It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Chinese teens may have used school to get into Canada: police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Funny you should mention those who seek asylm here.....you are not refering to the Iraq war dodgers are you?

Are you refering to the Afgan. refugees??

Thx for posting and I am looking forward to your reply.

Peace
WR

I use the term asylum loosely. Whether they officially appeal to the Canadian government for refugee status or not, it's the reason why they came that I use the term asylum.

Oh, it's not just those few draft dodgers I'm referring to... or even the Afghan refugees.

Day after day I meet more and more former US citizens randomly. All of them having come up here during Bush's term. And they all had the same underlying reason... they're afraid of what the US is becoming... that and the usual "The jobs are drying up" excuse, but that one I've heard all my life... grass is always greener on the other side, etc.

Many of them point to Bush as the cause of their fear.
Others point to the police.
Some point to policy.
Allot point to the wars.

Thing is, Canada is usually the polar opposite when it comes to allot of issues in the US.

When a wannabe dictator starts grabbing power... Canada tends to get a pacifist. (My judgment is still out on Harper.)
When the policies are that you have fewer rights... we start dishing more out.
When the US starts a war... we aim to end one, or repair the damage done by someone elses war.

Hence, if the US goes in a direction some don't like, we usually end up with those people coming to Canada. It's just the nature of the way our two countries work.
Same happens vice versa... if Canada chooses a path we don't like... we consider the US as an option.

I'm not sure as to the real reasons why so many people are coming across the border (and allot of them with little to no preparation), but I've heard the excuses... and they all seem to point back to Bush.
I just know that I've never seen so many people wanting to get across the border so badly.

I'll tell you this though... after hearing so many reasons why they want to get away from the states in such a hurry... whatever the reasons... it's got me pretty solid on the idea that I now refuse to cross the US border, at least until Bush is out of office... I don't want to find out for myself why they're in such a hurry.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

Yes I need to id any of the clients as I am a independent contractor.

In doing so I, after the client sighns , I am then in a legal contract with the said client as I will be putting holes in walls, floors etc as I wire the house.

So yes I always ID and have the clients sighn the contracts.

If they were white I would do the same thing...of course...this is a legal function...nothing more nothing less.

That being said I have never had a encounter like that with white or black persons....nor Native American...(First Nation up here)

This is a frank observation on my part...nothing more..nothing less.

Cool man I hope I didn't come off hostile cause that wasn't the intent. I was just thinking of like someone that owns a few properties they rent out could be an explanation for paying for several adresses to get hooked up. And also I realize I assumed you were American for some reason.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I feel your angst Johnsky.

I rolled on down to Oklahoma in August to pick up my old lady and my little girl. (also Sturgis was on in SD)

When I was their I could tell that economicaly (although OK is doing alright) people seemed to be a little on edge.

Also.....in Tulsa Ok the Mexican population was way down. I lived near a lot of the Mexican area...rest., bars etc. One bar had changed hands from a Mexican bar back to an American bar, a couple of Mexican (real mexican) restaurants had closed down.

My house is just off of Riverside near downtown Tulsa....a few blocks away from Pieoria ....a club zone.....

The bike shops are all busy.

Anyhow, for the most part the Tulsa seemed alright. Most of my friends in Tulsa are a little on edge but war does that to Oklahoma people. Oklahoma people seem to go the extra mile when it comes to country and it shows in thier character.

I am no Bush lover...in fact I hate goverment to a degree...I would lean toward libertarian I guess.

All in all I enjoy and love the USA as well as Canada.

I know a lot of my firends live and travel between both countries and they are a little pissed that crossing the border has become hell on both sides.

I have beed detained on both sides...once all day on the US side as they waited for a dog to come and sniff down my truck and my bike and twice on the Canadian side as I they tore apart my truck and my stuff as I sat in a little room with no shoes and no belt....lol..fascists! (they do this because I can look a little scary if I don't trim my beard and hair etc lol)

My little girl, 6, hates the border people and cringes whenever we approach a border. (US Canada border)

I would conclude that we are or seem to be moving toward scary times which is causing people to look for sanctuary.

But if Harper is in control then it may be hard to come by!

Thanks again for your comment...I enjoy reading your points.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

Thanks monkey...I like our name..monkeykillingmonkey....I am going through a book called Promethius Rising and one of the exercizes has you to try and observe, with notes , all your human friends as Primates! (which we are)

It brings a twist to the way you observe.

Anyhow, I try not to judge persons in light of how they look..(ie turbin etc) as I am often judged by how I look. I recently cut all my hair off nad trimmed my facial hair in order to facilitate border crossing in the US and Canada. It seemed to help a little. HA

I hope these Chinese students are seeking a better life. Canada is very welcoming to the Chinese....I hope it is not abused by the Chinese!

Did you read the article posted in the thread concerning Chinese organized crime in Canada. The Triads and such seem to be very much at home in Canada.

ASIAN ORGANIZED CRIME AND TERRORIST ACTIVITY IN CANADA, 1999-2002

• Despite several border concerns that need to be addressed, the sheer length of the U.S.-
Canadian border, at over 5,500 miles and containing vast zones of virtually nonexistent
border demarcation, make it unlikely that any amount of funding can entirely address the
border issue. Canadian authorities should therefore emphasize port security and
immigration policy as a means of ensuring that Asian organized crime and terrorist
groups cannot enter Canada in the first place.

• In 2000, about 50 terrorist groups and more than 350 members reportedly used Canada as
a base from which to conduct their activities

• The Big Circle Boys gang has demonstrated the greatest expansion in Canada since its
presence was detected there in the late 1980s. With cells present in cities throughout
North America, and a willingness to cooperate with ethnically diverse groups, the Big
Circle Boys have become extensively involved in the Southeast Asia heroin trade and are
responsible for a high percentage of the counterfeit credit cards in North America.
• The 14K triad is the fastest growing group in Canada and has a presence in New York
and other U.S. cities.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by redchina

Hey Red....you are correct sir! The Asian Boys love to do thier stuff in Canada.

A lot of dead Asians in Vancouver and Calgary etc.

Although when in South America or in the Caribean I notice a lot of Asians as well as Indians (from India)!

Thank you for your input.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join