It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama/McCain General Election News and Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Okay, I'm posting this because there are a Million threads on the issue and, the whole debate is spiraled out of control

I am asking everyone in here to post Anything that is not a Big Central issues that requires it's own thread or those who just want to argue comments on the Election in this one Thread and not Post senseless Threads on the subject for minor news articles

A: the debate can't even be had across these threads

B: It's turning ATS into a nightmare and it's a conspiracy site and ... as Mods have pointed out, this stinks for ATS and I think we all know it stinks for us too

C: I can't even locate other topics anymore it's ridiculous and ugly

So Please, Make this the place where you post Any And All comments, ideas, thoughts about this topic, new info, rumors all of it... updates

It's easy this way and more fun and a better Fight

And

As Much as I like to hear myself talk too... your opinion on the same subject doesn't need it's own headline for every brillinant revalation you all have, neither do mine.

So Please, in a one tiny attempt at Friendship and civility before we start killing each other in here... Just do this one thing and Make ATS a normal place for truth seekers of ALL topic matter

One super thread, simple easy For GENERAL information that truely does not Have to have it's own thread

I'm going to drop my last post in here in a moment to start things off... on why I like Mc Cain Palin, Holy cow I am going to be reamed...

GO!

[edit on 4-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am going to vote now where I was not going to vote before. (If I did McCain was my choice)

But wasn't 100% satisfied

I can understand where in terms of war ending and in terms of What Bush did and for no damn good reason at all and the economy

McCain doesn't offer much

But I also understand that Obama doesn't offer anything either and worse, I think his whole "Change" is exactly what we don't need

Because, Reality check...the debt wil take forever to clean out, we have passed peak oil, there is a major conflict over control of the substance and... we are already moving to alternative energy

Nothing, no one is going to change the political realities or the economic ones, the president or economy doesn't much change anything for the poor and the rich and copanies will be paying this damage off regardless of who is in charge, that's the way it is

So i'm ZEROED on anything changing Politically War wise or Economically, anything said on these topics is a lie

We will not leave Iraq and let Iran have it

We will not get rid of this debt 40% tax on the rich or 45% it's the arte of monthly/yearly payment and those really paying it should decide

We will not avoid war if Oil is needed

WE will suffer whatever attacks and affront come at us as a result of Bushes idiocies no matter who is in charge

Nothing changes, we will be in the same boat politically and economically despite what promises are made

And to me... Obama is the Big Over Promiser more so than Mc Cain

Aside from that what the President can Change and will is Social Direction

I have one true thought on the election that being the case...

Whats done is done... socially my method, what I am prepared for, to fix the ills in my life and around me... what I have in my head given the awful reality of a war that is not going away, a cultural and oil dispute globally and all the rest...

Is to be Conservative, with my money, with my life, with my behavior, with everything...

If the economy does and will suck no matter what and inflation on food and transpo is brutal and war and threats may only get worse no matter what

It's a time for... fixing within, many of the issues I am not a huge fan of, the abortion debate, or alot of it...

But, Wars need babies, Obama can't fix a global oil crisis and create peace on Earth, a Bad economy means...limiting excess, a screwed up environment means you have to save and not waste etc, etc, et al

live a conservative life and...frankly we ARE decadent

I am not at all concerned right now with, the sexuality Of things, the debate on culture, freedoms of Behavior...

My need is having children, to survive and be okay... barring Nuclear war which we can argue forever about "could you survive"

a depression, a war in which we are struck in some manner, an escalation, and a life that allows security and safety, living away from targets, holding onto money, stocking up, keeping my kids out of harm... criminal activity, psycho shooting, American behavior and violence and sex and Me Me Me is out of control and it costs alot and it is not the time right now

Right now...Americans would do better to follow a system of values that (even if sometimes hypocritical) keeps their lives conservative and they will do better in what I would bet anything is going to be very rough times ahead at the very least

No president can control this spiral

so if how we live is up as the choice and it is... I want to be able to lead a a conservative life, I'm with the Lady in the Woods, the survivalists, prayer and family and hope and conservative living ...Right now...these next 4 years

And do I agree with individual belief systems... If I had the debate with Palin or McCain about my, largely self created, religous views... we wouldn't directly agree

But, I can avoid that debate right now in life and... agree that a certain set of values, traditional, conservative will, enable our survival and prosperity and finance and lifestyle better

And in the end, my overall take on it

We are going to be at war the next 4 years, worse war, bigger war, awful war

Why? Because the rest of the world is not American and One week after Obama gets in the Ayatollah wont be saying "Hey the Black guys coming over all is forgiven!"

Was Bush right about anything NO

But now the hornets nest is all stirred up, there isn nothing Barack can do about it his concept that him having an Islamic name and not being Bush will calm things down...no

Because looking at Americans, especially, Gay Marriage going through, more social liberalness, all of it... we will still be hated by the extremists, they will use any door now after Bush who created this self fulfilling Prophecy and use it

We are screwed, Russia is wide awake again, world opinion of us sucks...

"I'm Black I can talk to them" is NOT going to stop this... It is a false hope, Other coountries will go right after the Oil as soon as we leave, Russia, Iran... Isreal is out of control so is Iran...

I want a guy who doesn't want war, but has been in one before in charge, Mc Cain is the better guy for a fight, both to fight it and to hopefully bow out without looking weak, slowly, with stregnth

I'm Sorry I'm with the Lady with the shotgun and a Bible right now...

Abortion I usually in life (although not for me personally) was pro choice

I have One line to say...

"Sparta will need sons"

a joke, but about a serious issue of manpower vs... Billions maybe

This wont be over because we elect a Liberal who wants peace... In America we still adress Race issues 50 years after the civil rights movement, as i pointed out elsewhere, "a portion" of Blcack America commits crimes against whites 50 years later at 20-1 ratio in some years of White gainst Black

In America, with our, short term memory, self indulgent lifestyle, relative comfort by comparisson

This ..what Bush started will not end, it's a long time before the depleated Uranium will be gone, like decades long for all intents and purposes

My concern is a lifestyle centered around stregnth and survival, we are not going to be able to just "walk away" from what went on

and this is no time for inner conflict over past American issues, no time for the race debate to be fueled etc, etc... no time to worry baout our sex lives or party habits...

This is no party these years coming up

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
And

Just Like Mc Cain was a POW for his country

I am going to take a bullet for this Forum because I know by posting about Mc Cain first I am going to be tortured and like a good POW I want some medals for this!

GO

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Personally I don't understand all the hate either. These two guys believe in the same thing.

I know, maybe you Republicans and Democrats can get your cake and eat it too. Here's a solution; have McBamba be on the same ticket!! President Mcain and Vice President Obama.

You both could share power. The first couple of years we can have Mcain drag this country down by continuing the status quo of maintaining the welfare, warfare state. He can continue the policy of cronyism by having the Oil industry dictate who we could bomb next. After that the last couple of years we can have Obama really flush this country into the toilet. He too can continue the welfare warfare state; were he could let his cronies in the Bio-Fuel industry dictate who we should sanction because of cheaper made Ethanol, elsewhere. Obama, can then continue the policy of bringing democracy around the world.

Now you guys, Kiss and Make NICE, why HATE, WHEN together YOU can both destroy this country.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
LOL, funny. TY for posting, I seriously hope people will listen to me and use this, the debate can't even function the way things are with everyone posting threads every five minutes.

Really I just wanted to talk some paranormal today and you can't even sort through the "recent posts" page

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Rofl come on... This makes sense, you know it does

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The problem with just one thread is that is hard to keep up with the subject that its been discussed at the moment. Its hard to keep with the breaking news of the moment. I share your sentiment as far as too many threads the message gets lost but on the other hand people have the opportunity to choose what topics are they willing to discuss going straight to the point rather than scrolling through pages upon pages of something that they are not interested about.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Bunch]

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

lol okay ... fair enough, but it is ridiculous obviously like tonight there is a good reason maybe for a ... Mc Cain Speech Thread per say

But this is really to eliminate, the McCain water bottle thread and the , alot of people don't like this topic so i'll make 13 threads on it threads and Palin went to church, and all the rest

A Main general thread then... obviously if it is important...

But we can eliminate, alot of the clutter and particular a spot for those that just, want to fight over the election

maybe ONE thread, yeah not enough sure...

But we can help to... make it less than 500

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

No disrespect intended.
But you do realize the majority of the election posts are in the political discussion forums?

It would be like posting in the UFO forums "Stop posting so many UFO threads, just post all future information from now on in my topic/thread".

I use the following link as my entrance to ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Has everything separated by topic. Just click on the respective forums.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I Edited the Thread Title and changed it to General Election News and Debate

Good advice, point well taken, if we can at least reduce the rubbish to central themes I agree that would be plenty

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by justme2

Yeah... I just changed this to General

and while I am at it... please advice from more experienced or mods... will be taken

I only wish to reduce the number od senseless threads and make at least a good central place for minor articles and debates...

We have 2 months left and alot of people are posting things in new threads that really don't need a thread and it will only get worse...

LOL I can retitle it Rubbish I want to hear myself spout and fights for the sake of fighting if people wish... so long as we can drop the number of threads

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by justme2

And you know I just caught what you meant...

yeah there are other places, I go to most recent... so I am looking at this differntly than others...

and this doesn't have to work in 1 hr either, if over all we could work together and inform in order to drop the number of threads and clean things up a bit, that would be cool for everyone

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

but on the other hand people have the opportunity to choose what topics are they willing to discuss going straight to the point rather than scrolling through pages upon pages of something that they are not interested about.

I agree with you, Bunch. There are just too many topics. It's much easier to go straight to the points that interest you if it is broken into different threads.

top topics

join