It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Set to 'Punish' Russia For Invasion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have never witnessed such a large group of whiners in my life! Have any of you actually ever even been in the miilitary, or had to deal with foreign governments? I swear, you could trip on a banana peel and it would be President Bushs fault! What Russia did is wrong, and we are trying to deal with it diplomatically. If it comes down to war, Russia will be the aggressor. I agree that we should not be the police of the world, but Georgia helped the United States, and now we are repaying the favor by trying to resolve this issue by not going to war. If the United States government ran this country in the manner that you all think is right, we would be the largest nation or cowards in the world. Grow some spines, get a clue, and learn about the issues through unbiased sources before making idiots out of yourselves!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
If Israel WAS to do something for the US for a change, they ought to get their asses over here and build us a southern border barrier- seeing as they're so good at shutting out Palestinians with theirs.

Good god man! Why on earth would the Jews shut off their supply of domestic workers?

Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Bel Air, West Los Angeles and Encino might have to pay real wages for (gasp!) Locals?!? to act as domestic servants.

Rosie!! Another cold drink for my pals!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I find it kinda coincidental that the whole Bush administration is pushing this thing with Russia harder and harder the closer it gets to election month. I hope that the damage that will be done can be reversed once they are out of office.

I would say that I see the following in how the Bush administration is handling the conflict:

Pressure Russia into declaring full blown war against the USA.

This gives the support of most Americans to "protect ourselves" and retaliate in unimaginable ways I'm sure.

Once Russia is hit, China will be the First to go to their aid.

China jumps in the mix, North Korea and Cuba will quickly follow.

Rumors of chinese soldiers @ the boarder of mexico could explain HAARP technologies used to hit the coast over and over with hurricanes to cause an 'evacuation' to move American civilians from the boarder areas, or even just to give blackwater an excuse to be delpoyed to the area.

Blackwater or our own military could then be deployed from the us to Cuba or mexico without any civilian intervention in the case that Cuba would aid Russia and the rest of the communist half of the world.

Congradulations, you now have one World War cluster %#$^ on your hands.

A perfect situation to declare a national emergancy and martial law.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
first we will invade then we will tell everyone it was russia then we will publicly punish russia,then we will invade iran,then russia will attack us making world war three there fault hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
we will have to get a lot more servants to the bunker, make them young and pretty and i dont want to run out this time.

$$$$$$$$
all going to plan
offical whitehouse memo
( 0 )
dick cheney $$$$$
$$$$$$$

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think I'm on Russia's side on this one, and for many reasons too. But above all I wish their was no Elite Government or such a thing as fighting.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A 40 year balance of power between the USA and Russia is challenged by this neocon version of the new world order .How stupid do they think Putin is ? Isn't it great when some want a be Napoleon plays nuclear chicken with your ass on the line?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

@ Shrukin89

Do some research on Russia's history and oppression of their neighbours. Russia has invaded Finland, Poland, Czechslovakia and Georgia in the past 65 years. All of those were democratically elected goverments who didn't deserve that to happen to them. Now can you tell me how many democratically elected governments the USA has tried to destroy?! None! And Saddam Hussein was a vicious dictator before you try and make comparisons with Iraq, therefore was justified. I am absolutely sick of ignorant people who blame America for the world's problems who don't even know anything about history. And no, I'm not American, I'm British, and I do find America's patriotism sometimes a little disturbing, especially in the John Mccain speech, the crowds hysteria made it seem like a religious rally. Although this does seem extreme to the rest of the world, it's a far cry from the extremities of Islamics or Russians. And beware before you want to defend the Russian again, remember how the Russians oppressed all Eastern Europeans for 50 years, and in countries like Poland and Georgia, people were forced to serve the military and on their land Russia placed military bases and nuclear bases. Why should anyone have to put up with that, everyone has the right to be free and live in a democratic country with democratic principles. That is the freedom America and the West is willing to fight for, and for which the Russians hate. The Russians have shown that they hate anything new and part of the free western world, by destroying schools and new buildings in Georgia. Before you wish to defend those animals that the Russians call peacekeepers, remember the Russians have lied all the time about their invasion of Georgia, there is absolute proof of that. The Russians have shown they cannot be trusted. This is how the Russians have been all thru the 20th century, go find some history books and read about this if you don't know anything about it! Additionally if you are Russian don't believe your propaganda based media, and if you live in the western world either support the West and be civilised or go back and live in Russia, and stop being a complete and utter hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I live in the US and don't know much about Russia. As far as US leadership is concerned, it seems that it has become reckless Some political pundits have described it as dangerously insane. Attack Russia, punish Russia? They can fight back.
I think the current administration was trying to start a brush war in Georgia. They did. It lasted 5 days. Russian press is laughingly calling it "the five days war".

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think bush should shut the hell up and go off into the sunset, he has done enought to make America look bad

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The thing that gets me about the whole Gorgia/russia thing is that the areas the russians were in (S. Ossetter sp?) were NOT that of gorgia but of russia and yet the US backs the ones that started it all - Gorgia !! and then starts trouble with Russia who were only trying to protect their patriots.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Oh my god... is that Newspeak? hahah is that quote out of 1984? Ministry of peace? I am LMFAO. I re-read that book rather recently just to reaffirm the similarities of the orwellian vision of a bleak future. I am ready to move to canada. I am a 26 year old male that has just given up on defending this pitiful excuse for a county. I have been critical about it ever since i was a kid and was aware of the BS pledge of allegiance we take in schools, but was always able to look at some beacon of hope, now I feel there is nothing good about america. Nothing at All.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

I am an american citizen that lives in Long island (40 minutes from Manhattan). I do not condone the behavior of our politicians. I am tired of a select few starting wars and conflicts on "our behalf", when I never had a problem with anyone from another country in my existence. Everyone I'vs ever met from another country or culture I have gotten along with and found some common ground or some interest. We need to wipe out the mentality of the ignorant masses of obese, racist, anti-semetic midwest minds and educate them. Teach the average american to think critically and to question authority. We need a "Mass-Awakening" if you will that can empower the masses to DEMAND answers and to DEMAND equality and to DEMAND removal of irresponsible leaders and representatives. And if our DEMANDS are not met, then we take up arms and let the streets flow with the blood of the corrupt. This is what being an american citizen is all about. I say until some solutions are put on the table to resolve some of our countries internal problems, we avoid a military approach to foreign disputes.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

It is less than two months to election. Everyone knows this including the Russians. This is all about scaring the Sheeple into voting for McCain. I doubt if anything will happen until the election is over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join