It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Set to 'Punish' Russia For Invasion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Bush Set to 'Punish' Russia For Invasion

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS/ AP) President Bush is poised to punish Moscow for its invasion of Georgia by canceling a once-celebrated deal for civilian nuclear cooperation between the U.S. and Russia.

With relations between the two nations in a nearly Cold Warlike freeze over Russia's actions against its neighbor last month, planning is under way at the White House for the largely symbolic move by Bush, according to senior administration officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision was not yet final. Action could come quickly, within days at the most, and officials see no need to wait until Vice President Dick Cheney returns next Wednesday from an overseas trip that includes stops in three former Soviet republics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Cute.

"Do as we say, not as we do". The hypocracy is so thick here that you couldn't slice through it with a machete...

Plus, isn't there quite the sneaking suspicion that Decider and Insaney were BEHIND what created this to begin with?

I can't even keep up with all of the mind-bending evilness of this administration anymore. But their endless hypocracy never ceases to stun and amaze me.

If Bush decides against pulling the deal, there are other penalty options available.

The administration could insist that Russia continue to be quietly left out of any discussions among the elite Group of Eight nations, essentially denying Russia membership in the club of major industrialized democracies without actually kicking it out.

The United States also could sell sophisticated anti-aircraft and anti-tank military hardware to Georgia.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah the funny thing is in McCains speech last night he talked about the Russian threat and how they invaded a neighboring country to secure oil supplies and this is just wrong. I thought to myself you scumbag how dare you. Whats sad is the sheeple in the room ate it right up. Russia is now some huge threat in their eyes.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The sheeple just lap it up, they never look behind what there being told at all.

Thats why russia has to act in its own interests and try to project a different international image as a possible bad guy.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Decider and Insaney?

Thanks for that.

Anyway, its the sleezy way they play their world games. :shk:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Leave it to Bush... Another war. I thought it was funny though that they are thinking about doing it before Dick comes back. They just threw his ass into the fire
real loyal administration we have here.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
the ministery of peace would like to announce that we have won our latest battle against the evil empire of russia, together with our brave and esteemed allies we have overrun the enemy with ease and vigour.

we would remind all good citizens that we are not now or never have been in good relations with the enemy.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
These guys want the Cold War back so bad they can taste it.

Right wing ideology requires an enemy to unite the people against.

If there is no sufficiently frightening enemy to scare up lots of taxpayer cash, one has to be engineered - and this is what we're doing trying to expand NATO to Russias borders, surround them with missile bases, etc...

The idea is to provoke the Russians into taking actions like they did in Georgia, and then yell "The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!" (great movie BTW) until the people are willing to pay big money in corporate welfare to defense contractors... bigger money than they already do, that is.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The United States also could sell sophisticated anti-aircraft and anti-tank military hardware to Georgia.

That happens and you`ll see S-300MPU-2 in Tehran in bulk within 48 hours.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Just a high level political smokescreen to jusifiy Cheney's (Haliburton's) global advancement for strategically placed Military Bases and to secure neclear power construction contracts until 2050.

A masterminded exit strategy and leveraged by out rolled into one neat package.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Those sides will go on punishing each other all the way to the new-age cold war. I personally do not need it. I also think that people in Russian federation or in US do not want/need it.
I am very negative on actions of Russian leaders and forces in this conflict. But someone has to stop this thing from spinning down to its destination. Bush - punishing Russia. Russia - punishing Poland (tactical nukes threat) and Europe (nukes in Kaliningrad). It is going to go on and on.
And the solutions are not difficult. Now i do not fear WW3. US will not attack Russia or vice versa. But i live in "buffer" state. And in cold war wars are fought between proxies/puppets.
And it is even more complicated now, with EU and China as players. Very easy to make a miscalculation on chess board with 4 players.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

im not so sure about usa/russia wont `duke it out` - i feel the USA believe they can win a nuclear war , with a massive first strike - the only real concern is the counter value weapons (rail and ground mobile)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The time I was waiting for..who is the God of War? USA or Russia? I doubt if USA will ever win over if Russia underground base still working perfectly since WWII

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i don't see there being a load of proxy wars this time around, it won't go nuke either, it'll simmer up until its a conventional, old fashioned war of attrition. it'll make WW1 pointlessness look like a well thought out strategy. it seems to me that it is in the interests of the elites of russia, the US, europe and china to keep a never ending war simmering.

the first cold war was quite effective at keeping people scared and pliant but the threat was slight, people had to be convinced the russians were just crazy enough to push the world over the edge. the US would've happily let that thing go on forever if the people of eastern europe hadn't woken up en-masse and toppled the ussr the way they did.

for a while there i thought the war on terror might be a good substitute but it seems the average american citizen finds it a little easier to break away from the views of the MSM these days. there seems to be an awful lot of people scratching their heads at bush's antics, better late than never i guess. so thats screwed a perpetual war on terror as a good avenue, it's all tarnished as a tool for fear.

being the imaginative bunch they are the PTB seem to be returning to the old enemy again. who knows, it might work out well for them if they can just get their soldiers out of the quagmire of iraq. they thought establishing a "green zone" might lead the terrorists into a stalemate but the scheming little towelheads won't just lie down and shut up so something else is going to have to be done..........if only that dumbass lawyer in georgia had held his horses until after obama had gotten the troops out it would have all gone so smooth, us sends troops to georgia, russia rolls tanks into tablisi and they face each other off in a good old stalemate, could've even had a nice new wall!!! could've had a check point cheney.

now it's going to be way more complicated....

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well its not a suprise anymore is it, the fact that the US Goverment is making the country and its people the laughing stock of the World. And I'm quite certain that Putin and co will stick 2 fingers up to America and its Goverment, Russia may not match America economicaly but it more than matches it on the nuke stage so I dont think they will be a tremblin in the Kremlin.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My guess is.....

We will see a nuke go off within the next 2 years!

Another great thread by DD!

Well done, and well said!

Star and flag from me!

*Puts on old-timey nuke glasses*

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Cute.

"Do as we say, not as we do". The hypocracy is so thick here that you couldn't slice through it with a machete...

Plus, isn't there quite the sneaking suspicion that Decider and Insaney were BEHIND what created this to begin with?

I can't even keep up with all of the mind-bending evilness of this administration anymore. But their endless hypocracy never ceases to stun and amaze me.

If Bush decides against pulling the deal, there are other penalty options available.

You call it Hypocrisy when Russia years ago started building new ICBMs even though they have thousands already and not to mention it was done with the money that we gave them to destroy their old ones? All the while we still decommission our newest missiles and do not build new ones AT ALL!!

Putin kills anyone who questions him, Where do you think you would be if Bush was as evil as you make him out to be?
Your anti-U.S. rhetoric is disgusting because the U.S. can do no right in your eyes.

I would vote for tougher actions, Like sending Georgia weapons and the promise of air cover if Russia wants to play again.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
SKY, You have a death wish do you, do you want Russain nukes raining down on the US. If the US stops sticking its big fat nose into other peoples business there would be no problems would there. Perhaps the US Goverment should start fixing things at home before it tries fixing things elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Yeah the funny thing is in McCains speech last night he talked about the Russian threat and how they invaded a neighboring country to secure oil supplies and this is just wrong. I thought to myself you scumbag how dare you. Whats sad is the sheeple in the room ate it right up. Russia is now some huge threat in their eyes.

Typical politcian is it not? Talk out of both sides of their mouth.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What's with this slap on the wrist stuff?

If he really wanted to punish Putin for merely protecting his own citizens against a Georgian attack, maybe Bush should try taking South Ossetia and Abkhazia with the US military and see how far he gets.

Or better yet, maybe he should get the Israelis to nuke those two breakaways while their itchy fingers are on the Iran button. :shk:

If Israel WAS to do something for the US for a change, they ought to get their asses over here and build us a southern border barrier- seeing as they're so good at shutting out Palestinians with theirs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join