It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fake' Soldiers Used in RNC Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

'Fake' Soldiers Used in RNC Video

www.cbsnews.com

It was a video that was supposed to elicit soaring patriotism and real emotions about the Pledge of Allegiance. But to do that, it used fake soldiers and a staged military funeral instead of the real thing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
While totally disgusting, it is simultaniously fitting...Since we have a fake "government" which does not do a single thing it is supposed to do, and serves only the interests of the Elitists, it's quite fitting that they would put together a propaganda piece filled with fake soldiers, instead of honoring the real ones spilling their blood to further line these greed-mongers pockets...Just more status quo BS and shafting of the little people from TPTB...

Ugh.

There’s the Continental Congress…A real WWII vet…Photos of workers at Ground Zero. A close-up of a folded flag presented to a grieving widow at a military funeral… profiles of soldiers swelling with pride in slo-motion.

But CBS News found that the footage of the ‘funeral’ and soldiers is what is called ‘stock’ footage. The soldiers were actors and the funeral scene was from a one-day film shoot, produced in June. No real soldiers were used during production.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It is basically what both sides do. They use this kind of stuff to side step the most important aspect of the people. Their logical thought process. They do this by pumping this emotion stirring type of footage with the purpose of creating a 'rah rah' convention instead of one that tackles any real issues.

Then again, the conventions are supposed to be about building up the nominees and not the issues but the fact that they used this footage goes to show how far they are willing to go to brainwash the masses.

It's going on with both parties so we mustn't simply focus on one or the other.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I can't really say I'm surprised. When so much of what we see on the media is questionable, and often down right faked... it doesn't surprise me that they'd fake something for a montage at a convention either.

While faking a funeral isn't exactly gut wrenching, it does set a precedent. Just what can these conventions fake and get away with it? How far can we let it go before they decide to fake footage of the other presidential candidate beating a child?

One thing does puzzle me though... with so many dead soldiers coming home... why would they feel the need to waste money on a fake funeral?

Are the republicans saying your boys are too ugly for their convention montage?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, it really doesn`t surprise me a bit that they would do this. What`s it for, it is used to pit person againt person. It pits those that know what`s going on against those that they need to keep in control of. They know that their plan has been breached by those that are aware, and this is the only way that they know how to fight it. By driving the patriotism point even deeper into those minds they control. This is what they want, us against them. This way, the ones in control will not get hurt, only those that are under their influence will take the hits. What`s it take to stop this? Keep putting the message out there that it`s nothing but a sham. Just like DD is doing. Remember, your not going to be able to wake everyone up, but just one more is one that they will not have under their control. You do it one person at a time if need be. When that balance has been reached(50-50), and it goes just one point over, it becomes a mass awakening from that point on, there is no stopping it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
ok, so this is an election year and everyone seems to be taking sides... dem..(liberal) or rep.(consevative) or as it goes nowadays(neocon)....

So here we stand a nation still divided... Even among those that profess to "DENY IGNORANCE" All theese "enlightened" individuals still seem to argue about "thier preffered party candidate"... Either Obama, McCain, Palin or Biden... and they quote both the MSM and the bloggers to prove thier points..

And theese are the same "sources" that are "debunked" and "misstrusted" on both "sides" all the time!!!!!

If y'all haven't noticed we are becoming part of the "problem" that this site was created and purposed to EXPOSE!!!!!

Now I have no problem with exposing the exploits, of the Government, but If you have noticed people in the ATS community have seemed to have picked thier "SIDES" and it is not the side of the search for the truth...
WE are ALLOWING ourselves to be PAWNS, in this "highly political" year... Read some of theese top flagged and "hot topic" threads sometime...

They are all about politics and we are being DIVIDED.......Take a step back and take a deep breath... and ask yourselves, is this what I truly believe?... or is this what the PTB wants me to believe..

90% of us are on this site to have "intelligent discussions" about "conspiracies".. be they political or alien or governmental.. or whatever.. But when we start to blindly argue for one political party or another.. that means we have just become one of those lost "sheeple" that we despise soo much..

From what I saw and heard on the video post.. I took from that a young girls feeling for her country... weather or not some of the video was staged for the RNC purposes... seems a bit trivial to me..

I pesonally would not care if it was for the RNC or the DNC.. I thought she Expoused her feelings for her country very eloquently.. If the RNC decided to use "fake funeral footage" to maximize her words so be it..

I think that this incident was very minor, but look at the emotions it was able to bring up... look at the division that it has caused... And this happened to people that are supposed to stand against this sort of divisive type of tripe......

sorry for the rant... but if a few of us all get our craniums out of our 4th point of contact... we may be able to actually get through this with our sanity more or less intact.......

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Again, I am sorry about the above rant.. I was not directing it to anyone that has posted thus far on this thread..

Now as to them usuing "Stock" footage of fake soldiers and funeral..
personally it did not bother me that much.. possibly because I already expected it, because it was just a visual stimulant to go with that young girls words..

In other words it was not a "news" story or a documentary, just some pics to go along with what she had wrote..

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Are they fake soldiers or are they actors?

Why should such a film portray a real funeral with real grieving family members, when there is stock footage portraying the same thing?

If nothing else, I will always remember this election year as being the year of stupid and pointless smear campaigns.

join