It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rasmussen Report shows 51% believe media after Palin.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

What is there to disagree on??? Palin has served as a mayor AND as Governor. As far as that goes she has held "Executive branch" positons at the municiple and state levels. As a result she has held vetoe authority, budget responsibility and had executive authority over the areas she has governed. Obama, on the other hand, has never held executive authority over any body on any level. So, do tell, what exactly are you disagreeing with???

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
First, We disagree on the way the GOP has characterized Obama's leadership roles responsibilites AKA "executive experience" Secondly, we disagree on how the GOP characterizes Palin's experience and third, we disagree that "executive experience" is the end-all-be-all to governing. I think it's elitist to assume that prior management experience is the only measure of capabilty. It's a good indicator, yes, but to say otherwise would lead to a world run by MBA's.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If Barak Hussein Obama was a white man, would we even be having this discussion? Wake up! The man used coc aine, smoked weed. His friends are racsists and terrorists and criminals. As for experience... he has none. I would not trust this man for anything at all. Did you see his interview on O'Reilly. He's such a liar and anyone can tell his contenpt for our nation and military. He thinks he can just talk the Iranians out of a nuke. This is stupidity pure and simple. Do you really trust this man to control the military and the nuclear weaponry. He never "lead" anything. He has 120 days of national political experience. He always votes "present" because he can't make a decision. What a loser. If he were not a black man, Hillary would be the nominee.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
First, We disagree on the way the GOP has characterized Obama's leadership roles responsibilites AKA "executive experience" Secondly, we disagree on how the GOP characterizes Palin's experience and third, we disagree that "executive experience" is the end-all-be-all to governing. I think it's elitist to assume that prior management experience is the only measure of capabilty. It's a good indicator, yes, but to say otherwise would lead to a world run by MBA's.

I never believed that the GOP's characterization was the issue, rather the ACTUAL experience of the candidate's overall. Believe me when I say I am no GOP supporter - I am a die-hard Libertarian first! But you must agree, on it's face, Palin DOES have more experience governing from an executive level - period. I cannot fathom how one could debate such a fact. Whether or not that translates into future performance remains to be seen.

My personal opinion is that we should be electing persons with NO political experience. In fact, I go so far as to say that term limits should be enacted on ALL government service - from politicans down through civil service. Only the military should be exempt with the exception of top commanders - who for obvious reasons should also have term limits placed upon them.

The primary problem with politics today is that these cretins become entrenched and then the graft begins. Take money out of politics and enforce term limits and the problem will begin to resolve itself. This whole "Free Speech" nonsense is bullocks. Free speech allows people to express their opinions publicly without recourse, however, buying elections hardly qualifies!

But I digress... On it's face, Palin certainly has more of the "Qualifications" requisite (By media standards) for an Executive position in the Federal government - about that there is clearly no question.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

It's the height of hypocrisy and irony that the GOP is using the elitist rally cry of "executive experience" all the while calling Obama an elitist. I really hope to hear some push back on this very soon.

How can Obama push back when many of the decisions he was supposed to make were documented as 'present' rather than 'for' or 'against'?

What does a 'present' vote say about Obama's ability to make decisions?

To be fair, I'm quite certain that Obama would make a firm call on any decision that was put in front of him if he were to be in the oval office ... but his 'present' votes were his way of not committing to anything so that he could get into office without having to make a clear stand on any position.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
There's no story linked to it yet, but Drudge has the following up on their website:

Rasmussen: Palin more popular than Obama or McCain...Developing...

Its not the headline, mind you, but its going to be very, very interesting to see what the polls say on Monday or Tuesday, folks, after this fully sets in. Even Rasmussen was on Fox News yesterday saying that the full effect of the RNC wouldn't be felt until early next week.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by vor78]

Here ya go..

Both Obama and McCain are now viewed favorably by 57% of the nation’s voters (see trends). However, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is viewed favorably by 58%--a point more than either Presidential hopeful. Forty percent (40%) have a Very Favorable opinion of her.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
You know, old uncle charlie had an expression:

If you don't want the media to mercilessly crucify you before an entire nation, you might want to hold back on the old daily insults against it.

But what does he know, right?

It's called a reaction.

So, you think the media has a right to get personally offended and slant its reporting based on that?

It doesn't really matter what you and I believe.
It doesn't really matter if they have the right or not.

It's basically like insulting the lady at the DMV, even if you're right it's not gonna help you.
In fact it will make things much much worse.

But you guys can't let go of anything. So you doom yourselves to this condition. And your only response is to turn up the voltage and insult them more.

What can I tell you?

Expectations are the building blocks of disappointment. Does that help?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Expectations are the building blocks of disappointment.

Send that off to the Obama campaign. Hope is one of the planks of his platform.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Speaking of Rasmussen...

Latest:

Saturday, September 6, 2008

US election neck and neck after the ‘Sarah Palin bounce’

John McCain headed into the last 60 days of the US presidential campaign neck and neck with Barack Obama after a “Sarah Palin bounce” appeared to have all but cancelled out the Democrat’s lead in the polls.

With the Republican Party finishing its convention in St Paul believing that victory on November 4 is truly within its grasp, the Rasmussen tracking poll yesterday had Mr Obama on 46 per cent and Mr McCain on 45 per cent.

Mr Obama headed to the battleground state of Pennsylvania last night knowing that he has a titanic fight on his hands to realise his dream of becoming America’s first black president. His aides have said for months that the race for the White House will be close, but Republicans left their Minnesota convention knowing that the contest is now really up for grabs.

(Rest of the article: Times Online)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join