learn more

Poland probes possible secret CIA prison

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Poland probes possible secret CIA prison

uk.reuters.com

WARSAW (Reuters) - The prosecutor's office is investigating allegations that there was a CIA prison in Poland where al Qaeda suspects were questioned and guards might have used methods close to torture, the prime minister's top adviser said on Friday.

Polish media reported earlier on Friday that a classified note written by the Polish secret service had proved the existence of a U.S. Central Intelligence Agency base in Poland.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com
article.wn.com
www.iht.com

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
With this coming out and Poland announcing it would host the US missile defense shield, it's apparent that the ties between Poland and US agencies has been stronger than first assumed. The worse thing about this story is that the administration denies any knowledge of this, but then tries to ban the release of information about this case. The Polish people and families of those detained deserve the truth.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Jeez, the finger of the US is everywhere isn't it and the thought of secret CIA prisons scares the crap out of me.

Will we remember these times in twenty years as a time, worse than nazi germany or stalinist russia? Maybe not in body count, but for the sheer ignorance of learning no lessons from our own history.

When will it end?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The prison in Poland have been known about for quite a while.

On YouTube, there is an English (Panorama... I think) documentary on Extraordinary Rendition flights. It was one of the first.

A Polish gentleman detailed the flights in and out of a small aerodrome from within the country.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Mr Gunter]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
yup,i've known about the polish prison for at least a year, it's not the only CIA prison. there's tons of them, this whole "extraordinary rendition" thing is just crazy, the cia basically runs around the world kidnapping and torturing people. dunno how you guys let the gov. away with this, but then again i can't understand how my gov. getting away with supporting it!!

amnesty report

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

That sounds a bit like Mossad. Have the CIA been learning some techniques from the Israeli's? Probably.

the scariest part of the article is that it says "guards might have used methods close to torture". What methods are close to torture? I guess it would be like the the waterboarding and stress positions used in G'tmo. You know, the ones that ARE torture but the US claims they aren't so they must be ok.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i would imagine that particular sentence is phrased to avoid libel, the same way as writing "allegedly corrupt politician" to allow you to print a story where the facts are obvious but unprovable. if you notice further down the reuters story there is a quote stating

"There definitely was cooperation between Polish and American secret services," a source close to the secret service told Reuters. "But whether there was torture at the base, hopefully we will learn about that soon."

this indicates, IMO, that torture was being carried out but no-one has the evidence to make it stick in court. i think water boarding might be mild.

it's also worth remembering that this is possibly political spin and should be taken with a pinch of salt until further details a presented.

top topics

join