It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland President quickly changes his mind about staying in Iraq?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
I don't know about y'all but this is very strange. Why change his mind all of the sudden? Do you think Bush threatened him if he pulled his troops out?

If you're not with him....

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Bwahahaa bush prob reminded him that if it werent for us they would still be singing rhineland Uber alles

i swear these euro trash countries have no balls.

Patton was right.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by mrmulder
I don't know about y'all but this is very strange. Why change his mind all of the sudden? Do you think Bush threatened him if he pulled his troops out?

If you're not with him....

...You're with the terrorist. You got that right Satyr. Too true. Too true.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
Bwahahaa bush prob reminded him that if it werent for us they would still be singing rhineland Uber alles

i swear these euro trash countries have no balls.

Patton was right.

The United States did not liberate Poland from the Nazis during WWII, it was the Soviets... and in my opinion, Poland would never stop fighting the Germans underground, there is an unexplainable ethnic tension between Germans and Poles that goes centuries back...

In general, the young people of Poland admire the United States and it's culture. Quite a horrible fact in my opinion, their beautiful culture is being wiped away by Pop Divas and the market economy (believe it or not, capitalism has good(sigh) as well as bad points). Must the whole world be commercialized like the U.S.?

However, the majority of the people DID NOT support the "The War of Terror", even though they really admire the United States. The president and his corrupt government however, managed to get on Bush's side for national interest(U.S. is a powerful and helpful ally).

The preisdent is to far right for Poland's good right now, anything the government does right now is a disaster...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Poland, it must be noted, is not a world power, by any means. It would take a single breath to lean on Poland...hard. Accusations of hding Chechen terrorists, a little embargo, a bribe... it is definitely a possibility. Such a reversal of opinion -despite public sentiment- is unusual to say the least.

As for compassion... well, politicials aren't exactly known for the trait.

Bush's schoolyard bully days have apparently extended into teh international stage. Veiled threats, bribes and coercion have become the standard for him to get his means.

DE

top topics

<< 1   >>

join