It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have ATS Points Decreased By 80%??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Just a question. Before I wrote a huge post about a page long and only got 10 points for it. All the times previously I'd usually get about 40 or 50. Have the awarding of ATS points decreased?? Is this something to do with certain prizes being awarded if a member has a certain amount of ATS points?? Therefore the admin are making it harder to get the points??

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Nothing has changed. However, be aware that some forums reward higher points for replies to your posts than others. Generally, the fine-topic forums such as "New World Order" reward higher points for replies than forums such as "Website Related". Also, we'll soon have a mechanism in place to reward the highest ranked new thread each week.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Nothing has changed.

However, be aware that some forums reward higher points for replies to your posts than others. Generally, the fine-topic forums such as "New World Order" reward higher points for replies than forums such as "Website Related".

Also, we'll soon have a mechanism in place to reward the highest ranked new thread each week.

Why not reward a few of the new threads taht have the highest points each week?

Like the top 10 threads that have the highest points, that were made that week instead of just one.

That would give i think better motivation to the people of ATS to create more quality threads.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
i agree with darage
the ranking system seems to be pretty much a failure as hardly anyone uses it

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Heh, I don't think thats what DaRAGE was saying watcher?

The ranking system seems to be working nicely. Just have a look at the top 100 list to see how well its going.

join