It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Camera Shy Big Brother

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Whenever I hear that Big Brother is taking over, I get rather excited about the prospect of free gin.
As of yet I haven't received any.
I guess there must be problems down at the Miniplenty.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

from the link you provided just to clarify..

police.homeoffice.gov.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">police.homeoffive.gov.uk

Power to detain:

Power to detain a person whom a CSO has reason to believe has committed a relevant offence who fails to comply with a requirement under paragraph 1A(3) to give name and address or who gives an answer which the CSO reasonably suspects to be false or inaccurate for up to 30 minutes for the arrival of a police officer (or to accompany that person to a police station if he or she elects to do so on request). Under paragraph 2(2) (as amended by Schedule 8 to the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005) a CSO may only be designated with the power to detain if they have also been designated with the power to require name and address under paragraph 1A of the Police Reform Act 2002.

Power to use reasonable force in relation to detained persons:

Paragraph 2(4A) of Schedule 4 to the Police Reform Act 2002 places a duty on CSOs to remain with a police officer when transferring a detained person to his or her custody until the police officer has control of the detained person. Paragraph 2(4B) places a CSO accompanying a detained person to a police station under a duty to remain at the police station untilhe has transferred control of the detained person. If a CSO is designated with paragraph 4ZB of Schedule 4
then he or she may use reasonable force in complying with duties under 2(4A) and 2(4B). If a CSO is designated with paragraph 4ZA then he or she may use reasonable force when exercising powers under paragraphs 2(3B), 2(4), 7A(8) or 7C(2)(a).

Not only do these glorified hall-monitors have the power to use 'reasonable force' (but according to who's definition of 'reasonable'?) but it is also apparently an offence to fail to consent to a search of the person!

Question:

If you see a police/CS officer committing an offence...such as a mounted officer's steed fouling a public highway, a police dog defecating in a public space, an illegally parked patrol vehicle, etc, do we have the right to perform a Citizen's Arrest on that officer? and how would be the best way to go about it?

[edit on 8-9-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
"What is now proved was once only imagined."
William Blake

In other words, you will (and others have been working on it) create your destiny by your fears and/or hopes. Good luck. I choose to dwell on the truth, hope, and ultimately freedom that I cannot attain for each of you, but rather for myself and only by my own will.

You keep bringing up this "truth" - but when I ask you for it, you stop reading my posts in response to you...

Why is that?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

hmmm, sorry. Must have missed the posts in which you keep asking me about the truth.

Since one of the videos that ppl are sooo upset about is the one containing the arrest of Amy Goodwin, why don't we talk about the truth there.

I have gone and watched about 6-8 videos of this arrest along with a couple videos where she speaks about it after her release as does her fellow lying journalists.

1. The cops were already agitated because as another video showed, protestors had just (literally a couple of moments prior to the arrest) tried to push their way through a line of cops on bikes pushing one of the cops to the ground... in which case, NONE of those cops struck back or exerted any force on the protestors, but rather just stood their ground.

2. Amy Goodwin was repeatedly told to stay on the sidewalk or she would be arrested. REPEATEDLY .. and not yelled out, but simply warned. Amy Goodwin persisted in trying to push her way through the cop line in which case one asked "do you want to be arrested?" She was not idley standing by.. she was blantantly ignoring and shoving her way into the police line.

3. Amy Goodwin, upon her release, says that cops immediately pulled her down by the press credentials she had hanging around her neck. Not once did I see this in the videos. They were trying to subdue her and she was resisting.

4. She also lies on FSTV about the events that led to her arrest making it sound as though she was obeying the officers when she was doing quite the opposite.

This is the truth. But everyone is on this cop bashing binge they don't want to take the time to LOOK AT THE TRUTH. I also would say that there are cases where cops over step their boundary and this is the TRUTH.. but saying that this is one of those cases is anything BUT the truth.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

hmmm, sorry. Must have missed the posts in which you keep asking me about the truth.

Ah. Sorry. They're here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since one of the videos that ppl are sooo upset about is the one containing the arrest of Amy Goodwin, why don't we talk about the truth there.

I am not saying anything about the Amy Goodwin vid. As far as I'm concerned, she is merely a Left Gatekeeper. For this reason, I have little trust of her. So you may have the truth on this one.

But also the truth is that the friendly neighborhood cop is gone, and it is because of plans put into place to rob us of our freedoms and move us toward 1984.

Now we have SS. Now we can be watched but the watchers do not want to be watched back. Now we do see brutality and excessive exercise of authority, whether in these instances or others.

So let's choose to dwell on the truth of THAT, eh?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

*sighs* listen, I clicked on the link and I think I made myself pretty damn clear. There are plenty of threads that are full of ppl more than willing to debate on the topic of 9/11. In fact, go read through them. I did and it woke me up to the fact that I was basing some things in assumption rather than fact. So enough of the trying to bait me into a discussion that is not relevent to the topics. Thank you.

And I have stated over and over that I know there are bad cops. As far as the book 1984, there are a lot of civilians who are helping to bring that about. You push, they WILL push back. The more ppl show they "need" to be controlled, those higher up will have their excuse to enforce and impose more.. not out of hate (although I am sure annoyance is a factor), but more bc they want to protect their interests.... just as you do. There are two sides to this struggle ya know and everyone has an agenda. And don't twist that to mean that I am on the side of the higher ups.. I am only on my side and my family's side.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I had a similar issue when I was photographing a rather spectacular arrest in the Netherlands. Four police officers with weapons drawn dragged two people out of a car they just stopped on the public road in front of my house. When they were done cuffing them they summoned me to stop photographing and erase the photos.

This is where the problems kick in, because you ARE allowed to film and photograph on the public road BUT if a police officer summons you to do something you are by law required to comply. I did stop of course, the action was over anyway, but asking me to erase the photos? No way I was going to do that! Those were taken legally after all, before being summoned to stop.

After some discussion, neither the police officer nor myself was certain what the law was on that request, and after we both calmed down we settled on me having to promise not to make the photos public because they were still looking for accomplices of those who got arrested. This time I agreed with that on moral grounds.

The truth however still is that the police can not confiscate nor demand destruction of any material filmed or photographed on the public road, not even if it gives away their identity, they are public figures in a public place. They can however summon you to stop and arrest you if you don't

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

WHY DON`T YOU GO BROWN LIP SOME 18 YEAR OLD PLASTIC COPPER FOR HEAVY HANDLING OF SOME INOCENT PERSON WALKING THE STREETS,EXERCISING HIS FREEDOM! BY ARRESTING HIM FOR WHATEVER SLIGHT RULE OF LAW YOU CAN ,PERVERSLY INVOLVE HIM/HER IN. WETHER IT BE A STUPID BY LAW ,LIKE CROSSING A HIGHWAY 3 MINS BEFORE YOUR ALLOCATED TIME. OR IS IT JUST THE FACT THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF POLICE MEN AND MAINLY COMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICERS HAVE EVEN LESS KNOWLEDGE THAN A SCHOOL LEAVER WITH JUST ENOUGH TO PASS HIS BASIC EXAMS. THAT IS WHAT THE COUNTRY HAS COME TO, A LOAD OF UNDERPAID AND ZERO SKILLED PUPPETS OF THE STATE ,INTERPRETING THE LAW AS THEY SEE IT, AND FROM THE PREVIOUS VIDEOS,WHICH I MUST ADD ,ARE JUST A VERY SMALL FRACTION OF THE IDIOUSEY OF THE LAW .HERE IN THE UK. JESUS ,MY LORD THERE LIKE WATCHING A MODERN DAY LAURYL AND HARDY!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggyturbojimOR IS IT JUST THE FACT THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF POLICE MEN AND MAINLY COMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICERS HAVE EVEN LESS KNOWLEDGE THAN A SCHOOL LEAVER WITH JUST ENOUGH TO PASS HIS BASIC EXAMS.

Well you have made it clear that there are some civilians who probably couldn't even pass a basic exam, so go ahead and lump them into one group, start your little revolutions against them and see how far it takes you.

Me, I'd rather use a touch of genius by looking at facts and applying wisdom. Someone who fights a revolution out of anger and dies angry didn't die free. Those who remain civil and DEFEND (rather than OFFEND) their right to self liberty are those who, if they die for the cause, truly die free

And truth should never be comprimised for any agenda
The truth is, all cops are not evil bastards. In fact, some are quite good, honest, and noble
yes... it is true.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
reply to post by Acharya

With all do respect, if you look around, you'll see that is exactly what's going on.

To your original post, you are allowed to have your opinion as everyone else is entitled to. People should have the free choice whether to be controlled or not. I would bet almost everyone would bet not

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Universal Light]

Why are people saying this all of a sudden?!? It's driving me mad!!

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT!!

Do people just not think about what they are saying anymore? Do they not question things??

OK, everyone I have noticed typing this so far has been American and I know they/you pronounce the word "due" like "do" sometimes but it is really no excuse.

Anyway, the above post was with all do.. I mean due respect to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I watched the UK video. Didn't see anything outrageous really. No physical assault and once the laws were discussed they clearly backed off.

It's ridiculous how so many people seem to get upset about this. Little goldilocks, police can't be too aggressive, can't be too passive, have to be exactly perfect otherwise you'll revolt.

I bet you'd kick off if someone followed you around every public street filming you. Throw some videos up of all the abuse the police get for trying to help the public and you'll understand why a few can go over the top.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It would seem that a certain type of personality is recruited when considering a potential candidate for the academy these days. Plus cops seem to have fundamentally an us against them mentality. I mean this in regards to certain contact with the public outside of traditional duties like writing traffic tickets. Not to say this doesn't apply here as well.

I filmed the aftermath of a shootout near my home a few years back. The paramedics were working on the shooter. When the cops saw me filming they just made a human curtain around the activity and I was never hassled. The cops had shot the man as he had opened fire on them. This was after Rodney King so they were probably careful not to bother.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

No one should be surprised that this type of illegal action is being committed by the Police. Every since bush was appointed to office he has done his best to create a Fascist Government in America. He has revoked or greatly restricted just about every Civil and Constitutional Right we have. We, by our silence, allow this to happen and it will only get worse as time goes on.

People are accepting it because they are afraid of standing up to the Government and its Police State policies because of the real fear that they too will be arrested and their lives ruined by the Dictatorial Government we are being forced to live in.

Democracy has been all but destroyed here and if we do not start to demand our Government stop these draconian attacks upon us we will wake up one day to find that we have lost what little Freedoms we have left and we may never get them back.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join