It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irag eyes Purchase of 36 F-16 Aircrafts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Irag eyes Purchase of 36 F-16 Aircrafts

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Iraqi government has asked for information about buying 36 F-16 fighter aircraft built by Lockheed Martin Corp, the U.S. Defense Department said on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The request, received August 27, is being reviewed "in the normal course of business" as part of the U.S. government-to-government arms sale process, said Air Force Lt. Col. Patrick Ryder, a Pentagon spokesman.

Updated F-16s are among the world's most advanced multirole fighters and a powerful symbol of military ties to the United States.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Personally I don't see this as a good idea. These are jets that could someday be used to bomb our own military and could do way more damage then just supplying them with weapons.

Full Article- news.yahoo.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Loutty

Iraq is not the only Arab country that could or have F-16s. They have yet to use it against American forces. And if Iraq were to try, then billions of dollars spent would come to nothing. F-16s can't hide amongst the civilian population.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
How can Iraq buy anything when it is run and controlled by America? Should it not read that the US wants to arm another proxy state against the Iranians and anyone else it does not like.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I could say for the same thing about Saudi Arabia mushroom. Do we control them? Or do they control us? Iraq willing to buy F-16s with cash up front, that would make Lockheed slobbering like dogs.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No you dont control them, we do and we control you as well but its all grist to the mill at the end of the day. The parasites in charge are planning ww3 and wont be happy till there are billions dead, its all going to plan.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Pray tell, where is this

Irag

that you speak of?

I know of Iran and Iraq but this is a new one

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Must be a new country. Iran, Iraq, Irag, Iras, Irai. Its like the Stans which means land in Turkic.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Show me the money
I see that if Iraq has cash to spend on jets why in the heck we are still pouring tax payer money into their country.

Sometimes things like this make you go humm and haaa and "what in the hell is going on" perhaps they are going to use our own money to pay for the jets.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You're awesome! Thanks a lot man, i love with a**holes tell me about stupid spelling mistakes.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
you know we did sell Iran some f-14's a while back.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I agree with Magicmushroom. It's one of the older strategies in the USA playbook; if you win a war there, stick a base or two there. Increases the effective range of your troops without the need to actually, you know, dominate a country. Sort of like the bases they put in Japan, only less overt.

The US has unparalleled military power at the moment. One can only hope that they get their affairs in order before the current administration does something even more abysmally stupid with it.

And yes, I realize that the US does not OFFICIALLY control the Iraqi military, but when it comes down to it, let's face facts; this whole was was "officially" about regime change. The odds of the Iraqi government not being a US puppet state are slim in my view.

new topics

top topics

join