It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE work dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm really getting sick of this!

It's an experience I'm sure we've all had; the "School/Work" dream.

ERRHH! I have a deadline to meet so I'm a bit anxious but my bed is supposed to be a sanctum of calm, peace, ease etc.

You wake up the next morning and realise a perfectly good opprtunity has been wasted on something you hate. It's bad enough in the Day time!

:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Been there. I used to work at a pizza place and they ALWAYS put me on at the busiest times because I wasn't a slacker. I would frequently have dreams that I'm running around the shop trying to keep things under control, just to wake up and have to do it for real.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah I have these all the time working fast food. I hear it's a sign of you getting burned out. I try not to think about work when I get home, but most of the time, I can't help it, and working with a deadline makes it all the more worse.

What I do, is if I'm dreaming about work, I focus in my dream to make something else happen (tornado mostly as I love the thrill of running from them in my dreams). Perhaps you could find a medium to focus on in your dream to change the setting, get you out of your workplace in your dream.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Tanks!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
No problem, remember, all it takes is focus.
Lets say, you're dreaming that you're at work. Yeah you don't want to be there, it sucks bad. While in your dream Expect something to happen, good or bad. Usually I find that bad things work better but thats just me. Think of something that'll make you leave your workplace, as I said, tornadoes work great for me, seems I can summon them at will in my dreams, and I love being chased by them, trying to find a basement to hide in, which in most cases leads me to new areas.
I once had a work dream where a huge EF5 was heading toward my store. I ran out of there and drove home, as I don't live far away. I ducked into my crawl space and thought, man I'm dead. I then found a hatch in the ground that led me a good 50 feet below into a huge cavern with a rail car that I some how knew led to the underground network of bases and airports. The dream ended to my dismay, but at least I got away from work in my dream.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Urg- I hate them, too. The worst ones, so far, happened when I was working as a housekeeper. Let me tell you, we saw and cleaned a lot of nasty things!!
But it was worse to come home and dream about all the stuff I had to clean up. :shk:

Work dreams suck

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

The only time I've successfully done this was one time (in dream) in the shop, there was a particularly annoying customer so I pulled out the 12 gauge
(isnt really there) blew him away
and spent the rest of the dream on the run from the secret service. I kept interchanging from and to a ninja.

um lets see ninja emoticon.........

To change the topic a bit, my friends Rob and Al keeps telling me about flying dreams.

I have never had a flying dream and I find this frustrating.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

haha you've never flown! My friends use to tease me all of the time because until 3 years ago i had never flown in a dream either. Once i used a rocket-backpack, but they said it didn't count. You're in for a real treat once you have a true flying dream. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yea. I did once almost dream/fly. I jumped out of a plane with one of those glider suits. But I just fell as if I was naked. I didnt even had a parachute and I hit the water and almost drowned.

Good times.

top topics

join