It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sarah palin an open racist?...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
according to this article...yes...

www.laprogressive.com...

“So Sambo beat the "pretty offensive thing to call a woman”(T&C edit by spiderj) This is how Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin described Barack Obama’s win over Hillary Clinton to political colleagues in a restaurant a few days after Obama locked up the Democratic Party presidential nomination. According to Lucille, the waitress serving her table at the time and who asked that her last name not be used, Gov. Palin was eating lunch with five or six people when the subject of the Democrat’s primary battle came up. The governor, seemingly not caring that people at nearby tables would likely hear her, uttered the slur and then laughed loudly as her meal mates joined in appreciatively. “It was kind of disgusting,” Lucille, who is part Aboriginal, said in a phone interview after admitting that she is frightened of being discovered telling folks in the “lower 48” about life near the North Pole. Then, almost with a sigh, she added, “But that’s just Alaska.” Racial and ethnic slurs may be “just Alaska” and, clearly, they are common, everyday chatter for Palin. Besides insulting Obama with a Step-N’-Fetch-It, “darkie musical” swipe, people who know her say she refers regularly to Alaska’s Aboriginal people as “Arctic Arabs” – how efficient, lumping two apparently undesirable groups into one ugly description – as well as the more colourful “mukluks” along with the totally unimaginative (T&C circumvention deleted by spiderj),” according to a number of Alaskans and Wasillians interviewed for this article. But being openly racist is only the tip of the Palin iceberg. According to Alaskans interviewed for this article, she is also vindictive and mean. We’re talking Rove mean and Nixon vindictive.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Freakaloin]

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Amazing, what a highly legitimate source, an unnamed waitress serving her table. Yawn. For 50 bucks I'll tell you John McCain was "badgeman" in Dallas.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freakaloin
according to this article...yes...

Thanks!

I was just talking to my friend today and we were surprised that Obama and his followers haven't tried playing the race card yet on Sarah Palin. I appreciate you providing a link to the first source we know of to test the waters with this crap.

It worked with Hillary because they were going after the blacks who formerly loved Bill Clinton. It's not going to work with Palin and McCain, and might even cause enough of a backlash to guarantee enough white middle-class voters turn out just to vote against Obama.

Great job!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"The GOP is like organized crime up here" - quoted right from that story. So I guess it was a mafia mentality that drove people to give Palin an 80% approval rating, then. People feared her, right?

Unnamed waittress - what a crock of

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So what is the big deal...?.....She should fit right in ...you know,,...with all those "crackers" in Washington..

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Okay folks, look I know this is a passionate campaign on both sides but I swear to everything that both republicans and democrats hold dear that if members can not discuss this topic without violating and/or circumventing the T&C of the site I'm gonna have to start handing out badges and other warnings...please don't make me do that i hate doing that.

But for such a short thread I've already edited two posts.

Behave please.

Thanks,

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The "sex card" and "race card" both have always been and will continue to be major issues. Unfortunately, some people will cast their vote on these ideas alone, and never consider the integrity of the candidate. It is a fact of life. It happens on both side of the fence, and something you cannot control.

BTW, I'd like to point out that source quote in the OP is not a very credible and when it comes to these sorts of issues, it is obvious mudslinging with no substance. Vote based on your intellect people.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Palin, the first female Republican vice presidential candidate, is married to Todd Palin, who is of Yup'ik Eskimo descent. He works for an oil field and is a fisherman and champion snowmobiler. Their five children are also of Alaska Native heritage.

www.indiancountry.com...

I doubt Sarah Palin has a racist bone in her body.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Palin, the first female Republican vice presidential candidate, is married to Todd Palin, who is of Yup'ik Eskimo descent. He works for an oil field and is a fisherman and champion snowmobiler. Their five children are also of Alaska Native heritage.

www.indiancountry.com...

I doubt Sarah Palin has a racist bone in her body.

Nice find! A fact that counters the allegation quite well.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I am getting sick an tired of these rumors, about any candidate. Come on man this is really bringing down the quality of ATS.... If you want to argue something, make sure is factual.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What a load! The ol' waitress overhearing the story story. It is something like this that deserves it's own forum - how many liberal/conservative bloggers influence public discourse on the issues AND how, on BOTH sides, this is a very effective and relatively new weapon in discrediting the other side...a lot of propaganda and inuendo floating about...

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Actually there is a forums for unsubstantiated claims - isn't it the Skunkworks forums? Or is that just for the UFO crowd?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This guy should be worried about getting hit with a slander suit. It's one thing to quote something that is factual, it's a totally different matter to make crap like this up. He best be hoping it doesn't find it's way to the GOP.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

This may stink too bad even for Skunkworks. Ba-dum-dum.

Geeze the moment I wrote it I realized its probably been used ad nauseum...

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well quite frankly I dont see any good debate coming from this thread from the left or right so I'm closing for now.

Any objections just u2u me and state your case.

Spider

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Okay I'm reopening this thread for now as some members seem interested in discussing this.

But seriously people, if this turns into a flame thread I and other mods will enforce civility and decorum to the utmost.

That means red badges, manners, off topics and oneliners will be dispensed without warning and if truly warranted post bans and Global ignores will also be handed out to the worthy.

And of course the thread will then be re-closed.

Behave please.

Thanks,

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
okay well if I am going to remove a candidate based on Racism ...

Well Palin, Maries an Eskimo and is accused by a waitress of making comments

and

Obama Marries a black woman and directly states "I don't trust white people"

Guess Obama should get off the ticket

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
And again I'll state" I don't think most people are racists even if they sometimes make comments, big deal who used what name... we have made great strides in Race relations.

It's all going to be torn down if we don't move away from social laws being handled on a Federal level, people in different places and of different religions wish to lead different lives, drugs, abortion, school policy

These are local community and state issues, we are allowing them to divide us with this hell bent effort and uniting us into some rainbow race and culture, we are all stupid to fight with each other when the real fight is with the Federal Government and getting power back to your individual communities.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

edit by spider j because your pushing your luck, no more warnings stay very on topic.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Why T&C what are words commonly used by both parties. We have heard worse I guarantee, and if she said it like that, then that is how it should be repeated. Words say a lot about the true character of the person. Especially troubling if she said it in public, it shows a lack of good judgement and a I don't give a damn power complex which many politicians have been accused of having from similarly spoken words in public.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Check this out about "Dick and Sharon Price"

macsmind.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join