It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, why are ATS readers so gullible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, apologies if it isn't.

My question is why are xx percent of the people who read ATS so gullible? I see so many threads about alien bases, cow abductions, NLP programming, and of course the endless Reptilian threads. Does anyone have any opinions?

(Edit removed the non-factual percentage.)

[edit on 5-9-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Facts please. Can you provide stats and links showing that 90% of the people are gullible please?

Oh wait, you can't because some of the points you are trying to belittle are very valid points to argue. Like the NLP. You obviously are not a fan of psychology. Because if you were you would realize that by stating it isn't real you are already wrong. It's a very valid and real pseudo science that has been proven.

The problem is, when someone is trying to prove it with a group of skeptics the skeptics already have their minds braced against it. When it is done on an unknowing audience the results are extremely fascinating.

You should take the time to sit down and watch Derren Brown's "Something Wicked This Way Comes". You may be surprised.

We have barely scratched the surface on understanding the brain my friend and for you to call people gullible for believing in something like that shows your gullibility for skepticism. By taking the stance that NOTHING out of the norm is possible.

There is another term for that and it's called ignorance. You are forcing yourself into an ignorant situation by simply disregarding everything and calling and unfounded 90% of the people gullible.

Good luck with being flamed even harder than I have here. I think I was pretty nice actually after being called gullible.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
And I take it you're in the 10% that doesn't?
Bummer!
So, you, the minority are asking the majority (IYO) why?
Well no harm in asking I guess.

[/sarcasm]

Truth is stranger than fiction.
To me this does not = gullible.

...i seeeeee youuuu...

[edit on 5-9-2008 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's when you stop asking questions on the world around you that you should be worried.

One is the voice of sanity the other is well a little bit in left field.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by menguard]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
90% was an estimate, and as far as getting flamed, I don't mind at all. I'd rather be flamed for posting a valid question than a thread about NLP.

As for the NLP, I provided my input about managing the facilites they were accusing of using NLP and they wrote it off, so I gave up on that anyway.

Please continue, I like the responses.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I ask questions, but I'm not gullible enough to believe every youtube video posted, while it seems a large percentage of the population of ATS does believe everything they see on youtube.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I agree in the sense that it appears that there are people who with try to take almost anything to an extreme or believe that mundane explanations are people passing disinformation or should be discarded.

I believe there are truly unknown phenomena happening but it is the minority not majority of what people report.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i read everything but i beleive nothing!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I dont really know if I am agreeing with you, but I would just like to say that about two years ago I used to read ATS on a nightly basis. The posters on there would do research and have pictures with any claim or theory they had, everything post would go beyond the character limit for the window. Entire essays were constructed, links provided, videos, articles. Then people who would reply would make sure they had facts and sources to back up any rebuttle they had.

I never posted on ATS because I always felt inferior to everyone else being so educated about the subject they were covering

Now, it seems most posters are writing one liners about anything that pops into their head.

I very rarely even look at ATS anymore.
I like BTS more because it seems I can help people on a more personal level and give my advice which hopefully will help.

I dont mean to belittle any posters on ATS, I am simply stating what I have noticed.

It has gone from what seems to be nothing but educated posts, to mostly stoner induced thoughts "dude, I was thinking...what if ATS is the greatist secrets our goverment is hiding"

I would really like to see ATS go back to how it was a couple years ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

Dude, you just a disinfo agent man, trying to make us hate ATS.

Everyone knows the cia are sending disinfo agent bots to destroy this website, dude.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Seriously anytime you challenge anything you're labeled as a disinfo agent.

new topics

top topics

join