It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me ask everyone this question,

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf A British flag. Just drape it on your target and wait for a US aircraft to blow it apart. Bitchy, aren't I

Yup!

True tho', innit?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Nice to see you back here Paddy or are you still playing in the sand?

Whatever the answer, GODD LUCK, STAY SAFE, AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU:::::::::::::::

Martin.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hey Paddy,

Speaking of the mind as a tool or weapon....Question for you concerning out in the field. I ask this as I have not actually heard any comments concerning this line of thought from people who have done extensive work out in the scrub.

My question has to do with how reliable are these field portable laptops out in the field?? How dependable are they?? I have never actually seen one except in photos. I am certain that this laptop on which I am typing will never do out in the field...but how are these military adapted laptops doing? I cringe at the thought of a laptop in a mount...bouncing around on the rough roads out in the scrub..in a Land Rover or a Humvee.
How are they surviving out in the scrub? The military is legend for being rough on any equipment out in the field as well as back at base. The military is also subject to a wide spectrum of conditions out in the field and so too with the laptops. If one wanted a true litmus test of the survivability/reliability of a piece of equipment ...turn it over to a bunch of soldiers to use out in the scrub. Curious about this. How are these laptops surviving??

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 12-9-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

The only real ones that I would have any regular dealings with are those intigrated as part of the BOWMAN comms system. In general they hold up quite well, having been "ruggedised" pre-deployment. I honestly couldn't comment on other types, but I've heard no sweeping complaints.

Oh, in reply to Deharg - yes I'm still playing in the dust. Currently part of an ANA training team in theatre. Not long now..!

Thanks for the support.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by PaddyInf]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

Paddy,

Thanks for the update. I would say that someone has come a long ways in "ruggedizing " such equipment. Good to read your report on this subject.
It just does not seem that a hard drive could be sufficiently ruggedized to survive bouncing up and down and sideways in a vehicle over rough terrain. However..apparently someone has rather ingeniously applied some critical thinking and solutions to the problem.

Thanks much for the update and situation report.
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i have a panasonic Toughbook due to travelling in remote areas in China and Russia. It has had coffee/tea/water spill on it, dropped many times by myself and others, subjected to power surges in cheap hotels, high heat and very cold conditions, all kinds of abuse. It has always booted up properly, never froze, hard drive and DVD work like a charm. People around me have bought themselves one after seeing abuse it has taken and keep on ticking without skipping a beat. They cost more money but are worth it in the long run. I am sure the military increases protection a few steps further.

For close in fighting a good Japanese Katana or short sword is a favorite.

For urban assault, there is a new automatic stainless steel shotgun modified to accept 30 round drums that fire many types of rounds including sabot and grenade. That would be a good choice.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The first and best gun would be the the Ma Deuce M2 Heavy Barrel .50 cal Machine Gun. The M2 has been in use longer than any other small arm in U.S. inventory
en.wikipedia.org...

The second best is the NWC China Lake Model 40 mm pump grenade launcher
en.wikipedia.org...

I am prejudiced being from China Lake Calif.

At least two grenade launchers are on display in museums. One, serial number 4, is at the UDT/ SEAL Museum in Fort Pierce, Florida while the other, serial number 13, is found in the War remnants museum in Vietnam. [2]

Two more are in the base police armory at NWC China Lake for there use.

third would be the MK 19 automatic grenade launcher.
en.wikipedia.org...

I used both the M2HB and the MK19 in Vietnam

[edit on 19-9-2008 by ANNED]

[edit on 19-9-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
For me it would have to be a pump action shotgun ! Not having much dealings with guns I've chosen the one thing I truly believe I could hit something with. .. By the way, which end is the dangerous end?

"Respect."

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Obviously it is the Lightsaber. It is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Empire.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The staff of moses.
It can bring on pagues, turn into serpent, change water to blood, part the seas, and more...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
1911 pistol. My personal favorite of all hand help weaponry. Gotta love these things. Concealable, rugged, easy maintenance, accurate, makes big holes and is still being used!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by airteck
A pen.

It can sign the order to end all life on this planet, or to save it.

Let's face it. This is the winner if there is one. You cannot get any weapon without signing a requisition form. The pen leads to access of all other "weapons"...

Your good.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ok ive been thinking long and hard. Hands down the best weapn comes in many forms and flavors. Its called American Food. Its loaded with toxins, poisons and so many other usless chemicals. And it Kills everyone slowly and painfully.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The single overall best weapon is likely the very first weapon. A spear.

Maintains distance from attackers, a good defensive weapon, a good offensive weapon, and not prone to misfires.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

a pen is a great answer, but wouldn't a computer or even a telephone be qiucker?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by echodogene

The expression was "handheld." This implies independent. Not tied to a system but portable and not dependent on others outside of one individual for sustinance. This does not fit with a telephone or computer. For these items require a whole system to function.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Nice question . What is the best hand held weapon in the world. I would have to be frank and tell you the truth. The single most superior hand held weapon in the world is the human male penis. Hear me out. It is not so much itself that is the entire weapon, it is the 'Testosterone' that controls it.

Just think about what this weapon has caused in all of human history.
I'm sure most wars were caused by this.
All the wars ever fought are just arguments on who has got the bigger weapon of this sort.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stephenwephentephen

computers are small enough to be held and some are made to be used as a weapon. the "big man" could alway's sign for it later. anything can be predated, say, even a birth certificate?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

a smart woman could take that down

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join