It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient hidden tunnels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I've been reading a lot, lately, about underground tunnels left by ancient civilizations, most of which have been unexplored. What can you guys tell me about the supposed tunnels in Egypt, Death Valley, South America, and the East?
BRANTON talks about tunnels a lot in his "Secrets of the Mojave" monologue, but his mistakes throw doubt on the rest of the research. Do you guys have anything to support (or deny) some of his claims? Sadly, Branton experienced a convenient car accident in which he lost a good portion of his memory concerning these events...
www.v-j-enterprises.com...
I'd really like to personally explore some of these tunnels, if I could just discover an exact location...

On a side note, does anyone know anything about the underground military base in Santee, CA?

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
In Santee? Where? If you know where the entrance/exits are/were, next time I am in San Diego, I will check them out. Are they protected, and guarded? I know there is an old base to the east of I-15 just before you get to the Marine tank reserve unit (4th Marine Div.) and Miramar. I think it was camp Caroll, it has been so long. The topside were prewar wooden warehouses connected by traintrack. I will search for a name and report back.

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
bob -
those 1000year-old tunnels are the ones I was curious about. I'll run a search for pictures, though I've tried finding stuff on the net before (about tunnels) and found little; all I know is basically what you said - they're square-shaped, and run for miles.
Why do you think they haven't been explored.....?
And I'll see what I can find on Benitz. Think I've seen that name before....

Troy -
I know where 5 entrances are, but they are all on clearly-marked government property. I know nothing about that old wooden base, but I've explored the abandoned base by the water tower in Miramar(follow the bike trails). You can check out the underground one for yourself, but only if you tell me what you find out. Take the 52 east to mast blvd and go north on Carlton Hills

or terraserver:
terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com...
The white ovoid shape is the roof of part of the underground structure, its only a foot above the ground.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wannabe

are you sure that you are talking about the carlton hills site because there are no visible entrances and the structure almost looks like some sort of water reservoir but a good amount as in all of the valley behind it looks unnecessarily filled in which leads me to believe that theres something down there and what that would be is my question
please reply, [email protected]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There's a few mysterious tunnels in Egypt, some man-made and some natural. Near the fourth cataract of the Nile the river changed course (google "Nile paleochannel" for images) Researchers have uncovered the ancient Nile river bed below ground and discovered portions of it have sunk since being buried, leaving a tunnel that can actually be walked or crawled along. Not publicly accessible afaik. I'd love to read something more about that.
Then there's some man-made tunnels, not the usual tomb-related tunnels that are crawled over by Egyptology experts, but ones that I read lead from underground cisterns located near the Giza plateau heading west, into the desert. The Nile is east of the plateau, so where were these leading to?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I know Cali had a subway system built back in the 50's or 60's that are stopped up and used for storage for above ground buildings now.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There is a tv show on it on the history channel I believe. I could be off on the channel but it's called cities of the underworld.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
?? Better picture
Looks like a water retention system but I'm 2000+ miles away

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
hmm the forum board for general conspiracy discussion is only showing one reply for this thread, and has been for a while

must be some sort of technical glitch.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

yeah thats what i thought to but why is it labeled as a sports complex on goggle earth but the most mysterious part is that it is owned by a private company and theres no records of that building being built more less being there haha

[edit on 19-4-2009 by avgjoe360]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There are so many ancient underground cities that have been discovered so far. Makes one wonder what hasn't been discovered yet. The underground city of Derinkuyu in Turkey (xenophilius.wordpress.com...) is probably one of the more fascinating of them all. I've never been there but I sure would like to go there some day. What is so fascinating is how extensive that city is, layer upon layer. What would compel a people to spend so much effort to excavate such an underground city for themselves? What was wrong with living topside? Were they afraid of something, hiding from something? There is so much hiding from us underground, so much history buried, maybe even right below our own feet.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Divinorumus]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

upon further review of the site the hill around the site is irrigated to this day and it was built before i was born, leads me to believe there trying to hide trace heat, and while exploring the back side of the site i could see down into a stair case circled in the link could be a possible entrance

viewmorepics.myspace.com...

i hope the link is viewable

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Take a look at Herodion, its a fortress built by Herod, and is crawling with tunnels, underground water reservoirs, cisterns, and so on.

Very cool pics, just scan down to see them. The "Bar Kochva revolt tunnels" are sweet.

top topics

join