It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of the Queen in music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am unsure of how to start this topic without it being rather abrupt but what the heck here goes.

The other day there my father told me to have a listen to Queen. Good music i think.

I couldnt help however, looking a little deeper into the lyrics. It seems the thing that seems to go on with new artists being analysed so why not analyse this?

I will give some examples of what I am about to write about here,

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

first of all, these songs speak of "one vision", "real life", "invisible man", "one goal" etc

If you look at a lot of other queen songs this is the case in almost all of them.

The other strange thing that I note is that every almost every music video has a part that features three band members with one missing and every single time it is Freddy Mercury that is not in the scene.

What I am wondering is this. The lead singer clearly has charisma, talent but sings unusual lyrics etc.
Is it possible that this guy was trying to tell everyone about whats really going on or could be some sort of preacher etc.

I was born in the 80's so I never experienced this band in my past but looking back at the past it seems that they let an unbelievable army of fans and I have yet to meet someone who would say that there music was not good.

The 80's was not a phase of manufactured pop like nowadays so how could these guys come up with such lyrics etc?

Have a little dig at all of there songs as they are pretty deep to say the least.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by XXXN3O]

[edit on 4-9-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
As a BIG Queen fan (I have every album, single, concert and raritey ever released, and I have a replica of Brian Mays guitar and amp
) I had to comment on this post.

Trust me when I say there is no hidden meanings in any of their songs, except for those that the band members were trying to express from their own lives.

Freddie Mercury was always one for theatrical performances, and yes, some of their lyrics, especially from the earlier albums (listen to great king rat, lol) were a bit bizarre, but then Queen was trying from the very start to be different.

All four members of the band wrote the various songs, Freddie Mercury had the likes of Bohemian Rhapsody, Brian May wrote the heavier rockier stuff like hammer to fall, John Deacon wrote the funky stuff like another one bites the dust and Roger taylor was responsible for the likes of radio gaga (after his kid said radio gaga listening to the radio).

The songs with the more bizarre lyrics were usually the product of Freddie, and it was just for fun, to be different.

He was a great man, with one of the finest voices of all times, and his music will live on forever, just a shame he's not with us anymore.

BTW, if you are going to listen to more, I would suggest the earlier stuff, absolutle quality.

One hidden message as well, in the song Those were the days of our lives, the last song he featured in a video for as he was very illl by that point, at the end he whispers "i still love you", that was for the fans.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Thanks for clearing that up lol

Its not my topic of expertise as such but I find the group interesting to say the least

Cheers

new topics

join