It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly Finally Gets An Interview With Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I will give Obama credit here....I like what he is saying and in my opinion his body language tells me he is being honest.If O'Reilly would shut up and let the man finish a full sentence then maybe we could hear more detail.Every time the senator says something O'Reilly does not agree with he starts to interrupt him. That's O'Reilly's typical BS. Well anyway here it is and to garner more ratings he has stretched this interview over several days.

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 9/5/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I have to say that Orielly, although still smug etc, seems to be playing fair here.

They defintely disagree, but I think so far, that this is a good interview.

Kudos to both of them for coming together on this.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I watched it too. Obama looked insulted and pissed. He didn't want to answer the questions and looked like a liar to me. He didn't mean a word of it in my opinion. O'Reilly was much too easy on him, but I could see the he wasn'r buying the BS either. Barak Hussein Obama was just trying to steal MCains thunder and score of few points. He lost because that interview showed how weak he is. If he can't make the point to O'Reilly, how would he ever talk to Ahmadinajd, Chavez, and Putin's sock puppet Medvedev.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I watched it too. Obama looked insulted and pissed. He didn't want to answer the questions and looked like a liar to me. He didn't mean a word of it in my opinion. O'Reilly was much too easy on him, but I could see the he wasn'r buying the BS either. Barak Hussein Obama was just trying to steal MCains thunder and score of few points. He lost because that interview showed how weak he is. If he can't make the point to O'Reilly, how would he ever talk to Ahmadinajd, Chavez, and Putin's sock puppet Medvedev.

I don't think he looked insulted or pissed at all.

It was a great discussion between these two, and I got the impression that Bill felt more comfortable with Barack after it.

The thing that cracks me up is that many of the posters on the liveleak site say "Oh he sounds like Bush"

He doesn't sound a thing like Bush. He was thoughtful and nuanced... nothing like Bush if you ask me.

Anway, I thought it was a great interview for Obama and Bill as well.

Once again, Kudos to both of these guys.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

As I watched, I could see that O'Reilly wasn't buying it. And Barak Hussein Obama was uneasy that he couldn't sell it to him. I hope they do a poll on this. I thought the interview failed for B.H. Obama

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by Quazga

As I watched, I could see that O'Reilly wasn't buying it. And Barak Hussein Obama was uneasy that he couldn't sell it to him. I hope they do a poll on this. I thought the interview failed for B.H. Obama

I had a completely different take away.

I thought this was a win for both of them. I have never been as proud of Obama in an interview as I was during that interview. I was very concerned going into it.

But I have to admit, he knocked it out of the park.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Being a person that does not have a feeling one way or the other about Senator Obama...I felt he appeared to be honest and forth coming about his views and ideas.If you want to see these guys really give a person a hard time then watch how they all treat Ron Paul.He was given a hard time by all the so called news networks....they don't like hearing the truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well it made my toes curl under I won't be able to walk for weeks
. I have very low O'Reilly tolerance as it is and when he just would not let Obama finish what he was saying I had to switch off.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

If he can't make the point to O'Reilly, how would he ever talk to Ahmadinajd, Chavez, and Putin's sock puppet Medvedev.

Uh.... do I need to point out the faulty logic here?

That's like saying if "conservative X" can't make a point to "liberal X" how will he/she ever talk to the commies, terrorists, etc....

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Considering the men are on opposite "sides", I though they both did a great job. I look forward to seeing the rest of the interview.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I didnt watch and its a good thing.

Obama shouldnt reduce himself to sitting with that jerk and submit himself to his questions.

That's ridiculous!!

I wouldnt sit within 100 feet of that cretin.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I just think that both sides are being way too compliant and politically courteous towards one another and each others campaigns.

I don't trust it and although I was never 100% on board with the situation happening before November that keeps the current administration in place, I am beginning to wonder.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We'll see how the rest of it goes, but so far, Obama hasn't let O'Reilly badger him and O'Reilly hasn't let Obama off the hook. O'Reilly is being tough with him, but not overboard, and Obama has done a reasonable job of defending his positions. I thought Obama got a little irritated a couple of times and I also thought he tried to duck the surge question, but overall, he hasn't done badly by any stretch.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

If you didn't watch it, then how would you know if the Senator's appearance was worthwhile? I did watch it, and I don't share your feelings on the matter, with all due respect.
Obama showed that he's up to the challenge of sitting down with "the opposition". What would he have to be afraid of? He seems quite skilled at keeping his emotions in check, even in the face of yet another media blowhard like Bill O'. Good work, Senator.

[edit on 9.5.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am no fan of Obama, but I agree with Quazga that he handled himself well, and this was a good interview. O'Reilly kept him on track when he strayed from the question, and Obama responded forthrightly.

I'm looking forward to the next 2 segments coming up on Monday and Tuesday.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Im from the Uk so I dont know the American journalists and news presenters very well....

Regardless of wether you would vote for obama or Mccain you cannot and should not disrespect a potential president of the United States by;

talking over them
rolling their eyes
using aggresive / negative body language

Its disgraceful behaviour by Orielly........and should be not allowed on the TV

I dont think I have ever seen a member of the UK government or potential Prime Minister go through such an interview

Manners are for free.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I didnt watch and its a good thing.

Obama shouldnt reduce himself to sitting with that jerk and submit himself to his questions.

That's ridiculous!!

I wouldnt sit within 100 feet of that cretin.

I think this is part of my allure to Obama. He has the ability to speak with anyone. He doesn't hate anyone, and seeks to understand their perspective.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Oreilly owned Urkell.
Check it out,
The hate amerika crowd says the war on terror is not real, what did Urkell say? He knows the war on terror is real.

The hate amerika crowd says Osama is a prop and not real, what did Urkel say? He would pop that sumbeech in a heartbbeat.

THe hate amerika crowd says we lost Iraq, what did Urkell say? The surge worked better than even Bush could possibly imagine.

The hate amerika cwowd says Iran is all teddybears and cotton candy and good pals, what did Urkell say? Millitary option never off the table.

The prophet Urkell has spoken, now admit there is an evil network of terrorists with twisted Islamic ideology and that the kingpin Osama needs to be given the death penalty with no attornys, due process or trial and Iran is not our friend and needs to be bullied one way or the other. That is what your prophet Urkell has said now you must agree.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It was interesting when Oreilly asked him about the surge and he said even Bush was surprised how well it worked. Then said it was a testament to Petraus and the troops. See even Obama knows the real reason the surge worked is because he knows this has been a war run by politicians.Then when Iraq was going nuts they finally had to just let the military do their job and look what happened. I am really looking forward to the next segments now.

Ummm.....SectionEight....the only thing I can think of to respond to your post is this:

Warning strong language

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is great. He goes on O'reilly while McCain says no way to Larry King. Palin runs with tail between legs back to ice station zebra and refuses to talk to anyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join