It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google CEO: We need Government Regulation of ISPs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Seems to me that almost of all of you didn't understand the quote posted in the OP. I believe Google is just fighting to keep the internet free. What would keep a large ISP say MSN, from blocking access to Google and forcing users to use their own proprietary search engine? I think Google's fight is to keep the internet open to all no matter who you have as your ISP. As far as bandwidth use I predict rather than blocking bandwidth hogging sites, you will just end paying more for the increased use. That is as it should be.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
Seems to me that almost of all of you didn't understand the quote posted in the OP. I believe Google is just fighting to keep the internet free. What would keep a large ISP say MSN, from blocking access to Google and forcing users to use their own proprietary search engine? I think Google's fight is to keep the internet open to all no matter who you have as your ISP. As far as bandwidth use I predict rather than blocking bandwidth hogging sites, you will just end paying more for the increased use. That is as it should be.

If MSN did that, who is going to keep MSN as their provider? If MSN did that, would you keep them as your provider?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well I just changed my Google tool bar to Yahoo.

Google was my first or second choice for searching - now it will become my last.

Goodbye google!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yup, just what I feared, for some years now.

Shows what you get, when you star hiring so many former NSA, CIA, and FBI consultants...

Boycott Google, use Yahoo or, better, the new Emule search engine...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join