It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with a mysterious mark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i have recently found out from my uncle that when i was born i had a blue mark, im not sure of its shape on my butt cheek. Apparently it was believed by my family to be a mark of the devil.

My uncle is now into conspiracy theories especially relating to the reptilian theory, which he does not fully believe but thinks offers a good mystery. anyway he did some research and found that babies in the womb kinda look like reptilians and even grow tails and have gills, also that the blue mark i had has to do with the reptilian phenomena.

So i am asking for anyone with information to what this blue mark is and what it may mean, please no arguing about the above theories i just want to know about the mark.

Btw i dont have it anymore... that i know of.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's called a birthmark. Not at all unusual.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
thanks a lot that pretty much answered my question

its amazing actually that a proper answer comes after only the first post

thanks again

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
More specifically to what Phage said, it was a mongolian spot. Blue, buttocks region, it disappears 3 to 5 years after birth and almost always by puberty. It is within the link Phage supplied.

It makes me kinda disbelieve the whole Reptillian theory only cause it shows a lack of knowledge and a reaching out for false facts. Show that link to your uncle too, he might find interest in the disproving of the mystery.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Do you still have the mark even if it is faded?

I only ask because I have a birthmark on my wrist. I know for a fact they don't disappear, but some do fade somewhat though are still visible.

If there is no trace left of it I would explore other avenues, although I would pursue medical reasoning first before delving into the reptilian explanation

EDIT nvm screamo answered that for me

[edit on 5/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
yea i know the reptilian thing is out there but i dont dismiss it as a faint possibility,

but what really gets me is that first i a Portuguese thats pretty much as west as you get in europe, no were close to where the mark is said to be highly prevailant like in eastern asia.

Also the fact that its called the Mongolian Blue Spot, and i just happened to have a strong connection with the famous Mongolian Ghengis Khan.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LOL butt cheek! Sorry couldnt resist :p

I have one on my shoulder its not blue though its like freckles.
Its a man standing and his shadow underneath him.
Believe me I know what it means now.

If it runs in your family it could be genetic, also Ive heard some people get them because of emotional situations their mothers go thru.
GL

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Congrats on the smurf-kiss, gotta love the irony of the location. I was happy to hear people were willing to help answer if for you. I like to think that that's what this community is all about.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

The blue mark may have been simply a bruise, caused during the birthing process itself (by the doctor, a midwife, etc.).

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The unborn foetus does not have gills or a tail.

....Just for clarification.

Cheers, Fox.

top topics

join