lack of shame by a typical liberal.

Peter ( A conservative in San Francisco surrounded by liberals who try to pull that act all the time)

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
omg obama never stop's wit this race card crap does he..

obama or his follower's= same in my book

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I am completely bewildered by all of the defense of Palin when the fact is no one really knows that much about her. For a site that promotes independent thought, doing you own research, and to deny ignorance, this apparant knee-jerk defense of Palin is in itself hypocritical.
The reason these stories are just now coming to light is that there has been no time before the nomination to do the research, in fact, there is doubt that she was even vetted because of the swiftness of the pick! This article might not be true, but at this point it is worth keeping in your back pocket for future reference.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Someone said they know mix couples that say stuff that is just as bad. And I call my husband a lazy a$$ all the time. That doesn't mean I am going to go up to my coworker, or the guy next to me in line at the market and say the same thing! I can say horrible things to my family and my spouse... but if I said them to someone I was not close to then it would be inappropriate. Just like this is.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freakaloin

Seriously unbelievable source... I posit that its a smear campaign because Palin would remember where she ate at the moment that Obama's nomination was confirmed. Additionally, if she were a racist, she would remember the waitress there who is half-aboriginese (there arent many at all in Alaska).

Just another liberal media smear... classic tactic to call someone a racist. They tried it with Ron Paul when he got popular too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join