It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin switched colleges at least 6 times

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Palin switched at least 6 times

Not sure if this matters, but 6 times??? sheesh Once a year essentially. But they wont say why. I'd understand moving or something, but 6 times? How on Earth did she finally finish?

This doesnt mean dont vote for her and McCain, but it is rather odd.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You know, I'd hate to say it, but the first thing that comes to mind is promiscuity. I can see her being a bit "loose". Just might be me, though.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 20 Eyes

i doubt that. one can be promiscuous on any college campus and stay. i doubt shed need to move around cause of that. my guess is bad grades, but alas we will never know. but no one can argue how rare and very odd it is.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Varied experience!

Think of all the dropped credits in the transfer processes.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I wanna know , what in the world college number 5 and 6 were thinking. I couldn't even imagine what her transcripts must of looked like.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well, let me put it a bit lighter. The stigma of being a "party girl" would and could damper most hopes for a political future. From my, um, standpoint, a lot of Right/Repub women like to party, "so to say".
My opinion, of course. Yet she looks the part. Plus the moral standard she shows her offspring comes to mind......

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hey bub you are talking about the incarnation of the great earth mother, Dionisis, Diana goddess of the hunt. Didn't you watch the fertility ritual?

She is the fertility symbol of the fourth reich.

Don't mess with the great mother of all the "Nation First Warriors" of the next generation!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

I think that's why I have a crush on her. It wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with that, right?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
Hey bub you are talking about the incarnation of the great earth mother, Dionisis, Diana goddess of the hunt. Didn't you watch the fertility ritual?

She is the fertility symbol of the fourth reich.

Don't mess with the great mother of all the "Nation First Warriors" of the next generation!

One of the oddest posts Ive seen here in the political forums...

thanks for the laugh

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This is the most superfluous Palin thread of all.

Who cares how many schools she attended?

It really matters not academically and except for the freshman composition course, almost all credits will transfer between accredited schools. I tested out of freshman comp at my second school after 14 years and I think most can do the same, if they worked at all in the first course they took.

It's not the kind of thing I'd want to do, but the important matter is that she graduated and got the experience of attending that many schools in some interesting places.

College is a time of transitions. Most students change majors about twice. Very many will transfer at least once, maybe more, if there are junior or community colleges involved.

Some students have adjustment problems and have to be put on probation. Some have to skip a semester to get their ducks in a row.

I only attended two colleges, but it took me 10 semesters and 16 years to get my Bachelor's degree.

Life doesn't play out the same for everyone and very many take circuitous routes on the road of life.

[edit on 2008/9/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

A feeble attempt at defending Palin.. but no surprise as you have done it on every other palin thread.

Anyone who thinks attending 6 colleges in 6 years is not out of the norm, is just fooling themselves. there's a difference between someone who takes a long time to finally achieve their bachelors degree and someone who goes from college to college 6 times in 6 years.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

That is the road you went down, GradyPhilpott. Not the road she went down.
Are you a Politician, holding a position in your community? It just seems pretty suspect to me all this jumping around by Mrs. Palin. What you may have done to get your degree has nothing to do with it. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I've been to five colleges. I have almost completed 3 separate degrees. So what?

There are plenty of good reasons to not want her in a position of power. This isn't one of them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

You completing 3 separate degrees and being to 5 colleges, is still much different than palin going to 6 different colleges in 6 years. How do you not see that? Im not using this as a reason to not vote for her, if you read the OP I clearly state that.

Its just very odd. And I know that dems will back other dems, and repubs will back other repubs... But cmon. No matter what party you are, when you hear someone went to 6 different colleges in 6 different years, and the out come is 1 degree, there are question marks.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
G.W. Bush is the only President to get a master's degree.

I don't think the amount education one receives is really a good argument on who could be the best President.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Colleges and universities are BUSINESSES. If your mechanic, doctor, lawyer, grass-cutter, or handyman were not giving you what you wanted, would you continue using them, or try out a new one? People, ESPECIALLY students, tend to forget that. Professors are basically sub-contracted "educators".

If a college does not provide you with what you are wanting, then have no hesitation in firing them, just like you would anyone else who didn't give you your money's worth. Most colleges and Universities are utter crap when it comes to an actual education, and not indoctrination anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
A feeble attempt at defending Palin.. but no surprise as you have done it on every other palin thread.

Why does Palin's college attendance need defending?

I didn't say her college experience was normal, in fact I said just the opposite.

It was highly unusual.

Nevertheless, it is completely irrelevant to anything of importance.

I suppose you're Mr. Average Guy, for whom everything has fallen into place according to the norm.

Remember this this. Norms are formed from aggregate statistics that have much broader ranges than the figures often reveal without an understanding of central tendencies.

So, while Palin's college career might not meet the norm, there are a lot of folks like her who do things differently and somehow get lost in the statistics.

I would have to question your priorities given the fact that I've not seen you fault Palin on one single solitary pertinent issue.

Palin got a degree, is raising a family, served as a mayor, serves as a governor, hunts, fishes, belongs to the NRA, and now she is on the national stage as a candidate in a national political campaign with a bright, optimistic message for all Americans.

What have you done?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I'd understand moving or something, but 6 times? How on Earth did she finally finish?

Ut oh. I better never run for office. I went to 8 different schools, not necessarily transferred each time, but took classes at multiple schools, over a period of 7 years getting my B.S. in Psych. I had four 'official transfers during that time.

As for my Masters, that was a 3 year program and I only attended two schools. Guess I did better during that time.

There are many reasons for transferring and promiscuity is not one of them. I was a 'party girl' to be sure, but hardly promiscuous. I had a steady boyfriend the entire time I was working on my BS.

Switching around to different schools was the best thing I could have done to figure out what setting worked best for me. I was blessed that my parents were footing the bill and I had the ability to transfer all over the place without having to worry about student loans, living expenses etc. I only hope that I can afford to pay for my 4 children to have the same college experienceS that I had (if they need to go to 20 different schools, so be it!).

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
OH MY GOD!!!

6 WHOLE COLLEGES!!!

Certainly she must be hiding something. Maybe she was a spy for a competing college and was gathering intel on their curriculum. Or maybe she was in danger of flunking out of each one and transfered to avoid being expelled. Or maybe she didn't like the coaches of the debate teams. Or maybe the food in the cafeteria sucked. Or maybe... just maybe... she felt like it.

How FREAKING stupid!
This is what partisan politics gets you - CRAP!
I'm no Repub and I'm no Dem - pure Independent all the way but I am smelling EXTREME desperation by the Dem supporters when they have to dredge this deep, for something this trivial and stupid in an attempt to bring a candidate down. You should be ashamed at how pathetically weak this is.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What have I done? Last time I checked, this wasn't about me. Im not being considered for the second highest office in the land. I get what you were trying to do however, but another member of the masses calling me out doesnt make much sense.

As for my schooling.. 2 schools and about to get my ph d. Undefeated highschool debater. Was a member of my college's student gov. Proud father, Home owner, making 6 figures. And im 24. So I'd say Ive done a lot. And Im a proud non member of the NRA. I have no clue why you would lump member of the NRA in her list of accomplishments. Surely, being mayor of a town is worlds above being an NRA member

One can defend the second ammendment without having to join one of the biggest Nation Republican Agencies around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join