It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Secrecy, National Security and the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

UFO Secrecy, National Security and the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

www.americanchronicle.com

For over 60 years, the Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) phenomenon has mystified and intrigued Americans. There are many theories concerning the nature of UFOs and they are heatedly debated. Even the usage of the term "UFO" is debated by some. For the purposes of this article it is defined to be a flying object that does not have a known conventional explanation. There is however not much debate on the topic of government secrecy relating to UFOs. According to poll data, over eighty percent (80%) of Americans believe the U.S. Government is hiding knowledge of the existence of extraterrestrial life and UFOs
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
More UFO news saying the government aren't to be trusted

www.americanchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well this is something I've been thinking about regarding FOIA requests which I've filed over 100 over 10 years.....I highly doubt the U.S. Military/Government uses the term UFO in any official documents. Perhaps we don't even know the term they use. So every time someone files a FOIA request using the term UFO it's not going to render anything. Not that they would release any real information anyway, but to be very specific I doubt the term UFO is what needs to be used.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Maybe using the word, "disk," or, "flying disk," or, "species..." (as in "alien" or "unknown" species).

It could be true that "UFO" would produce little.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I look for things around UFOs. For instance, if I get a report of a UFO and it is unconfirmed I will go to the FAA and ask for radar telemetry over the week in which the UFO was sighted, usually by telling them I'm plotting a course or something like that and was looking for the least amount of congestion. Or that I was working on a computer program that forecasts air traffic by looking at data provided over the last week(this one is my favorite)...I usually get my answers.

new topics

top topics

join