Sarah Palin has a B.S. in Communications-Journalism and minor in political science

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Don't be idiots. Think about it Sarah Palin holds a Bachelors of Arts In Journalism from the University of Idaho.

B. Obama hold a J.D. in Law from Harvard. He is obviously well educated enough to become president, a knowledge of law is important. You have to have at least a masters to be a teacher in many places and we are going to put someone with a b.a. journalism from u. of idaho a heartbeat away from control of our entire government? in.

This pick disgusts me.

Title updated to correct mistake
source - en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-9-2008 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WAKEurMIND_UP

Can we please have this post removed mods? Plain and simple, with the alias being registered today, it is meant to attack and bring out a fight. It's a senseless argument for too many reasons to discuss here.

Joke.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Uh-oh. C'mon mods and admins. All this harping you guys were/still are doing in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... here's a chance to back it up.

Let's see what happens.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interesting....so if McCain had picked a male candidate to be his VP pick would he be getting as much attention as Palin? Or is Palin only being covered on the news everyday because she's a woman from Alaska?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I have a Bachelors and became an educator.
Don't need Masters for that, except you get paid more for getting Masters. Of course it requires more than just having a Bachelors or Masters to be an educator.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The discussion of the educational background of both candidates and their VP choices is valid.

Please stick to the topic at hand, please.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Obama is running for President. Palin is running for VP. There is no valid reason to compare the Democratic presidential candidate to the Republican VP candidate. Search for threads on this topic, you'll get a lot of info on the comparisons.. Trust me lol

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Who cares? Its not like the educated idiots from the nation's 'elite' educational institutions that we've had running this country for the last 50 years know what the hell they're doing either. No, in fact, they've made a mess.

Maybe its time we acknowledged that perhaps there's something wrong with those institutions, too, and not just our government?

Personally, I don't give a damn what her educational background is, or what Obama's is, or McCain's, or Biden's. Researching her prior to her selection, I came to the conclusion that she is quite obviously highly intelligent, even if she doesn't come with a stamp of approval from Harvard. If she has an educational background closer to that of 99.9% of the college-educated American public, that's not a bad thing, IMO. It certainly isn't an argument you want to make against her to the American public. Good luck making the argument to those people that her experience in an 'ordinary' college make her unqualified to govern.

Or perhaps are you arguing that we should ditch our Republic in favor of a Plutocracy where only a priviledged few deserve to govern, simply because they can afford a high dollar education?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

George Washington

* College of William and Mary (surveyor's license)

John Adams

* Harvard College

Thomas Jefferson

* College of William and Mary

James Madison

* College of New Jersey (now Princeton University)

James Monroe

* College of William and Mary

John Quincy Adams

* University of Leiden (transferred to Harvard)
* Harvard College

Andrew Jackson

* None

en.wikipedia.org...

Full list at source.

Education is important but not the tell all. I know a lot of people who have higher degrees than I and consider many of them incapable of ever being leaders.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd be willing to bet that this thread was actually started by a Palin supporter. The trick is to throw out there all of Palin's perceived shortcomings to get people bickering resulting in those same people becoming even more polarized, but this one is especially handy because it can become personal very quick. Having a degree (no matter what level) or not having a degree is such an inane arguing point. People come from all walks of life and some can or some can't afford an extended college education.

Peace

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yes but comparing a president to a vice president is like comparing apples to oranges,plus the fact Obama holds no governing experiance,rather have a seasoned veteran then a guy with a good line,when push comes to shove can't put experiance over well wishes

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WAKEurMIND_UP
Don't be idiots. Think about it Sarah Palin holds a Bachelors of Arts In Journalism from the University of Idaho.

B. Obama hold a J.D. in Law from Harvard. He is obviously well educated enough to become president, a knowledge of law is important. You have to have at least a masters to be a teacher in many places and we are going to put someone with a b.a. journalism from u. of idaho a heartbeat away from control of our entire government? in.

This pick disgusts me.

The Major is always amused when a poster here at ATS impugns someone because they feel that their level or pedigree of institutional doesn't quite meet their lofty expectation. The Major will dispense with the obvious inquiry to you own stellar curriculum vitae and focus on the formative instruction of bygone presidents. George Washington was well thought of as our first U.S. President; he never graduated from college. His esteemed place in the lexicon of governmental service was supported by only a surveyors license. Let's not forget that his contemporaries were schooled at Harvard, Princeton, Amherst, and William & Mary.

Other U.S. Presidents who did not attend or complete college:

Andrew Jackson
William Harrison (attended college but never received a degree)
Zachary Taylor
Millard Fillmore
Abraham Lincoln
Andrew Johnson
Grover Cleveland
Harry Truman – went to law school but did not receive a degree

A few noteworthy names on that list.

As for the notion that a law degree somehow makes a person more qualified to serve in the Executive Branch, the Major is mystified. The Legislative and Judicial branches for sure, but the Executive Branch would be much better served by someone with an MBA than anything else. There is also that little issue of how the public at large feels about shysters, excuse the Major, ambulance chasers, nope that's not it, blood sucking parasitic scumbags who can't die soon enough. Well, it appears that the Major is at a loss for the correct terminology but will leave you with the words of the great William Shakespeare:

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers". - (Henry VI, Act IV, Scene II).

Dismissed.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'd be willing to bet that this thread was actually started by a Palin supporter. The trick is to throw out there all of Palin's perceived shortcomings to get people bickering resulting in those same people becoming even more polarized, but this one is especially handy because it can become personal very quick. Having a degree (no matter what level) or not having a degree is such an inane arguing point. People come from all walks of life and some can or some can't afford an extended college education.

So what is your contribution? To pour gas on the fire?

Somebody makes an post critical of Palin, you believe it's a trick to get people to start bickering, and then YOU pull this out of your [snip]

"I'd be willing to bet that this thread was actually started by a Palin supporter. "

Are you part of the problem or part of the soultion?

Hint: As a mod, you're supposed to be part of the solution.

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

George Bush Jr.

Education: BS Yale Univ., 1968; MBA Harvard Univ., 1975

I'm not impressed with Ivy Leaguers...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by jamie83

Some of us are critical thinkers and some aren't. If the shoe fits.......

If it shows just one person the light, then I consider mine a job well done.

Peace

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

I really don't care that she only has a b.a. degree.

I would like to see an explanation of why she attended 6 schools in 5 years to get that degree. This is extremely unusual, so much so that I doubt there are more than a dozen Americans, if that, which have had such an educational journey. It sounds to me like someone who has a very hard time deciding what is best for them. Could be abit scary that someone with such a resume would be making decisions for an entire country.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Not everybody knows what they want to major in and change their majors many time trying to find the right interest or career.

There are also many people who can't go full time in order to finish in 4 years. I got my BBA by attending two schools and it took me 7 years. Of course, I had to work and support my family in between classes.

Life is not the same for everybody.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Some of us are critical thinkers and some aren't. If the shoe fits.......

If it shows just one person the light, then I consider mine a job well done.

Making unsubstantiated accusations is rarely, if ever, a sign of critical thinking. Acting is if one has a monopoly on the truth, or "the light" as you put, rarely is a sign of critical thinking. In fact it's usually a sign of the opposite.

And doing the exact thing you accuse somebody else of doing is the worst kind of hypocrisy, especially when your allegations are based on nothing more than your own imaginations.

And rarely is influencing the beliefs of just one person a sign of a job well done.

In fact, if you are referring to your "job" as a mod, there was nothing well done about your previous post. Fanning the flames with unfounded accusations against another member while complaining about that member trying to cause trouble wouldn't be cool under any circumstance.

When it comes from a mod, it really makes you wonder how ATS picks their mods.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WAKEurMIND_UP

This pick disgusts me.

Just more liberal elitist nonsense.

When in doubt, strut out credentials instead of accomplishments.

Sarah Palin has accomplished more in her 44 years than most people ridiculing her will accomplish in their lifetimes. In fact, many would argue her accomplishments are on par with Obama's. Some would even argue that her accomplishments were superior to Obama's.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Please refrain from attacking fellow members and stick to the topic at hand.

In this case, "Sarah Palin as a Bachelor of Arts."

Please adhere to the simple request.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join