It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin switched colleges at least 6 times

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
One can defend the second ammendment without having to join one of the biggest Nation Republican Agencies around.

The NRA has nothing to do with the Republican party as even a cursory examination of NRA policies would easily reveal.

In so far as you are so highly accomplished, it would seem that you would appreciate Palin's accomplishments all the more.

Perhaps, life has been too easy for you and maybe 24 years hasn't been enough to teach you about the the harder lessons of life.

Good luck in all you do and I hope you gain better perspective and sense of fairness in your life experience.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

You're right, it all came too easy. Had a kid at 18, my senior year ( even though I sued a condom) go figure that one....

Lost custody of my daughter when the mom was allowed to move out of the state. Later find out the judge was her best friends dad. I was a working actor in LA and gave that all up to move to Vegas with no college degree. It took 2 years of court and 200,000 dollars in lawyers fees to be able to see my daughter 3 nights a week. Through all that, I go to work and finish my ph d..

I know nothing about the hardships of life

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
:bnghd:

*eagerly awaits December*

This is an issue?

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin seems to have switched colleges at least six times in six years, including two stints at the University of Idaho before graduating from there in 1987.
Federal privacy laws prohibit the schools from disclosing her grades, and none of the schools contacted by The Associated Press could say why she transferred. There was no indication any were contacted as part of the background investigation of Palin by presidential candidate John McCain's campaign.

Check out that one small word. SEEMS. That's not even close to stating ANYTHING!!! Pure conjecture on the publishers part. :shk:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think the publisher chose the wrong word. As it seems... they were able to at least verify that she transfered, just not why she did.

And again, I didnt say this was a reason to vote or not for her. Just very odd. thats all. thats is.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yeah not everyone goes to 1 school and finishes. Heck a lot of people will stay at one school and switch majors a few times. Used to date a girl in college who had gone to 4 schools and switched majors at least 6 times. Fairly common practice from what I understand. So this doesn't really change my opinion of her at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
democratic panic...gotta love it...what else can we dig up??

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Palin switched at least 6 times

Not sure if this matters, but 6 times???

No, it doesn't matter, because whatever her reasons she has become successful. She has worked her way up to Governor of Alaska and is on the ticket as VP.

This probably matters less than how Obama was smoking dope when he was younger.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Me thinks that is a lot of application fees.

And i can't even afford one class.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

This probably matters less than how Obama was smoking dope when he was younger.

No I would say it matters about the same amount. Seriously, pot is so passe these days.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Anyone who thinks attending 6 colleges in 6 years is not out of the norm, is just fooling themselves. there's a difference between someone who takes a long time to finally achieve their bachelors degree and someone who goes from college to college 6 times in 6 years.

Who cares if it's out of the norm? Seriously. I would rather have my kids switch around until they found a college they liked instead of sticking it out at a place they didn't like just because it was "the norm."

And there is nothing to defend, unless being part of "the norm" is now suddenly a prerequisite for success.

Who are you to judge anybody else?

Just another thread showing the libs desperation to attack Palin because they know she's a threat. No, not a threat. She the one person who has suddenly derailed Obama's planned coronation and libs can't stand it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My older bother has his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from UT in Texas. The scary thing is. Hold on. *clears throat* The scary thing is, he went to 4 different colleges before that one.

Gosh, I hope he knows knows how to give out medicine properly at the hospital he works at. To think, he actually does rounds with M.D.s and reviews and oversees the medicine that is given to patients. All this after attending 4 colleges before getting his degree, I hope no one finds out.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
"Palin switched colleges at least 6 times"

yow, thats quite an indictment....

anyone remember how obama smoked pot, got liquored up and even snorted coke when he could afford it?

ah yes, quite a guy...

he doesnt have nearly the leadership experience that palin does, but he does know how to party!

now thats experience, duuuuude!

[edit on 5-9-2008 by feydrautha]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The only college that I heard she went for was the University of Idaho. It's one of the reasons why she entered the Wasilla Beauty Pageant in the first place, to earn enough money for UI admission. "She received a bachelor of science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987." Until I hear anything else from an official source, I will take other stories with a grain of salt.

As for Colleges, I could care less about degrees and what not. Obama and his Pastor have more Collegiate Qualifications than an Alumni Board. However, it does not prove ones intelligence, it simply proves that they put in the necessary work to attain the official document.

If we judged individuals by how many times they attempted completion of University learning, or their lack of ability to do so, we would lose out on many of the most gifted minds and personalities that our society has ever had the privilege of knowing. Need I set any example past that of Albert Einstein?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Again, receiving post graduate schooling will autmoatically warrant at leastr one more college. So its comparing apples and oranges.

And what part dont you all get about how I said this prob doesnt matter and its not a reason to vote or not for her. Yet you still attack like this is some desperate ploy at attacking palin.. puh lease, there are plent more issues to attack her on than this. This was just odd. And sure we will hear random stories about how someones friend or brother went o x amount of schools to try and make this seems fine. Its not. Every story so far that involved multiple schools involved years of schooling and post graduate degrees. She received a bachelors... Usually accomplished in 4 years. Took er 6.. Fine. It also took her 6 different schools to get it. Its odd. I dont care what the right wing defenders say. And I would say the same thing about CLinton or Obama if this were the case.

It just so happens Obama received his Harvard law degree, so there not much to debate there.

And about Obama smoking weed? Wow, Palin admitted she did the same.

Obama doing coke? Bush said he did the same. Yawn.....

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

G.W. Bush is the only President to get a master's degree.

Actually, Woodrow Wilson obtained a PhD, which has an implied master's degree.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to I dont care what the right wing defenders say. And I would say the same thing about CLinton or Obama if this were the case.

As long as your hobby is discussing odd things about the candidate's collegiate experiences, you might want to look into Joe Biden's serial plagiarizing. That's odd too.

As for "right wing defenders," what exactly do you think needs defending?

Are you implying that your thread is really an attack that needs defending?

And one more thing... are you really sure about your claims? You're parroting another liberal talking point, but the article says it *seems* like she went to 6 colleges. Did you bother researching beyond this article to find out the truth?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I did Jaime, and from what I can see... She went to 5 colleges. But went to Idaho twice. the reasons behind this, are what is the mystery here.

Biden plagiarizing? I could go into the world of Mccain plagiarizing his war stories but I dont know enough about it. But heres a link.

did mccain take a story?

I wouldnt of brought that up but you brought plagiarizing up with Biden, so tit for tat.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
First of all, only she knows why she transferred. However, many students attend a two-year college first, since in most cases, the tuition is significantly less, in most cases than a 4-year college.

The Associated Press reported this afternoon that Ms. Palin, the first-term governor of Alaska, began her college career at Hawaii Pacific University, where she studied for one semester in the fall of 1982.

From there, she spent two semesters at North Idaho College, a two-year institution; two semesters at the flagship University of Idaho; one semester at Matanuska-Susitna College, a two-year campus of the University of Alaska at Anchorage; and her three final semesters back at the University of Idaho, where she completed her bachelor’s degree in journalism in 1987.

At North Idaho College, she majored in general studies, according to:

news.aol.com...
In other words, she probably wasn't sure what she really wanted to do.

The next two were also two-year colleges. One scenario is that she may have taken journalism courses there, for the reason I mentioned, finally finishing her Bachelor Degree in Journalism at U of Idaha, a 4-year institution.

Of course, only she knows why.
However, as a retired professor, I can tell you that I had many students who followed paths similar to the above.
The bottom line is that she got her degree. That, IMHO, shows determination.

Remember, Bill Gates didn'tr even finish college, and look where he ended up.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

I did Jaime, and from what I can see... She went to 5 colleges. But went to Idaho twice. the reasons behind this, are what is the mystery here.

Biden plagiarizing?

Why bother posting stories on the Huffington Post? Seriously. It's a unabashedly liberal site that has no criteria in terms of the reliability of their stories.

As for Biden, his plagiarizing in college is not a rumor, but a well documented story that at least relates to the candidates' college experiences.

As for Palin going to 5 or 6 colleges or whatever, why should anybody care? Did you see her speech? Do you know she has an 80% approval rating?

I don't care if she NEVER went to college. It's about who she is now, not the path she took to get there.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I wouldnt of brought that up but you brought plagiarizing up with Biden, so tit for tat.

"An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind." -Mahatma Ghandi

Don't you think that who will be the next President and Vice President of the United States deserves a more serious discussion, namely of the important issues of our time?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join