It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who tampered with the bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Reasons why some books were left out was because they were not inspired by people with the Holy spirit, such as the Deciples who went out and did Miracles. The rest that never made it were never reliable and inconsistant. Even if you had every book of the and pieced them together, you can figure out which order they should go in and what to leave out. Every prophet had an experience with God and had some super natural ability through God's faith. The ones that did not have this not only were out of place but was not and still is not inspired through God's Holy Spirit.

Did you that references from other Cultures and History of that time make enough New Testement compiled evidence that you can compose vertually the Gospels from that evidence of souces.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Bible was never complete in the first place, that's why it is only the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John

There was issue over teachings given to Mary Magdalene that weren't given to the other Apostles, the agreement was to only include in the new testamnet that which all of them could know Jesus had said

So Mary was excluded and most of the other apostles as well

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
reply to NOTurTypical

I guess that would be the same middle school which trains people to believe things such as "My favorite fairy tale for adults is "Origin of Species"."

Keep baitin'.

I went to a government school.

Secondly, I guess it's "okay" to 'bait' in this thread if it's directed at Christians as in the post I quoted above??

Gotcha, now I get big boy logic and decorum.

Have I said anything to insult Christianity? No. No matter to you; your feelings are obviously hurt, and you seek vengeance. How Christ-like of you. Yet again, you bring so much pride to your version of faith. Good day.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to NOTurTypical

I guess that would be the same middle school which trains people to believe things such as "My favorite fairy tale for adults is "Origin of Species"."

Keep baitin'.

I went to a government school.

Secondly, I guess it's "okay" to 'bait' in this thread if it's directed at Christians as in the post I quoted above??

Gotcha, now I get big boy logic and decorum.

Have I said anything to insult Christianity? No. No matter to you; your feelings are obviously hurt, and you seek vengeance. How Christ-like of you. Yet again, you bring so much pride to your version of faith. Good day.

1. Don't patronize me. You posted this:

"Always good to see intelligent, critical-thinking skills at work...oh, wait...I'm in the "Conspiracies in Religions" forum.

You know who you are. "

in a thread about the "Bible", what religion uses the Bible? You were the original "baiter" in this thread. You didn't have anything more to add to the discussion other than a thinly veiled appeal to ridicule argument.

2. My feelings aren't hurt whatsoever, in fact every time I'm ridiculed I rejoice. You see, Christ tells us to rejoice when we are persecuted for His sake. A big thank you is actually in order!

3. Of COURSE I am proud of my Savior. Who wouldn't be? He's redeemed me out of love for me. I pray you can find this happiness as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
The Bible was never complete in the first place, that's why it is only the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John

There was issue over teachings given to Mary Magdalene that weren't given to the other Apostles, the agreement was to only include in the new testamnet that which all of them could know Jesus had said

So Mary was excluded and most of the other apostles as well

Yeah, there's another name to pop up.
Mary Magalene, was Jesus' Wife who bore several children with Him.
But that book and chapters didn't seem prudent, so someone somewhere decieded to edit that and leave it out.
I can hear the Christians screaming now..
"Blaspheme, Blaspheme ! "

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ravinsomniac
Yeah, there's another name to pop up.
Mary Magalene, was Jesus' Wife who bore several children with Him.
But that book and chapters didn't seem prudent, so someone somewhere decieded to edit that and leave it out.
I can hear the Christians screaming now..
"Blaspheme, Blaspheme ! "

This is a popular legend with no definitive evidence; a relationship is described in the Gospel of Philip, but this may be an allegory for the Inner and Outer Church:

And the companion of [the saviour was] Mary Magdalene. [Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples, [and used to] kiss her [often] on her [mouth? face? cheek? head?]. The rest of [the disciples were offended by it and expressed disapproval]. They said to him "Why do you love her more than all of us?" The Saviour answered and said to them, "Why do I not love you like her? When a blind man and one who sees are both together in darkness, they are no different from one another. When the light comes, then he who sees will see the light, and he who is blind will remain in darkness.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Here is an interesting lecture on the subject...

[url=http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Bart%20Ehrman&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#]Lecture

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Its clearly obvious to me that religion on the whole is no more that a mega money making exercise which in this day and age could easily be disproven, but at what cost? the so called world leaders know its a cheaper way to control the millions that live way below any countries poverty lines by using fear and hope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join