It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Impact Simulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Found this on LiveLeak:

www.liveleak.com...

What could you do against that.

Sorry for the stunted post, nothing really to say on the subject, just thought it was a good video.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Dig a big hole and pray for the good spaceman to come and whisk you away

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is nothing we can do, although I have some doubts about the fire engulfing the whole Earth, according to the Impact Effects Calculator the air blast 12000 km away would be strong enough to destroy many buildings.

I guess it would be just another change of life forms for the Earth, we must not forget that we are not important on a planetary scale.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts.

I wonder how deep you'd have to go to survive this? At least we would have plenty of time to prepare.

I thought the devastation was a little extreme, however I'm no asteroid impact expert, but it did make for a good video.

Nice music too. Rather hear that than Aerosmith at the end of the world!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
There is nothing we can do, although I have some doubts about the fire engulfing the whole Earth, according to the Impact Effects Calculator the air blast 12000 km away would be strong enough to destroy many buildings.

I guess it would be just another change of life forms for the Earth, we must not forget that we are not important on a planetary scale.

The simulation does not even come close to the effects that would happen if a 500 KM diameter asteroid hit.

IT WOULD END ALL LIFE ON THE EARTH, THERE WOULD BE NO HOPE OF SURVIVAL.

It would melt the entire surface of the planet, there would be no buildings to knock down.

That sim is several years old and is quite tame as far as the effects of an object that size collliding with the earth.

It would result in a new moon and another billion year waite for life to start all over again if it can

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

I suppose you have some good sources to back that up, right?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Great video, i think there would be more distruction is something that big hit the earth.

Not just an end to life, but an end to the planet. Would it knock the planet out of it orbit?

top topics

join