It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people still racist today?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
By the way b.e.t. has been owned by a white guy since 1995. B.e.t. is also very far from most anyone's reality. Anyway, what do you call C.M.T. THEN?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
you must never, under any circumstances, no matter how much it offends you, discriminate against a racist.

You must tolerate his opinions and his right to express them without criticising or deriding them in any way, otherwise you are just as bad as he is.

that's b.s.

racism is a learned behavior, founded on ignorance, fear and hate.
race is genetic, founded in nature/jebus/spaghettimonster.

Please elaborate on your logic behind this odd claim you have just made.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Ye i agree its not always the upbringin or the parents fault its the person who is racist that is in the wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Any racist is a social wimp, they have to be part of a group that belittles another group to feel good about themselves. They have this group mentality, it is like a security blanket. This tells them it's ok to act and be accepted in the group. They feel part of something larger than themselves, like the military.

What is funny about people like this, is they would never be satisfied. I mean if one group is gone for good and all that was left was blonde hair, blue eyed people or the opposite with blacks; any group,etc... they then would turn on each other and discriminate about the smallest intricacies of their being. It really is a retarded system they have.
or turn bisexual because they love themselves so much, haha, so there lies another avenue for discrimination once everyone else is gone. The point is once you start being a bigot, there is no stopping it, where do you draw the line?... no one in this world is perfect.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Optix]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When did we start becoming racist? It seems to be a modern phenomena. Leastway's I've never heard of racism in Roman times - when the Empire encompassed numerous different racial groups (and of course religions) including Africans (who often rose to high office).

As a consequence of the Roman, much of Europe (including Britain) and the Mediterranean area has been multi-racial for 2,000 years.....

So why suddenly start disliking someone because of colour of skin?

All I can think it that it stems from Colonial times and the discovery that most 'primitive' peoples found elsewhere in the world were black or brown skinned, leading to the assumption all black or brown skinned peoples were less intelligent than us mighty Europeans and thus to be looked down on. Including those we'd been living alongside for 2000 years ....

Time to turn back the clock then.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

I know earlier today i was bullied by someone just because im asain and for some reason it hurts alot

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join