It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FIAT currency, Tyranny and Presidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is a good short video that covers many points required to understand the scam that is the federal reserve system.

This three part episode explores the role and influence of the world central banks and its unique effect on a democratic society. This episode recognises the many 'devices' that have been used historically to suppress a people, following the revocation of individual liberty and freedom. This episode proposes a new and unprecedented device, hidden deep in the misconception of 'currency' by which individual liberty can be usurped from the people.

This episode also explores the sinister connection behind mass media complicity, banking interests and the foiled presidential attempts to reveal the truth.

It also introduces Ron Paul (Republican Presidential candidate), as a defining character in US/World politics representing an ever-growing portion of people that are slowly becoming aware of the conceits of a FIAT currency system and its connection to a planned/deliberate tyranny.

Included are some key speeches of Dr Ron Paul in one of his debates.

RIP Aaron Russo
(February 14, 1943 -- August 24, 2007)

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'd really like someone who mentions the beauty and efficiency of the gold standard to actually look at what such a system would mean today.

Like virtually any other industry, the gold mining industry is controlled by a few corporations. Every year, members of this oligopoly gets even fewer.

Wouldn't these companies control the economy if a Gold Standard was reinstated?

I'm not a fan of FIAT currency backed by debt, but please look at the results of a gold standard before preaching for a return to it.

It seems a FIAT currency not backed by debt, like the notes issued by Abraham Lincoln would be a more likely alternative.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Wouldn't these companies control the economy if a Gold Standard was reinstated?

Mining companies contribute to the overall inventories of gold and silver. Foreign ownership rules here in Canada allow countries outside to come in and buy up mining companies and other natural resource companies this is the problem.Mining companies still have huge overhead and must pay their expenses out of what they produce on a monthly bases. There usually is a gold pour once a month.This is something that under a gold standard could be regulated. I don't share your concerns about them being able to control the economy. I do agree with you that a currency like colonial script would work well also.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Great video my friend. I just got a look at it and it is well laid out. Star for you

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through
inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding
illegal, as was done in the case of gold .... The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no
way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves. This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists’ tirades
against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the ‘hidden’ confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the
way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." – Alan Greenspan, Gold and
Economic Freedom

new topics

top topics

join