It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Hurricane Ike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My grandparents live in Port Charlotte, FL. I was just looking at the projected path for this hurricane, and it looks like its heading towards them (if it turns). Can someone with a lot of knowledge on this topic tell me if it looks that way to them? I know its early still to be thinking this way, but my grandmother is hardheaded and I need to start getting on her now about boarding up and leaving if this is a possibility. She thinks that 1 board over 1 window is enough.. Very disturbing to me. Thanks!

I think this is in the right section, if not I'm sorry.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by KaginD]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As a life-long Florida resident I don't want to sound flippant or anything, but it really is too soon to worry about Ike. He will not be near there until next Wednesday at the earliest and is very likely to go somewhere else by then. I wouldn't dare try to predict where a hurricane will go - but I know enough to know that the guys at the NHC don't really know either. If he does come up on the current track your grandmother will be on the weakest side of him because of the winds hitting her house from inland.

The time to leave, if such a time does indeed come, is not until Monday.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks for responding. We were there with her for Charlie, and ever since then I have had an extreme anxiety when it comes to storms. I know it is very early to tell. I hope you are right and it goes somewhere else. Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yeah, hopefully they predict the path better than they did "Faye"
...I'm in Jacksonville. It won't get us but maybe my parents down in Fort Myers....I just don't think it will be able to keep its strength in the wake of Gustav and Hanna...it takes 2 weeks for the ocean to warm up to what it was before the storm took its heat. I see Ike getting beat down until it is a Cat. 1 or less. But the other poster is right, there will be enough warning to allow people to get out of the way in time, if there is reason to.

top topics

join