It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nano car deadlock shows holes in India land policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Nano car deadlock shows holes in India land policy

www.reuters.com

NEW DELHI, Sept 5 (Reuters) - A colonial-era law for land acquisitions in India has helped trip up several industrial projects, including Tata Motors' (TAMO.BO: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) plans for the Nano, adding to calls for reforms to keep investors attracted.

Talks began on Friday to end protests by farmers over the loss of their land to the manufacture of what has been dubbed the world's cheapest car in the eastern Indian state of West Bengal.

The controversy has hurt West Bengal's image as an investment destination, and also reflects a wider conflict between industry and farmers unwilling to give up land in a nation where about two-thirds of the billion-plus people depend on agriculture.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This land acquisition related problem is causing a lot of problem for launching Tata nano

I hope that costs of tata nano do not further rise due to further delays in production

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
mmm well i am sure the enviroment is pleased.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What a development. India can start acting like a big player and outsource this work to another country, may be the US.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
What a development. India can start acting like a big player and outsource this work to another country, may be the US.

depends if there is mass demand for such a car in the USA , this may be remotely possible ....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wow I actually like the car. Good stuff seeing the auto makers all starting to trend toward this miniaturization process. Great news for the environment and us. Looks like a pretty decent car from what I have read. The only thing I did not like were what seemed to me to be pretty small front seat support legs; I am impressed with Tata Motors. Did not know the bought Jaguar Cars. This would be a direct competition with the Mico car just now starting to gain popularity here in the states.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Advantages of TATA Nano:

unit Cost:2500$

maintenance cost are believed to be low
eco friendly

gives high gas mileage- 23 km/per litre

as per gallon, 103.5 km/per gallon or 60 miles+/per gallon

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
THe Indian constitution actually had the fundamental right to property and thee govt couldn't force the landlord to be evicted.Sadly in 1978 is was removed.I see this as a beginning of the Indian revolution against the corporates and the govt.

new topics

top topics

join