It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama V. O'Reily on Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

This was broadcast today on Fox News. According to Bill O', this is part one of the full interview; the rest will be aired next week, so stay tuned. *cough* ...to Fox...

I'll let you good people sort this interview out. The two big-shots mix it up a good little bit.

But not without the requisite niceties. To wit--O'Reilly, on the speech in Denver: "Good speech, by the way..." What a sweetheart.

[edit on 9.4.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

[edit on 9.5.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
That was impressive, I don't like O'Reilly, but you have to give the man credit for being a real meatgrinder in a debate. Anyone who can walk away from a debate with him in one piece has done something exceptional.

I really expected him to low blow Obama into the ground.

It's like getting in the ring with Muhammid Ali and walking out on your own power.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I dunno, it seems that at some points, O'reilly was doing more talking than Obama.

What is interesting is that Obama is a bunch of "uh"s and "umm"s until it gets to the Iraq war part where he seems poised and scrappy about his position. When it got to the Pakistan issue, it went back to the "oh"s and "uhs" again. I wonder what this means?

Maybe Obama should have just cut Bill off and say he would just straight out invade Pakistan like he has said in the past.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Love the talk about Pakistan using US military aid to arm for India.

Another link proving US is instigate war.

We may look back in history and figure that Sept 11, 2001 was the beginning of WWIII.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Of course O'Reilly appeared to be doing more of the talking. It's his show, his editors, HIS ego at stake here.

Had the Senator "cut off" the host, it likely would have been edited out. Again, this is not about presenting the candidate in a, *cough* "fair and balanced" way. It is about O'Reilly's ratings, esp. versus Olbermann.

That said, it'll be interesting to watch the rest of the interview next week. "Coincidentally", Obama will be on Olbermann's show Monday. Expect that interview to be far more, shall we say, "fair and balanced" in the other direction. Oxymoron intended.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ACTORS.

Scripted theatrics for the Bread and Circus, pacifying the masses' political "intellectual" interest.

"oooh they're arguing convincingly about REAL meaningful and relevant issues!"

2 sides
same coin.

same paycheck.

Booooooring.

If you're entrained into this illusion,
you're sitting willingly in the back of Plato's Cave,

Eyes crossed, staring mesmerized into the elaborate silhouettes, of which's puppetry is displayed on the viewing wall for your idle submission's sublimation.

-

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Another downer of a post from ol' prevenge.

Thanks for posting, though!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

I wish Mr. O'Reilly was a better interviewer. He constantly interrupts his guests and over-talks them. He asks provocative questions and then doesn't have the decency to wait for an answer.

I don't watch Fox News or MSNBC anymore. I try to get at least a somewhat balanced report from CNN. The only reason I watched this show was because of Mr. Obama. I plan on watching the rest of the segments. btw it is interesting that Mr. O'Reilly and his producers have stretched out the interview for 3 more nights. It will certainly help their ratings and won't it make the commercial $ponsors happy!

Anyway, OP thanks for getting this video out here for those who may not have seen it on TV.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's my pleasure.

I hear you on not trusting MSNBC to the left, not Fox to the right. And you say CNN's in the middle? I'm glad that you see that, because I sure don't!

You're right about O'Reilly's interview tactics. But he's not making his small fortune by being, ahem, "fair and balanced". Unfortunately, Americans have, to a terrible extent, been dumbed-down into preferring the verbal violence that is cable news over objective, honest journalism.

And so it goes...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hi ITQ. I know what you are saying about O'Reilly and his Jerry Springer tactics. I think it is disgusting to be truthful. It seems that people today don't want to do any thinking for themselves or God forbid "Reading"... There I said it the "R" word.

Oh well....People are getting what they want...it's the law of supply and demand...like the drug cartel, huh? I think that is why Fox News channel is so popular...they tell the people that they are "fair and balanced"...AND THEY BELIEVE THEM!!!!

btw, I just found the link I was looking for...In case you haven't seen this already, check out this post on ATS and see what you think....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
OK, Bill has been asking Obama to come on his show for almost a year now.
Obama has consistently rejected over and over again.

The fact that Obama decided to go on The Factor, on the very same night McCain spoke at the RNC shows Obama's true character, or lack of it for that matter.

Let's face it, Obama has NO CLASS WHATSOEVER!
What a freakin' ungrateful loser, especially after McCain congratulated Obama after his DNC speech.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
reply to post by prevenge

Another downer of a post from ol' prevenge.

Thanks for posting, though!

downer?

upper!

all depends on your point of view, my unquestioning friend.

is it a downer to see outside the box of pretend programmed reality?

I think for most human souls, it would not be.

uppers are more fun than downers anyway.
more adictive though.

but then again if we're all one and we need to create our reality, i should just shut up about all this crap i "see" and play along with the theatrics the cows are given...
in order to lessen the friction of the incoming new paradigms.
because afterall .. I'm excited about the new reality.

dinosaurs WILL die as they say...

ah.. to NWO or not to NWO... THAT is the question..

I'm truly torn.

-

[edit on 8-9-2008 by prevenge]

top topics

join