It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah balks at having Palin on her show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So much for Oprah's integrity. She's worried that having Sarah Palin on her show might actually turn some of her viewer audience from being Obama supporters to McCain/Palin supporters that she's balking on having Palin as a guest. Granted, it's her show, but for anyone who dares to say that the media doesn't have a liberal slant to it - you've just been proven wrong by the queen of the media!

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," an insider explains. "Oprah's website is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

Source: www.drudgereport.com...

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
So much for Oprah's integrity. She's worried that having Sarah Palin on her show might actually turn some of her viewer audience from being Obama supporters to McCain/Palin supporters that she's balking on having Palin as a guest. Granted, it's her show, but for anyone who dares to say that the media doesn't have a liberal slant to it - you've just been proven wrong by the queen of the media!

"Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on," an insider explains. "Oprah's website is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

Source: www.drudgereport.com...

WHOA!

You put a LOT of spin on that one...

What was the reason why Oprah doesn't want her on? "Because of Obama" Not because she will turn people from Obama.

Heh... nice slider there.

I wouldn't want her on either, she hates animals, takes funding away from teenage un wed mothers, and supports Big Oil.

Obviously those are all opinions that I have, and I would probably bet that Oprah has as well.

Last time I checked, it was Oprahs show. Can't she do what she wants?

And frankly, I think this actually INCREASES her integrity. Keep in mind that Integrity means "Not allowing anything through"

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Have her on, what's the big deal?
Ask a couple of questions, couple of uncomfortable laughs, then off to the view!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oprah's side is (sort of) denying that this is the case.

Article

If I were Sarah Palin, I wouldn't even want to go on the show. Oprah is a known Obama diehard and that alone would give me concern if I were running the McCain campaign to believe it would be used to attack Palin.

In either case, its not a big deal. Both sides are within their rights to conduct or decline an interview.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Yep, it's her show, but if she's not afraid of Palin taking votes away then what has she got to be afraid of?

Let's face it - Palin is the talk of the U.S. right now, and if this was any other woman, Oprah would be chomping at the bit to have the woman on her couch and in front of a camera.

What you posted are just excuses. You know it and I know it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's her show and she can have on who she wants.

But if she really believes Obama and Biden are the best candidates then she should be more than happy to put Palin on. It would reinforce her opinion. That is, if her opinion is based on the issues.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

What was the reason why Oprah doesn't want her on? "Because of Obama" Not because she will turn people from Obama.

Then what does "because of Obama" mean to you?

It's because she supports Obama and doesn't want to give her viewers the opportunity to judge Palin for themselves.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Oprah can do as she pleases since it is her show. I find it funny that this coming from a woman who doesn't extend the same views on property rights.

Remember the indecent in France, when a store was closing, and how upset she was, that the STORE didn't remain open for the almighty Oprah? Of course she used the race card, that time. Maybe people should bring out the race card for her, not willing to OPEN her show to Palin.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Exactly.

now watch as all the Obamatrons flood in to explain to us why their hypocrisy is legitimate. These people will rationalize just about anything, as long as it means pushing their agenda forward.

Its stuff like this that makes me worry about a country dominated by a left wing media, with a democrat controlled government. Will any dissent be allowed, or will we have hordes of these apologists to rationalize their censorship?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm not swallowing this for a second. If Oprah could get stellar ratings with Palin, read that MONEY, she'd do it in a heartbeat. She's a damn good businesswoman.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't blame her for not having Palin on either.

Oprah is an Obama supporter and she knows it's in Obama's best interest not to permit her audience to get to know Sarah Palin.

Obviously it wouldn't be a business decision because Oprah would get huge ratings and make a ton of money if she put her on.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm not swallowing this for a second. If Oprah could get stellar ratings with Palin, read that MONEY, she'd do it in a heartbeat. She's a damn good businesswoman.

Uh, with Palin's streak of popularity going on right now, don't you think stellar ratings would be a given? What other reason could there possibly be? C'mon! Use some common sense!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
She is (probably) using the show to push her agenda on a sleeping public. Where is the surprise? She no MSM talking head and therefore is under no such obligation to be non-bias.

Yes, if she were a strong enough supporter of the O/B ticket it shouldn't bother her to have Palin on.

But then, if she does believe that Palin would take votes away from Obama then those people who switched are probably voting for personality not policy, something we should all be concerned about.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Uh, with Palin's streak of popularity going on right now, don't you think stellar ratings would be a given?

I said as much.

C'mon! Use some common sense!

You mean the common sense that's been floated in this forum lately? No thanks, I'll use my brain.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If Oprah could get stellar ratings with Palin

Yeah she only drew 40 million with her acceptance speech. It's not about the money this time. It's partisanship plain and simple.

The ratings for Palin on Oprah would be through the roof. Now get back in your cubilcle and come up with a better one please!

Becker

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
From the day she step on that stage with Obama she made her show a platform.

How can she say she doesn't want her show to become political when she has urged her viewers to vote for Obama.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Pardon me, but what are you talking about? Palin has exploded in popularity, especially among woman here in the US. Maybe the fact you're a Canadian puts you at a disadvantage in understanding America's nuances that way. I don't mean that as a slam, but the fact is there are things about OUR country that we understand better.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Nope, not disadvantaged as to things are in the States at all AND I'm not caught up in the political BS so many are here.

You don't get to be #1 on this list by pandering.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Dronetek

Nope, not disadvantaged as to things are in the States at all AND I'm not caught up in the political BS so many are here.

You don't get to be #1 on this list by pandering.

Aside from the condescending idea that somehow you know our country better than we do...

You're totally wrong on this one. Your theory suggest Palin wouldn't bring in huge ratings when its clear they would. All the morning shows this morning were wringing their hands about when Palin would do interviews.

Meaning Oprah is in fact pandering. Really, I'm again stunned at the brazenly partisan stances taken by the "deny ignorance" mods.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Palin has exploded in popularity, especially among woman here in the US. Maybe the fact you're a Canadian puts you at a disadvantage in understanding America's nuances that way.

Wow
I'd love to know what exactly for first off. Maybe 'because she has a vagina' is really just it huh ?

If that is in fact true I feel very, very sad for your country, more so. if I was a female voting in this election I would run from that woman and the man she is representing at top speed!
Just because she is a woman is no reason for a woman to vote for her and I would like to think majority of females in the US voting are smarter than this BS summary of them.

I think Oprah maybe just didn't want her on, good on her, why should she ?
whether she supports Obama or not, it's her prerogative. Deal with it yall

[edit on 5-9-2008 by ImJaded]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join