It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Did Not Sell That Jet On EBay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

The point is "I put it on Ebay" is original especially for a politician and much more populist than "we sold a jet we did not need".

Jamie if I am wrong I will admit it and I understand the story has not been verified but I also understand there is a tape and all that is needed is verification. That would be a nasty turn of events for Ms Palin who will find out quickly how the "lower 48" operates!

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

How many people ASSUMED that when she said she put it on ebay that it was also sold on ebay??? Be honest now.

I didn't ASSUME that, I didn't even THINK about if it did or didn't sell.

The fact that a Governer had the good sense to get rid of a jet is wonderful. The fact that she put it up on ebay is classic!!!

Obama jumped all over McCain's manager for saying that this election is not about issues, but guess what? It's Obama SUPPORTERS that are the ones dismissing the issues and making it about everything BUT the issues!!

While there may be a handful of threads about Palin's issues, in the last week, the vast majority of the threads are on everything BUT the issues!!

Are you REALLY suggesting that people should not support McCain because Palin stated that she put the jet up for sale on e-bay and though that was true, you feel that she intentionally mislead people into believing that it was SOLD on e-bay?

What goal did you have in mind when you started this thread? What were you hoping to accomplish? I'm not asking that to be a smart arse, I really want to know what your motivation was.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

If I were a Governor in Alaska, I would have a jet.

Alaska is a long way from the lower 48. Long drive, believe me.

Editing to add: Hell, my local collegiate football team has a jet.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
reply to post by jamie83

The point is "I put it on Ebay" is original especially for a politician and much more populist than "we sold a jet we did not need".

Yeah Leo, whatever. Keep up the good investigative work. Maybe you'll become famous for being the one who broke the "eBayGate" story that takes down the most popular woman in America.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Thanks Jamie I will. I can feel the warmth of your good wishes in your post and it gives me strength!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Let's keep the content relevant and stick to the topic at hand, please.

Adherence to this simple request is appreciated.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

What goal did you have in mind when you started this thread? What were you hoping to accomplish? I'm not asking that to be a smart arse, I really want to know what your motivation was.

Jemison

To bring down the republican party...I think I just might be able to bring down the entire republican party if only they will listen to me...I mean they're fair I am sure they will close the party!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

There has been allot of goofy things posted on EBay over the years including a Blue Angels F-18 Fighter jet. And lets not forget the people that posted a toasted cheese sandwich with an image of the Virgin Mary burnt into it that sold for something like $20,000. I think Palin was simply stating a comical truth to inject a little fun into the campaign. For those in Rio Linda, that means NO LIE. And I will reiterate the point I TRIED to make earlier in this thread by saying that the only people that are being disingenuous over this are those that are accusing Palin of being disingenuous.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

What does it mean to be "proudly white" seriously what do you mean by that statement???

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

What does it mean to be "proudly white" seriously what do you mean by that statement???

It's my way of making the point that we should be proud of what we are but not let it go to our heads or let it be divisive whether you are black, white, yellow, or red. Unfortunately, some people will never understand my signature. They will ignorantly assume it is a racist remark without giving it a moments thought or simply asking me what it means...like you just did. Congrats to you for passing the test.

I like to make people think by making controversial statements but most people simply don't think. That is another point I'm making.

To the mods: Off topic? Yes! But he asked, I answered.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

It's my way of making the point that we should be proud of what we are but not let it go to our heads or let it be divisive whether you are black, white, yellow, or red. Unfortunately, some people will never understand my signature. They will ignorantly assume it is a racist remark without giving it a moments thought or simply asking me what it means...like you just did. Congrats to you for passing the test.

I like to make people think by making controversial statements but most people simply don't think. That is another point I'm making.

What does "white" mean?? Seriously what does white mean?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

What does "white" mean?? Seriously what does white mean?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Good Lord...

It would be ridiculous to call someone a liar for useing e-bay as a common expression for "sell used crap"

But for sake of argument

Do we have any proof she PUT IT on E-bay... did she actually put it there? for Sure

Yes or No?

If she did she never lied

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
okay... I figured, I just looked because googling is faster than sorting through a thread

She PUT IT ON E-BAY

What is the purpose of this debate then? She Put it On E-bay, exactly what she said...

I hoe e-bay hit her some campaign money under the table for saying it too, so what...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

[

I am serious what does "white" mean???

I have been "white" all my life and I still don't know what it means???

Is it my skin tone???

When does skin tone become white? At what point on the spectrum??

Is it a state of mind?? If yes what is that state of mind??

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here is McCain misleading the public again. Let's put an end to this discussion. Can Palin just lean over to McCain and say "hey, I didn't sell the plane on Ebay"?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
HERES my take... MCbitpull team are using this in their stumps.
It is not accurate.

Find another point to talk about...

Economy maybe?
War maybe?
The lost 610,000 US jobs this year?
Iran?
Bombing IRAN?
Anything as long as it is not a false statement...

I really worry about AMERICA if we fail to care about truth and lie.

If you leave one key detail out of a sentence it become a lie folks.

example -" HEY I got an extra apple from the grocery store"

EXAMPLE "HEY I got an extra apple from the grocery store - because I stuffed it in my book bag."

I feel very sorry that anyone would not hold their candidate to the truth.

So I ask you this... if they lie to listeners at a stump speech what make you think they
will not lie to YOU latter on.

EXAMPLE - "We have made the decision my friends, to go to war with IRAN because
they are a hostile nation."

EXAMPLE - "We have made the decision my friends, to go to war with IRAN because they are a hostile nation and we need to secure the next section of the trans asian pipeline"

OUR maybe you would support this one so adamantly.

YOUR girlfriend -" Oh honey I did not cheat on you with that guy"

YOUR girlfriend -" Oh honey I did not cheat on you with that guy
because he didn't stick it in"

So if you think the last example is a lie... then this is a LIE!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Dude, you are really knit-picking here. Is this the best you could do?

She did not lie. She put the plane up on e-bay. No one bought it, so she sold it through other means. That doesn't make what she said a lie, or even a white lie, as you claim.

An example of an actual lie would be Obama telling people in Israel that he was the head of a banking and finance committee and helped pass a piece of legislation. In reality, not only is he not the head of that committee, he isn't even a member of it! THAT is a bold-faced lie.

I hope that my example has clarified the difference for you. Perhaps in the future you can create a thread with actual substance in it.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join