It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is happening to our kids? Violence at school.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Jonna, have to go with Kron. on this one. Corporal punishment has its place. What is better, your child running into the road or a smack on the butt, sticking keys into a wall socket or a smack on the butt? I'm not talking about with a belt, or any other weapon, and I'm not talking about throwing them around. Also you should not need it by the time the kids get to be school age.

My kid brings a gun to school?
or actually carries a loaded weapon without the proper gun safety?

I won't have to worry about this, because one, i'll bring him up with the proper respect, and take the time to actually teach him right from wrong,

and 2, i'll shoot him first.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Fury
whip the # outta him when he is bad, and go to bed a good parent.

I really can't believe that there is level of ignorance here. Yes, beat your child and they will grow up thinking that it is acceptible to beat their children and so on and so forth. I can only pray, for the sake of your possible children, that the individuals with this sort of mindset do not have children.

lmao how many kids do you have?
are they respectfull?
your liberal weakmindedness blurs your view of reality.
children need and require dicipline.
and if you are too weakminded to do it. i can only pray your kids don't grow into another columbine.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I got to agree with whippings, used correctly they work.

I have four kids and whipped all four when needed and I dont think I needed to whip any of them after about 10 or so years.

There is a big difference in whipoping your kid and beating your kid

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I helped raise three children from birth up to 8 years old. They responded more to me getting angry than a spanking.

I can agree with spanking, to a certain age, and at certain occasions. Otherwise, it's just meaningless battery. Though if my child ever tried to claim I beat him/her after a discipline spanking, i'd kick thier ass...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm not talking about with a belt, or any other weapon, and I'm not talking about throwing them around.

See, but where does the line end? Saying that it is ok to 'slap' your child opens up the possibility that it is ok to 'punch' your child (ie Define the word slap? Can you be slapped with a bat?). It is the same idea as the gun and abortion laws and current debates. Saying that it is illegal/legal to one degree opens up the possibility for it to also be deemed illegal/legal to all degrees.

Don't get the idea that I am saying children should not be disiplined as that is the only way that ANYONE learns the rules of society, but to put your kid in the hospital is just sick. The question is where is the line and where could it be moved to.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I got to agree with whippings, used correctly they work.

I have four kids and whipped all four when needed and I dont think I needed to whip any of them after about 10 or so years.

There is a big difference in whipoping your kid and beating your kid

Yep...couldn't agree more.

I spanked my son once when he was 3. I have not had to it since. It made an impression. He is 12 now. Does what he is told to do...stays out of trouble,and knows right from wrong.
There is a BIG differance between beating a child just to beat them,and the occasional slap on the butt to keep them inline.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yes, lets encourage child abuse! Are you serious? Do you realize that the line between slapping a child on the behind and slamming that child through a door will blur if we were to say, "Sure go ahead and hit your kid if it will keep them in line!"

You're a real rocket scientist, aren't ya?

I said nothing about child abuse. My father did not abuse me, but when I got outta line, the wrath of pops came flying in the form of a swift smack. When done at an early age, simply raising a voice is all that is needed for a child's latter youth years.

Now, if you even look at your kids wrong, they threaten to call the police.

And that is why there is no discipline.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not talking about with a belt, or any other weapon, and I'm not talking about throwing them around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See, but where does the line end? Saying that it is ok to 'slap' your child opens up the possibility that it is ok to 'punch' your child (ie Define the word slap? Can you be slapped with a bat?). It is the same idea as the gun and abortion laws and current debates. Saying that it is illegal/legal to one degree opens up the possibility for it to also be deemed illegal/legal to all degrees.

Jonna, my answer is right there.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'll make right here for you,
anatomically the hind end is made for smacking
the glut muscle is tough and designed for this.

It's when you pull it to beatings that you make the mistake.

any moron knows the difference between whooping a childs ass and a beating.

Please step to the plate, grow up and accept reality.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
All kids are different. I think some need corporal punishement to learn properly, some don't. We're all different from one another.

Fury, dude, where you been? Long time no see!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
All kids are different. I think some need corporal punishement to learn properly, some don't. We're all different from one another.

Fury, dude, where you been? Long time no see!

oh been here been there,
having fun,
how bout you brutha?

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

quote:

Jonna, my answer is right there.

I was quoting you to make a point to others. You and I seem to be on the same wave length concerning this. My question is what is 'acceptable punishment' and that seems to be going over a few posters heads.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix
You're a real rocket scientist, aren't ya?

I said nothing about child abuse. My father did not abuse me, but when I got outta line, the wrath of pops came flying in the form of a swift smack. When done at an early age, simply raising a voice is all that is needed for a child's latter youth years.

Now, if you even look at your kids wrong, they threaten to call the police.

And that is why there is no discipline.

Yeah, but...you like O'Reilly. I think your parents did something wrong

Just kidding...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I was quoting you to make a point to others. You and I seem to be on the same wave length concerning this. My question is what is 'acceptable punishment' and that seems to be going over a few posters heads.

Not at all, it's going over your head.

so i will break it down into bite sized portions for the liberal mind.

1. Bruising of the back and hind is unnaceptable,
2. smacking the ass is ok.
3. welts are questionable.
4. red marks permanent are unacceptable.
5. any marks on the back are unnaceptable.
6. bleeding cuts and ciggarette burns are unnaceptable.
7 water torture is unnaceptable
8. slicing a thousand cuts then adding lime juice is right out.
9. crucificion? not at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

oh been here been there,
having fun,
how bout you brutha?

Bah, same old same old... Good to see you back, we've been having a lots of new members lately, but unfortunatly, we've also lost a few of 'em.

(mostly cuz it seems they lost their minds, but whatever..)

Edit: Dude! You got some weird ideas for corporal punishement. How 'bout standing on your bare knees on a cement floor for a long time (30min ~ 1h) ?

That hurts. But that's how I learned lol...

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It's when you pull it to beatings that you make the mistake.
any moron knows the difference between whooping a childs ass and a beating.

Please step to the plate, grow up and accept reality.

Reality, my friend, is that different people have different opinions on what is an exceptible 'beating'. Do you really believe that all of the parents who abuse their children think that they are doing something wrong? I would have thought that with the frequent posts in the general section on things such as 'beating a child to death because he/she had the devil in them' you would be able to see that not everyone has the same sense of what is going to far as you. And the childish name calling really does not become you; it is best if you try to be alittle more rational.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
yup, i believe it's parents...vain, selfish,selfcentered parents. i have 3 kids 14-8 and 2 when the first one was born we made a decision that one parent must be home. no questions you just make sacrafices, sure life would be easier if i worked. sure i could have that huge suv in the garage. in the end is the money really worth it?

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I know that parents have a lot to do during their day and to provide for their family, but that doesn't belittle the fact that they need to have some responsibility when dealing with what their kids see.

When I say you, your, or imply something that "you" should be doing, I'm not talking to any person in particular. I'm saying parents in general (including myself when I get there)

Don't let your kid watch tv, make him go outside and play in the snow, or play in the grass when it's hot out. Tell him to rollerblade, ride a bike, go exploring the woods with friends. Encourage your kid to go to the park and play basketball. Anything. Don't stick them infront of a tv and expect it to baby sit them.

I'm not saying all the responsibility is on the parent, but a lot of it is. Parents should control what goes on in their household. Ever heard of a v-chip? Use it. Block out the channels you don't want your kid to watch. Don't allow your kid to watch tv for more than 2 hours a day or less. Steps like this can be taken to prevent a kid from being exposed to violent media, atleast in your own household.

Sure violent images desensitize kids to violence, but that doesn't immediately make them murderers. Kids need to be #ed up, or have no concept of right and wrong to go out and do something like that. Why don't they know the concept of right and wrong? Where did they get the guns? Why do they feel the need to murder people? These are the questions that need to be asked. Not "well how can we stop the media from turning our kids into mindless murderers."

I grew up playing some violent games, and watching some violent movies. But that didn't turn me into a murderer. I spent a lot of time fighting with my younger brother, and playing "guns" in my backyard, but that didn't make me want to go out and really kill someone. People really need to get their damn heads on straight. Violent images do not make violent people. Sure, they may push someone over the edge; but how did the person get to the edge in the first place?

I just finished writing a paper on violent video games and how they don't make kids murder people, so sorry if I seem like I'm ranting about this again, I just have the topic on my mind.

In closing, I'll leave you with something that I think sums up my stance on parental responsibility in a satirical way. Brought to you by the good fellas of www.penny-arcade.com

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Fury why do you feel the need to attack people you don't agree with? Why do you label anyone with a mindeset different then yours a liberal. I was not aware you hold the book of all answers.

dude take a pretty little blue pill okay.

[Edited on 3/19/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If your too controlling of your kids, they will ultimately rebel against you and there will be nothing you can do about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join