It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service confiscates books & buttons from Ron Paul delegates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Secret Service confiscates books & buttons from Ron Paul delegates

www.dailynewscaster.com

Today at the Republican National Convention, as the Ron Paul Delegates were taking a picture in front of the model White House inside the Convention Center, they were surrounded by Secret Service which proceeded to search the bags of all the delegates. They took any and everything related to Ron Paul including signs, buttons, videos, slim jims, cards, even books.

“We were done taking the picture when Secret Service started walking into the room and surrounded us. There were about 30 of them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Ron Paul delegates report that they have been shadowed by Secret Service since the begining of the Republican National Convention at the Xcel Center, since the confiscation of their political materials they are now being followed openly with an agent assigned to each delegate. For their own safety they have decided to stick together as a group while approaching the media with their story.

This is incredible, I'm not sure if i'm surprised or not, I just guess I hoped nothing of the sort would have happened yet.

www.dailynewscaster.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The freedom and liberty minded, protectors of the constitution, guardians of our rights...

dangerous minds are we.

Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's been a bad week for freedoms, with SS harassing people for their politics, and mainstream and alternative press alike (ABC and Amy Goodman) being arrested, and they are just the ones I know about.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If you show up at the RNC wearing a Ron Paul button and/or carrying Ron Paul information you WILL be searched, your political materials WILL be confiscated, you WILL be followed and you will have a file created on you. If you are a member of any protest group outside the RNC you will be documented and a file will be created on you if there isn't already a file. If you are a reporter and they do not want you there you WILL be arrested and charged even though you may not be found guilty.

We have to face the facts, this IS the way our nation is run. If this story comes as a surprise to you then should just go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
We have to face the facts, this IS the way our nation is run. If this story comes as a surprise to you then should just go back to sleep.

in any other country in the world this would be a surprise that would probably lead to civil unrest... Why is it that if this is a surprise to people they should go back to sleep? Should they not Wake up and fight?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ongoing news discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join