It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7 Gas on the Horizon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

$7 Gas on the Horizon?

blogs.abcnews.com

ABC News’ Scott Mayerowitz reports: Could we see $7 a gallon gas soon?
First Baumohl says there is “a high probability” that Israel will carry out a strike against Iran before the end of 2008 and that it will most likely commence between September and November.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
How would you get around with gas at $7 bucks a gallon? Would you starve? Take the bus?
Do you think it's coming?
Personally, I say it's gotta be on the way, but I think Iran will give the US lots of trouble in this battle, but find themselves unable to survive Israel's nuclear weapons in the end.

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Actually without even Israel trying to bomb Iran I see the prices getting again in the rise after the elections.

I predicted in this boards that the gas would go down during the campaign months but as soon the elections are over we will see.

I may be wrong or I may be right we just have to wait and see.

BTW an Israel attack on Iran will depend on who will win the US elections and will happen only after the elections.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

First Baumohl says there is “a high probability” that Israel will carry out a strike against Iran before the end of 2008 and that it will most likely commence between September and November. So why then? American politics, of course. “No previous American president has been as supportive of Israel than George W. Bush. However his term is coming to an end and many Israeli officials doubt the relationship will be as close with the next Administration,” Baumohl wrote. And any strike after the election runs the risk that a war would drag into the new term of the next president, something that no new president wants and that could sour U.S.-Israel relations.

I thought that was a pretty good point, why do you think it would only happen after elections?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Gas isn't going to go to $7 a gallon. The only reason I pictured gas going up was from the hurricane, and it turned out to be okay. Gas is going to continue to steadily drop, it wont even hit $4 by the end of 2008.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

For the same reason that the article said but with a twist, Bush is already a gone president he is just sitting waiting for elections and he will not do any decisions at international level.

If McCain win the elections Israel will have the support it needs for an attack, but if Obama win they will not.

But they can force US to come alone if they attack.

Israel can not count on Bush or Cheney anymore.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I donno, there is alot of talk about Bush suspending the elections.. We still have a few months to see this happen..

But I think something might happen soon, for we are not afraid of things as much as we used to be.. you know.. 9/11 has worn off..

So who knows.. I dont see gas going up either... I think they are trying to phase it out.. this new energy crap like biodesiel and hydrogen and solar crap might start taking off... They are just trying to rape us s bit more before that takes effect tho..

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here in MS, gas prices are on the front of everyone's minds. Prices started dropping in league with the reductions in cost per barrel and speculators. However, as soon as the word "Hurricane" was mentioned on public media, the prices started going back up. This is in contrast to the fact that crude oil prices were and are still slipping ever closer down, currently around $107 USD per barrel.
It is leveling off in the wake of the AG pronouncing criminal investigations possible for any company caught price gouging during this years severe storm season.

So, now they take the cost of crude out of the equation and just charge what ever the heck they think people will pay. Prices go up at the pumps and down on the market. It makes about as much sense as letting the schoolyard bully run rampant taking the lunch money from every kid and then feed him for free. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The price of gas is dropping here in New Mexico, but the fact is that geopolitical forces could force them up again.

Personally, I don't care what the price of gas is when it comes to doing what is right in the world.

If the price of cheap gas is a renegade Iranian government threatening the world with nuclear holocaust or worse, blasting Israel into oblivion, then I'll walk or take the bus.

Besides, the Democrats are telling us that alternative energy is standing at the gate ready to take over mean old Mr. Oil's dominance over the world economy.

Who need oil?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Besides, the Democrats are telling us that alternative energy is standing at the gate ready to take over mean old Mr. Oil's dominance over the world economy.

Who need oil?

Are you being sarcastic or serious when you say this?

Regarding the OP, I hope gas doesn't go to $7 or else I'll have to rethink that new Challenger. >$4 to $7 is a long way to go from now until the end of 08. Barring some sort of crazy disaster involving WW3 I don't see it happening.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

It's sarcasm.

The Dems are telling us that we don't need to drill for our own oil because alternative energy will fill the gap before we can get the oil on line, which is the biggest lie in history.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Its already like $10 a gallon where I live here in Hungary.
Gas has always been around that price it seems here in Europe though.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

reply to post by sc2099

It's sarcasm.

The Dems are telling us that we don't need to drill for our own oil because alternative energy will fill the gap before we can get the oil on line, which is the biggest lie in history.

Actually I think the opposite is the case.
The biggest lie is that it would take forever to transition.

Dont get this wrong...not picking on you at all.
Just merely pointing out that its not in the interest of business to turn around quickly to another energy souce.

The resources are more than there, its more about infrastructure and mind set.
Perhaps that is what your referring to...if so, then your right...it is the biggest lie.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think you are right. It is a lie that transition has to take a lot of time. It doesn't. I'm not saying it will happen with the snap of a finger but it sure can happen faster than it is right now.

It takes a real concerted effort to make it happen quickly. The problem is that it is being slowed by people with other interests other than what is best.

There are manufactured electric cars already on the road, doing well in the city. Some conversions could already fair well on the highway. Maybe not longer distances, but they could commute to work and back. And there are electric cars in the works that are supposed to have a good range, with great performance.

How much power does the oil company have if we refuse to buy their fuel, or at least make massive cuts in our petrol consumption? You can do that with alternatives. It's already possible to do this. We, as individuals, first and foremost must make the commitment to do something about it. Put aside funds and convert a car to be electric. Make biodiesel. Get or make solar panels. It just has to become a priority. Put it in our budget. Don't wait for the big 3 auto makers to make it happen, because the "best" they are really putting out right now is a hybrid, which is a bit over-hyped in my opinion.

Troy

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

reply to post by sc2099

It's sarcasm.

Sometimes it's hard to tell online. I agree with you, it is silly to believe that there is a complete replacement for oil and all we have to do to get it is vote Democrat. But some people do believe it...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I too made a thread about this exact subject a few months back.. For those interested the thread is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it hilarious how John McCain has windfarms in one of his recent TV commercials yet as a Senator he has literally voted against every bill that could potentially build them. I see this is as an attempt at pandering to our energy concerns. There has been, literally, no political ground gained to alleviate our energy problems when all these solutions are sitting right under our noses. The lift of the oil drilling ban by President Bush is not a permanent solution and it is debatable whether it will effect oil prices at all.

It will be yet another boon of the Bush legacy that in 8 years in office, nothing was done to preempt an inevitable energy crisis and NOTHING was done to prepare this country economically for the hardships they knew would eventually take hold of every family in America. What we are seeing now is the result of political and economic negligence. The entire economic system we have in place doesn't make any sense.

I have a couple of very important videos that everyone should know about.

"The Most IMPORTANT Video You'll Ever See (part 1 of 8)"

"Ron Paul 0wnz the Federal Reserve"

"Ron Paul Financial Services Hearing - July 10, 2008"

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I wish I was an analyst so I could say something like "expect 35 dollar gas" and laugh as I read about it the next day in the papers.

What a load of ass.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
YEsss... I hope so.

I told many of my friends years ago that "I bet on chaos".

This was my response to them after asking me why I don't put my investments into a bank.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Why are Americans always bitching about the price of petrol, here in the UK its about the equivalent of $11 a gallon. And as the US are the biggest oil consummers why should they not pay more. They have been getting a free ride up till now its about time they paid the real price for fuel instead of getting it cheap for decades.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Why are Americans always bitching about the price of petrol, here in the UK its about the equivalent of $11 a gallon. And as the US are the biggest oil consummers why should they not pay more. They have been getting a free ride up till now its about time they paid the real price for fuel instead of getting it cheap for decades.

People all over the world are pissed off. Not just in America or UK. And in some locations in the U.S. the prices of a gallon of gasoline is actually over 11 dollars a gallon like in remote native villages here in Alaska (just as an example) where it can easily be around $12-$15 a gallon. During winter, here in Alaska, you have to let your cars warm up for about 10-15 minutes in the morning before you can even go anywhere. Then you have home heating costs on top of what it costs to run your vehicles and heating oil is expected to be around 9 dollars a gallon this winter (if not more).
You can't save money on heating oil in the winter because up here it isn't necessarily just a matter of saving your money and conserving by using other heating options. Having or not having heating oil can easily be a matter of life or death for some families. And living in your car because you can't heat your home would really suck. Especially since it can get 50 below zero or colder for weeks on end. Some families are more prepared than others. Take a look at this photo I took a couple months ago of my neighbor's house across the street. This sais it all..

Our state produces the oil but in order to get gasoline up here, most of our oil has to be shipped out, refined elsewhere, shipped all the way back up to alaska and delivered to the gas stations. Then, the price of that gasoline skyrockets because the oil companies have to make up for what they pay in higher gas prices for transporting that fuel back and forth (most of it is trucked from what I understand). It's ridiculous. That's why we are the biggest producers of oil in the union but pay some of the highest prices (just depending on where you live).

And if you want to get technical, nothing will ever really get done in Washington unless people actually complained once in a while. Energy and the economy are the biggest issues in this presidential campaign because people are having a very hard time.. Many people are losing or have already lost their homes, the price of gasoline makes it more expensive to travel, and then EVERYTHING we buy in the U.S. is more expensive because companies have to make up for the cost of gasoline somehow. There are obviously other causes for the current economic situation, but these are the biggest concerns from what I've seen.

One of the other reasons people are complaining about the price of gasoline is because we have a president who has been in office for 8 years but has done nothing to prepare for, deal with, or otherwise properly address the issues of energy and the economy. The value of the dollar is smaller than it has ever been since the dollar was first being printed. All these issues make people very nervous. And being in the UK you may not directly feel the effects of the economic situation in the U.S. but we DO live in a global economy in which all of these economic issues are inevitably linked to the well-being of the GLOBAL economy.

-ChriS

[edit on 5-9-2008 by BlasteR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join