It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shannon's mum charged with kidnap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Shannon's mum charged with kidnap

uk.news.yahoo.com

The mother of schoolgirl Shannon Matthews, who went missing for 24 days earlier this year, has been charged with kidnap and false imprisonment, a court heard.

Karen Matthews, 32, had previously been accused of perverting the course of justice and child neglect.

The extra charges were revealed during a plea hearing at Leeds Crown Court
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/9/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ok , can someone explain how a childs MOTHER can be charged with KIDNAP of her own child?

This really doesn`t make sence at all.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/9/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think the kidnapping charge relates more to the organisation and planning of the kidnapping, rather than actually kidnapping the child.

I hope they lock her up for a long time. What kind of person does that to their own child just so they can sell their story to the papers? Sicko!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I think the kidnapping charge relates more to the organisation and planning of the kidnapping, rather than actually kidnapping the child.

unless they have massive proof it was going to happen - then they are charging her based upon a `thought crime` - which is utter bollocks

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

no, they are charging her with kidnapping her daughter, hiding her out with someone she knew (she was found hidden in the base of a bed in a relatives house), and lying to the UK police and public.
She also tried to get money from the McCann foundation thing, saying they needed it to find Shannon.
She put her daughter presumably through a very very rough time for attention and money.
It's got sod all to do with thought crimes. Which you would know if you had bothered to read any background on this story.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

unless they have massive proof it was going to happen - then they are charging her based upon a `thought crime` - which is utter bollocks

As you just said, how on earth can you charge someone with kidnapping there own child?
It is absurd.
It has alot to do with the unprofessional people you may be dealing with at the time rather than the systems in place.
This is the sad part.
Many of these things happen and when they finally find some decent professional people to look at it, they find of course, its all wrong.
But then the damage has already been done.
And although there is always law suits.
Money never makes up for the damage inside.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
they saw the mccans had received over a million in donations and wanted a bit of that for themselves

They thought the cash would flood in to them and then she would be magically found. At least i hope they were planning on having her found

too stupid to realise they couldnt pull it of

poor kid

new topics

top topics

join