It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah balks at having Palin on her show

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiigurl
Oprah should just have Palin on after the presidential election, since people do want her on. Make a contract saying that whether McCain wins or Obama wins she will be on the show. That way everybody is happy, people see Palin on the Oprah show, Oprah's ratings go up and Oprah won't feel like she is backstabbing Obama. Now if Oprah just doesn't like Palin (not for reasons connecting with Obama) and doesn't want her on her show, why should we pressure her to and why should she feel pressured to do that. If you don't want someone coming into your home and your property, why should you.

Do you really think Vice President Palin will go on after the election , You are not thinking in terms after the election , Palin wont give Oprah the satisfaction

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiigurl
Oprah should just have Palin on after the presidential election, since people do want her on. Make a contract saying that whether McCain wins or Obama wins she will be on the show. That way everybody is happy, people see Palin on the Oprah show, Oprah's ratings go up and Oprah won't feel like she is backstabbing Obama. Now if Oprah just doesn't like Palin (not for reasons connecting with Obama) and doesn't want her on her show, why should we pressure her to and why should she feel pressured to do that. If you don't want someone coming into your home and your property, why should you.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Pain is a wildlife butcher. She has put a $150.00 bounty on wolves and allows the animals to be shot from the air (planes and choppers).
That BTW, is against Federal law to shoot anything from the air but she twisted the law for the State.
This woman is evil and power hungry, don't get in her way you'll get stepped on.

McCain better get a food taster.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I hope she doesn't have Palin on. Don't like that woman, don't like her at all. Stay in Alaska.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Oprah never had integrity. People are missing the point. She's a reporter at the core, it's her job to be unbiased. Her integrity isn't based on whether she's willing to stick to her guns and have a voice. It's the opposite, she's supposed to have no agendas no political say.
But what are you gonna do it's the queen bee, and it is her show she can do what she wants. But you're supposed to call her out when she can't do her job right. And stop watching, but it would seem the queen bee cannot be stopped.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oprah has no obligation to have Palin - or anyone on her show.

Did I miss the Joe Biden interview?

Palin doesn't even answer questions from the media. She only speaks when she is able to put her own spin on things. I doubt Oprah would allow that kind of BS.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
Oprah never had integrity. People are missing the point. She's a reporter at the core, it's her job to be unbiased. Her integrity isn't based on whether she's willing to stick to her guns and have a voice. It's the opposite, she's supposed to have no agendas no political say.
But what are you gonna do it's the queen bee, and it is her show she can do what she wants. But you're supposed to call her out when she can't do her job right. And stop watching, but it would seem the queen bee cannot be stopped.

No. How is she a "reporter at the core"? It's a talk show. She gives free cars to people. She lets Tom Cruise jump on her couch. She isn't a news reporter. She doesn't, nor has she ever claimed to be an unbiased source of news.

She creates an entertainment show. She's very good at it. Her support or lack of support for certain political characters is not at all relevant to her integrity. Basing her integrity on who she puts on her show is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Now here are a few ladies that have the right idea. They know the only way to get her attention is through her sponsors and her pocket book. I hope more people across the country take up the torch!

Florida Republican women's group to boycott Oprah

This started with yet another lie by Republicans:
The Florida Federation of Republican Women made the decision to boycott the Oprah Winfrey Show Saturday, after the media mogul refused to have Gov. Sarah Palin as a guest on her show until after the election wraps up.

"Women in Florida helped build Oprah into the icon she is today," Linda Ivell, President of the FFRW said in a statement. "We are deeply disappointed in Ms. Winfrey's decision to sit out the greatest political moment in the history of women since suffrage."

The talk show host denied accusations Friday, that she was even considering the vice presidential nominee as a guest.

"At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a plat for any of the candidates," Winfrey wrote in a statement, responding to a story from The Drudge report claiming her staff was "sharply divided" on whether they should book the Alaska Governor. [...]

The Florida Federation of Republican Women, the "largest political organization in Florida," celebrating the groups 58 year anniversary is also encouraging members to cancel subscriptions to O Magazine, Ivell said.

Oh, but it's only temporary. They're just angry for now. It's just a pretend boycott:

Ivell did not say the Florida Republicans would be tuning out indefinitely, but at least until 'after the election.' Adding, she and her members respect the decision to support Obama, "as every American is entitled to their personal opinion and vote."

So it's okay with them if Oprah decides not to invite Obama or McCain, but if she turns SledDog Sarah down, she has somehow betrayed them. Yeah, that makes sense.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

I wouldn't want her on either, she hates animals, takes funding away from teenage un wed mothers, and supports Big Oil.

None of those three things are true. Why do you people make up these lies by misreporting stories about her. Are you that desperate.

Why do people give all those stars to untrue statements.

ATS is becoming a propaganda mill and the worst place on the Internet to get information.

Talk about spin. She tripled the budget for that tiny charity. I'm in the know because I'm also involved in raising a small part of the private funding. That charity serves only a handful of people.

She stood toe to toe with the oil companies and won. You need to actually stop reading the crap on the Kos from Soros and read the truth.

Are you a Soros / Daily Kos plant?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oprah , Being A Talentless Actress And A Closet Lesbian Is A Radical Racist No Matter What Anyone Say's . She Is Pro Black And Funds Pro Black Organizations . That Being Said, She Is A Liberal Obama Pimp And Is Pro Abortion Anti 2nd Amendment Radical . This Pug Faced No Talent Should Be Boycotted And The Corporate Offices And Stations That Put Her Show On The Air Should Be Unindated With Calls Regarding Her Actions . And Something Else , Have You Ever Wonder Why With All Her Billions Of Dollars How She Really Came To Be So Rich ? Her Movies Suck , She Has No Talent What Soever And She's Supposedly One Of The Richest Women In The World ? Do You Ever See Her Donating Mega Millions To A School For Under Privilaged White Girls Or Orphans ? How Much Money Has She, Or Her Shill Employee's Through "HER" Pro Black Organizations Donated To Obama's Campaign ? Now, Throw Your Race Card, KKK , Anti Semite Banter My Way .I Expect It .But I Don't Care
Don't Like What I Have To Say ? TOUGH !!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If I were an Oprah, I would do what a logical Oprah would do: Bring Palin on the show, tear her apart (verbally by making Palin sound like an idiot), and use her female influence to help Obama win...
But then again, I'm not an Oprah, so I cant control what Oprahs do.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Oprah already publically stated she would not have candidates on her show. She had Obama on twice BEFORE he announced his presidential bid and not since.

If she was to get into the poltical talk arena...she would have to in fairness schedule Obama, Biden, McCain and Palin in the next month. C'mon really? She doesn't want to do it. Big deal.

Oprah isn't CNN or Larry King for goodness sake. She isn't in that business. Who cares? This is more sillyness.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
So much for Oprah's integrity. She's worried that having Sarah Palin on her show might actually turn some of her viewer audience from being Obama supporters to McCain/Palin supporters that she's balking on having Palin as a guest. Granted, it's her show, but for anyone who dares to say that the media doesn't have a liberal slant to it - you've just been proven wrong by the queen of the media!

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," an insider explains. "Oprah's website is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

Source: www.drudgereport.com...

If she cares about getting her ratings back that she lost when she campaigned for Obama, then she will invite Sarah to be on the show.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
oprah will never have sarah palin on her show in my opinion because of the posibility of being asked about her endorsement for obama. sarah might ask her why she went to rev. wright's church with the obama's,and never went back. that is a question that oprah can't answer on her show, it might make obama look bad.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join