It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When are the other political parties going to get coverage in the media?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Your opinion.
But how do you know for a fact that the Green Party has more support then the KKK, or the American Nazi Party? Isn't that just a guess?

As for parties having a national appeal, the only other national candidate I'm aware of, if he is still running(?), is Ralph Nader. At least in the 2000 election he got plenty of air time, maybe more then his base justified...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

Besides.. The Republican and Democratic parties have done more harm in the U.S. and worldwide than the KKK, or any other of such extreme parties could have ever done.

That is your opinion, no more, no less, just an opinion...

I never mentioned any harm, injustice, or political issue.

Being the post about other parties, besides Democrats and Republicans, having media coverage, I was just wondering, with the existence of thousands or parties, and movements, in the USA, what the criteria would be, to give this or that party said media coverage.

Also, who would be responsible for establishing such a subjective criteria?
Face it, there would always be a vast minority crying foul, for not being included in the media coverage...

Sorry, for double post...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Ballot Status in at least one more more states.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Let's see...

Economic Hitmen which where the cause of much of the suffering and death in the 20th century... Supported by Washington. There were only two political parties in power in Washington. That and the rest of the U.S. foreign policy.
That's not my opinion, just what happened.

And as I have said in my above post. Ballot status in one or more states. Btw.. if racist parties like the KKK and Aryan Nations or black pride, asian pride or latino pride parties ever reach ballot status. Then there would something seriously wrong with your country.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I think, for the most part, USA foreign policy has been fair and balanced. Some mistakes where made but that is inevitable, in any institution run by human beings.
Those said facts you refer to are no more then minor incidents. Might I remind you, every major power, in the near and far past, exterminated entire civilizations, and groups of people, plundered entire continents, and displaced millions of people. At least the USA tries, most of the time, to give something back, even in Chile...

It's not my country, I'm Canadian...

If you defend the European dictatorships, disguised as democracies, in which major political movements are illegal, then your notions of Democracy are very different from mine.

Besides that, the USA, and all western countries, that are not monarchies, are technically Republics, not Democracies. It has been widely debated whether, or not, true Democracy is possible in modern, very huge, societies. The consensus has been, that it is not. Maybe, in the future, with the Internet, true Democracies can rise. For now, Democracies only happened in very restricted, in terms of size and population, places, like some Ancient Greek City/States. Until then, we are stuck with Republics and Parliamentary Monarchies.

As for the national Ballot representation, I again refer you to two cases, in the recent past, Ross Perot and Ralph Nader...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Sorry, just wanted to pipe in and say...

GO NADER!!!

Hurrah for the sheeple, for you get what you don't think for.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Economic hitmen minor? Tell that to the South American countries, which have had numerous heads of state either deposed or murdered and in some cases hundreds of thousands of people murdered as a result of the interventions of economic hitmen.

But that's another topic and another thread, which I made years ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And where do you see me defending the European dictatorships?
I've never mentioned anything about them in this thread, which would be off-topic anyway.

Ross Perot is a billionaire and campaigned using his own money as far as I iknow, which helped him greatly to be mentioned in the media. And back then the media was still different than it is now. CNN was still an semi-independent news source back in 1992 (under Turner Broadcasting Sytems)

I haven't heard that much in the media on Ralph Nader though. Even in 2000 (as far as I can remember, he didn't get even close to the coverage Bush and Gore got).

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Sorry for not giving too much importance to the fact that a Party had a t least 1% of the vote in Arizona, Utah and Vermont...

Again, this is not a political issue, and your opinions on other parties, or movements don't really matter to me, but I am sure that the KKK, if it wanted, could get more then 1% of the votes in many southern states...

A candidate should only be given national air time, if he/she is a national candidate, and has a proved national appeal...

As you well know, I presume, the Ballot status only applies to the place said status was obtained. So, I assume, Green Candidates will get local media coverage, in the three places where their ballot status applies...

As for your last remark, in a Democracy every point of view should have the same status, and should be respected, not just your favorite points of view...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Economic hitmen minor? Tell that to the South American countries, which have had numerous heads of state either deposed or murdered and in some cases hundreds of thousands of people murdered as a result of the interventions of economic hitmen.

But that's another topic and another thread, which I made years ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I haven't heard that much in the media on Ralph Nader though. Even in 2000 (as far as I can remember, he didn't get even close to the coverage Bush and Gore got).

1) Totally disagree with you on that point (Economic Hitmen). The President of the USA is elected to defend the interests of the USA, American citizens and American interests, and should do so to the best of his ability, and using all resources available to him...
Canada does it, Australia does it, UK, France, and every other country in the world do it. Countries are not, and should not be, charitable, not profiting organizations...(but, like you said, and I agree, that would be off topic).

2) At least Ralph Nader got enough votes, in key states, to steel the election from somebodies hand...(a good job, in my opinion)

3) Totally agree with you on the media issues. The days of the philanthropically minded news owner are long gone, now the Media world is dominated by corporations that have only profit in mind...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join