It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Has Lost His Mojo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Obama has lost his mojo and that mojo(most important issue) was Iraq.

It was his rise to fame and could be his fall too.

If you don't think it is mojo let Senator Biden tell you what is most important for Obama as of August 26, 2008.

Other than ending the war in Iraq, the single most significant thing that Barack Obama will do, and I hope I'll be able to help him, will be to determine who the next members of the Supreme Court are going to be,

source

Obama will not end the war in Iraq because Bush took that card away from him.

Iraq and the U.S. pushed close to a deal Thursday setting a course for American combat troops to pull out of major Iraqi cities by next June, with a broader withdrawal from the long and costly war by 2011.

source

It is only a matter of time before this deal is signed, sealed, and delivered.

This leaves Obama with no Iraq as an issue and no mojo.

I guess the question is

what issue does Obama have to replace Iraq with in order to get his mojo back?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Since the sad majority of American voters [you and I notwithstanding, of course] care little about real, hard issues--and know even less about them--in these distracted times, I contend that Sen. Obama's "mojo" is simply what he represents to people, less so than his specific stand on the issues at hand.

It is an unfortunate result of human nature that most people simply project onto a candidate [or a celebrity, athlete, even a date] their own assumptions, hopes, fears, etc. So, the person being observed, followed, what-have-you, simply becomes a sort of blank slate, filled in largely by the watcher's sub-conscious.

My point here is that individuals such as Sen. Obama and Gov. Palin, with relatively short public résumés, end up representing all kinds of things to all kinds of people. Even me. When I hear the Governor, I hear Jean Lundegaard from 'Fargo'. And, despite my upper-Midwest upbringing, I'm no fan of the nasal twang. I digress...

In a more cogent society, people would have more sense to read between the lines, so to speak, and discover for themselves just who these candidates are. Instead, millions and millions continue to happily suckle at the teat of what they're told to think. In my case, I look at Gov. Palin's record, such as trying to ban books from the library of Wasilla, Alaska, or her words, mocking [!!!] Sen. Obama's work as a community organizer. More digression...

One way the junior Senator from Illinois could recover some of his momentum would be to continue to amp up his increasingly aggressive stance toward Iran, so as not to disenchant the AIPAC-crowd, for starters.

For what it's worth, I don't disagree with the OP completely. I'm just adding my $2/100.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Actually his MoJo for me is not attached to Iraq. It's attached to the following:

1. The ability to play good politics. McCain was doing a great job of this too up till the convention.

2. Great Persona... people just like him.

3. Thoughtful and intelligent. He's the Anti-Bush in this way specifically.

My support of Obama comes from a fresh perspective on politics and his bias towards intellectualism. yeah, it's kinda doe-eyed fanatacism on my part because of those things. To be honest, I'd vote for him no matter what party he is runnin for.

new topics

join