It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Camera Shy Big Brother

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
OMG...This is a MUST SEE.

If this doesn't get your blood boiling, nothing will.

While Big Brother simultaniosly takes away our rights one by one, and sets up more and more surveillance cameras, surveillance satellites, and wiretaps on our phone, more and more measures are being handed down to harrass and intimidate US from watching them! Now while these are recent clips from the UK, the EXACT SAME THING, perhaps even worse, is taking place here in the states. Take the recent arrests of journalists and producers documenting shady activities and police brutality at the farcical "conventions"...It does not become more obvious, we are under attack by TPTB, and they are stripping us of every right we have, now spilling over into the right to keep a watchful eye on them!

I hope everybody takes the time to watch this, as this is a problem that is snowballing very quickly IMHO...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
And here's our recent U.S. version where an ABC PRODUCER is man-handled, pushed out into the street by a thug cop, then choked and chicken-winged into submission and arrest by a gang of thugs with badges...His crime? Filming Gov officials meeting with their DONORS!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Journalist Amy Goodman arrested at the RNC:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
And here's a little written summary, documenting some of the blow-by-blow trampling of the illusion that is the "freedom of the press"...

Seig Heil to the Fascist police State peons!

They're rounding up journalists now.

Covering breaking news has always been a Constitutionally protected activity in the United States. The Bush administration, however, seems intent on changing the rules -- or at least in seeing how far the government can push its police state mentality and get away with it.

You'd think the mainstream media would be all over a story like this. But so far, the biggest media outlets have been eerily silent. Dozens of journalists, photographers, bloggers and videomakers have been arrested in an orchestrated round up of independents covering the Republican National Convention. Journalists covering protests have been pointed out by authorities, blasted with tear gas and pepper spray, and brutalized while in custody.

Continued:

www.opednews.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I honestly could only watch a small portion of each video without my stomach wretching.

People don't seem to get it. They applaud this kind of thing a lot of times. YAY for the policeman in arresting the "unruly" character getting loud and making sheeple...err people feel uncomfortable. I haven't used the word sheeple hardly ever... but I think it's appropriate.

The SHEEPLE didn't do ANYTHING as they watched this person responsible for informing their lazy asses getting illegally arrested!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Good job once again DD.

I wonder how long it will take for the influx of posters telling us this is for our own good, and that if we dont have anything to hide why does it matter?

Oddly enough, they will not question why if the PTB has nothing to hide, why they seem to care so much about the public filming them.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
OMG this is so creepy, hearing about this like right now. I just started reading George Orwells, 1984, a book about Big Brother, Written in 1984! Totally agreed with you. This must not happen!

Edit to add:

After watching the second and third video, I'm extremely tempted to:

Go into a public space in a crowed area with law enforcement officers present:

Have multiply cameras and film.

Film

Try to bait the officers

As soon as they start to harass me, pull out a mega phone and a original looking copy of the bill of rights and shout them out into the megaphone

Have a friend catch it entirely on camera

Sit back and relax and watch the police.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by truth_seeker3]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The British are smart people. I like how they calmly use logic and make the officers admit there is no law concerning taking pictures on public property. It is also nice to see the events prior to the "authority" approaching them. It shows there was no aggression on the part of the civilian.

I am not saying that there was aggression on the part of the Americans, but I also can't say there wasn't since we are only shown the events once the police are "bullying" and so I honestly find it hard to make a call in that regard.

However, there does seem to be unrest on both the citizens and the police officers part in both countries.. that is the most disturbing thing to me. Things seem to really be gearing up and I am nervous for the sake of all of those who are unarmed and unable to protect themselves fairly.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
it looked like one of those guys was just talking on his mobile when that copper came up and just shoved him into the street... this just makes me wanna go out with my cam and a copy of the laws and just stick it in their face when they try to do something

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Its amazing how they actually think they can get away with using bully boy tactics to stop people filming freely.

I liked the way the man reacted in the first vid when the two coppers approached him at his front door, very calm and in control, if he was "aggresive" in anyway he would of been slapped with a section 5 and arrested.

They tried this with me a while ago when I was filming two coppers searching a group of 10 year old kids for nothing, my phone was taken off me, the file was deleted then I was told "this is your warning" then I was given the whole "you'll be arrested under section 5" drivel, after that I beat a hasty retreat.

Wake up people...this s' is going on right now!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
OMG this is so creepy, hearing about this like right now. I just started reading George Orwells, 1984, a book about Big Brother, Written in 1984! Totally agreed with you. This must not happen!

Edit to add:

After watching the second and third video, I'm extremely tempted to:

Go into a public space in a crowed area with law enforcement officers present:

Have multiply cameras and film.

Film

Try to bait the officers

As soon as they start to harass me, pull out a mega phone and a original looking copy of the bill of rights and shout them out into the megaphone

Have a friend catch it entirely on camera

Sit back and relax and watch the police.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by truth_seeker3]

With all due respect, 1984 was written in 1949.

Also, what exactly would you be protesting by shouting through a megaphone in the face of the police? The fact that they'd arrest you?

I'm not trying to squelch anyone's right to protest. But a bunch of OMG's will change nothing for us. Pick your battles much more carefully. And for the love of humanity, keep your record clean for as long as possible!

If you "try to bait the officers", what are you going to tell the judge? They will throw their heavy book at you!

And you're going to "sit back and relax"? From the back of a squad car, in handcuffs.

Before you try and blast me for supporting the NWO, Big Brother, whatever...please let me express my deepest support for OUR Constitution and OUR obligation, as citizens, to remain vigilant in the face of tyranny. But provoking a tyrannical reaction from cops who are trained to spot the slightest hint of a threat to public safety and deal with it immediately hardly seems noble or worthwhile. You obviously have strong beliefs and a healthy sense of what you feel is righteous. So, like I said, pick your battles carefully. Or you'll end up in a jail cell, wondering what you did wrong...

That said, I condemn the behaviors of these officers, and more importantly, the system which they are a part of whenever it seeks to subvert our rights to obfuscate the truth. OP, great post, per usual.

Peace.

[edit on 9.4.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The only offense is to take photos or video on private property without the permission of the owners or managers of the establishment. In a public square or on a public street there is no offense possible under the law.

That will soon change as our streets, road ways and even side walks are privatized and sold to companies which then will be able to make these kind of civil rights issues a non sequitur in the very near future.

You will only be able to take video when given the say so of the private property holders which will be big corporations who would likely give their security and police the discretion to do as they pleased so long as there was no civil damages that would cost them money as a result.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
First off, UFOTECH, big ups for your "sage-like" avatar

I recently read Jim Marrs' The Rise of the Fourth Reich; quoting:

However, even Mussolini pointed out that 'The first stage of fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism, because it is the merger of state and corporate power.'...In fascist Italy and Nazi Germany, the state gained control over the corporations. In modern America, corporations have gained control over the state.
The end result is the same. (pp.6,7)

It is sickening how much of American society has been commandeered by corporations.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yeah yeah we get it already, plus there have been separate threads on most of these "incidents".

We need more "thug cops" to keep the order.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Thanks the for realization on the law DD, i think I'm going to go film the streets for a while and hopefully tell some police what the law actually is, so to clarify, you can do it on public property, but you cannot do it on private land...

Fox

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
And here's a little written summary, documenting some of the blow-by-blow trampling of the illusion that is the "freedom of the press"...

Seig Heil to the Fascist police State peons!

They're rounding up journalists now.

Covering breaking news has always been a Constitutionally protected activity in the United States. The Bush administration, however, seems intent on changing the rules -- or at least in seeing how far the government can push its police state mentality and get away with it.

You'd think the mainstream media would be all over a story like this. But so far, the biggest media outlets have been eerily silent. Dozens of journalists, photographers, bloggers and videomakers have been arrested in an orchestrated round up of independents covering the Republican National Convention. Journalists covering protests have been pointed out by authorities, blasted with tear gas and pepper spray, and brutalized while in custody.

Continued:

www.opednews.com...

Please provide an alternate source on this. Considering that site looks like its made from a 5 year old and its next to impossible for a normal human being to navigate.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Teki187]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thanks again my friend. We need to keep bringing this stuff to the forefront because it is getting more and more out of hand. Sorry, but if they can watch us then we have the right to watch them. Period. If they can put a tap on my phone then I should be allowed to hear what they are saying SINCE I AM THEIR EMPLOYER! I (and you other fellow Americans) pay their wages!

If they want to strip our freedoms in the name of FREEDOM then they need to become completely transparent themselves. Period. That means all the way down to the police force.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have to say that in the uk, the police didn't just fly in and start attacking or arresting people....once you challenge them and know the law, what can they do?

The US ones seem to reveal a totally different approach..... let's hope we keep it like that in the UK.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

I'd say more, but I'd get banned.

FK

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sadly, there is nothing we can do but submit. You have seen all the videos. Just go peacefully and get out easy with your video evidence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join